• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blue Lock Discussion Thread

Vzearr

He/Him
Thread to discuss the popular series Blue Lock!

Blue_Lock_key_visual.png

While some may be against it, I want to make a verse page for blue lock. (I'm already working on one).

Although the verse is generally human level, there are a few superhuman feats in the series which Is why I believe it should be fine.

Always wondered where Loki's dash scaled lol. I hope either of the Subsonic ends of your calc gets accepted cuz that's where I scale the feat too.

i do imagine some of the speedsters in blue lock should have some degree of superhuman speed since they do regularly seem to genuinely blitz people

High tiers should be roughly subsonic. Although I want to try and get the AP scaling to street level via calcs.

Maybe Analytical Prediction through being able to predict passes and intercepting them, and Social Influence through influencing Barou in the Second Selection arc?
Could you put these in an imgurr file or tell me what ep/ch you got it from, also, thanks for helping ! :)

Could you put these in an imgurr file or tell me what ep/ch you got it from, also, thanks for helping ! :)
I believe @Amon.vl already helped with the Analytical Prediction part so I'll just drop the Social Influence one. Here, Isagi influenced Barou to pass the ball to him even though Barou didn't want to (chap 64). I also have some more abilities for Isagi.

Power Mimicry: Copied Naruhaya's weapon to devour Barou.
Accelerated Development: Is a genius in terms of adaptability.
Stealth Mastery: Used Barou as bait and moved without getting noticed.

That's a good question. I guess I'm gonna go with a yes cuz I can still see the abilities I pointed out being useful in fights.
there are a few combat instincts/reactions like when shidou jumps high and tries to kick isagi in the face but then chigiri saves him or kunigami blocking and being sent a few feet back after blocking a shidou kick, so i would say at least some of the abilities should be combat usable

about the subsonic speeds... is it really ok with the narrative for them to have subsonic speed? A Football field should be around 100 m, with subsonic speed (34 m/s) it means the can go edge to edge in less than 3 s, and that's just baseline subsonic...

I believe before even waste time someone should ask staff if the verse is worth to be add.

For all I can tell the Intelligence section is the only thing worth scaling, most of the "feats" in the verse (like subsonic instances) are exaggerations of what actually happens.

EDIT: for ap... mh.. maybe something can be done.

about the subsonic speeds... is it really ok with the narrative for them to have subsonic speed? A Football field should be around 100 m, with subsonic speed (34 m/s) it means the can go edge to edge in less than 3 s, and that's just baseline subsonic...
I mean the Subsonic feat is only from a dashing/short distance travel speed so I don't think that would be a problem.
They aint beating anyone with martial arts though
Characters like Bachira and Shido can perform acrobatic kicks so at least some of the verse can actually fight. Besides, a character on the website doesn't need to know martial arts to participate in vs threads.

You would be suggesting they can keep up those subsonic speed for longer distances without evidence.

Characters like Bachira and Shido can perform acrobatic kicks so at least some of the verse can actually fight.
Acrobatic moves =/= knowing how to fight
Besides, a character on the website doesn't need to know martial arts to participate in vs threads.
I didn't say they couldn't

I meant as in, They aren't beating anyone who knows how to fight or atleast have experience in fighting

I mean the Subsonic feat is only from a dashing/short distance travel speed so I don't think that would be a problem.
eh? Loki later in that feat just runs basically, if we even take the anime feat I believe Rin and the others were in slow motion compared to him iirc
You would be then suggesting they can keep up those subsonic speed for longer distances without evidence.
Loki does for example but as I said most of those feats are just exaggerations of what happens, by using the point of a friend if Loki was geniuely subsonic compared to other characters, and yes, his speed is presented to be above everyone else in the verse, he could just speed blitz everyone and score easy goals from the start of the match by just dashing here and there, even if you account for stamina he should be able to score 2-3 goals this way which is something OP given in every match he will make the team start with an enormous advantage.

Acrobatic moves =/= knowing how to fight
What's the border for "knowing how to fight"? For me, a character who can throw kicks and punches without hurting theirself at least knows how to fight. Bachira and Shido not only have the ability to throw kicks, but they also can perform acrobatic ones.
I meant as in, They aren't beating anyone who knows how to fight or atleast have experience in fighting
That would be their skill issue then 🤷‍♂️

There are many characters on the site that don't get used for versus threads so does that mean they shouldn't exist?

What's the border for "knowing how to fight"? For me, a character who can throw kicks and punches without hurting theirself at least knows how to fight. Bachira and Shido not only have the ability to throw kicks, but they also can perform acrobatic ones.
Hm
That would be their skill issue then 🤷‍♂️
Yes XD
There are many characters on the site that don't get used for versus threads so does that mean they shouldn't exist?
Personally, I wouldn't put them

Though i did put Baku, But that's because he participated in fights and even won based on his smarts alone

Back