• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blue Marvel Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a few Blue Marvel abilities that we have missed out.

He has Limited Gravity Manipulation and Magnetism Manipulation as well as Matter Manipulation, Absorption, Possible Radiation Manipulation, Forcefield Creation and Resistance to Matter Manipulation.

• Blue Marvel flies by manipulation of gravitons, manipulation of magnetic fields, control of his absolute molecular movement, and utilizing his superhuman speed.
I believe it is also combat applicable since he is directly manipulating the gravitons and magnetic bonds around him, but it highly doubt it's on a solar system level scale.

• Adam can also manipulate material bonds as well as he can control and manipulate anti-material and energy.
Bear in mind that anti-matter is another form of matter and Adam is described as a stable anti-matter reactor. Also, using real life science, a collision between any particle and its anti-particle partner is known to lead to their mutual annihilation, giving rise to various proportions of intense photons (gamma rays), neutrinos, and sometimes less-massive particle―antiparticle pairs. Neutrino's would be evidence of sub-atomic level control right?

He is able to absorb Anti-Matter, I mean that's how he got his powers in the first place.

He was able to create a bubble to trap his enemy.

Also since he is composed of Anti-Matter as opposed to regular matter, he would be resistant to any conventional forms of matter manipulation that cannot manipulate anti-matter.

The bulleted points are all abilities that are dictated on his page.

If there are any questions you are of course free to state them (duh).

Antimatter absorption and force field creation seem fine, but the rest need to be demonstrated for practical usage before we can make assumptions.

Bump.

Well the resistance to Matter manipulation should work since he isn't composed of normal matter and is resistant to anti-matter anyway.

Antvasima said:
Antimatter absorption and force field creation seem fine, but the rest need to be demonstrated for practical usage before we can make assumptions.
But hasn't The Sentry been given Telekinesis because; his mind holds his physical powers together.

He has to demonstrate resistance to matter manipulation first.

I do not know about the Sentry, but several wrongs do not make a right.

He has.

His entire use of his power is based upon manipulating anti-matter and converting it into energy, that's why he calls himself a anti-matter reactor. Plus he generated subatomic particles (photons) in order to counteract the anti-photons that were infecting here, surely that should be evidence of Matter Manipulation right? It also doubles as Light Manipulation of course.

Seen here.

And I'm assuming his Resistance to Matter Manipulation due to him being made of Anti-Matter rather than regular matter stands?

No, matter manipulation means, for example, effortlessly transforming lead into gold, and resistance to not be transformed into gold when somebody with this ability tries the same trick on yourself.

Ahh okay, I thought that manipulation of particles was equivalent to Matter Manipulation. What If I put Particle Manipulation and link the Superpower Wiki page's version, since he did display the at ability.

And the Forcefield and Radiation? Do they stand or no?

We prefer to not use the Superpower wiki. Particle manipulation likely goes under energy manipulation in this case.

Forcefield creation should be fine. Radiation also neads an explicit demonstration.

I could temporarily unlock it for you instead.

Has the Blue Marvel page been edited?

@Seed

Has he demonstrated this ability on his own?

Antvasima said:
No, matter manipulation means, for example, effortlessly transforming lead into gold, and resistance to not be transformed into gold when somebody with this ability tries the same trick on yourself.
Now that it's been revived, f**k it.

Matter Manipulation: Matter Manipulation is the ability to manipulate the particles that make up matter and the bonds between them.

It isn't normal matter (rather anti-matter) but he was still able to manipulate it, in fact, if you look at the text he actually change his Anti-Matter into normal Photons.

Transmutation: Transmutation is the ability to alter the form of energy, beings, objects, matter, etc. to change it into something else.

Isn't that exactly what he did here? I think maybe because most transmutation is portrayed in the way you said that you might have missed out the other ways it can be used.

So basically according to both definitions Blue Marvel has both Matter Manipulation and Transmutation, since he was able to change his anti-matter into photons.

I still accept the fact that he hasn't demonstrated resistance to Matter Manipulation though.

You might have a point, but if we list the ability, most readers will misunderstand what is intended, and think that he can freely change the molecular composition of matter.

I think that it is easier to file his ability under energy manipulation.

Then should I put he was able/is able to change his ow anti-matter into other sub-atomic particles so they know that he can't (or at hasn't demonstrated because I do think he can but he just hasn't shown it yet) change normal matter. This actually makes a lot of sense since he doesn't use normal matter anyway.

I think that it fits better as energy manipulation.

You can place a brief explanation about his energy manipulation in the page if you wish.

Quick question though? Doesn't the Energy Manipulation page liken the '''Conversion of an energy into material objects''' as under Matter Manipulation anyway?

The Blue Marvel strictly seems to use the energy produced in the collission of matter and anti-matter, not any molecular manipulation.

I am getting extremely tired of talking about this, and would appreciate if you permanently drop the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back