• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blue Eyes White Dragon: Electricity or Radiation Manipulation?

I saw that the Blue Eyes White Dragon's profile lists Electricity Manipulation as one of its abilities. Is that because of the electricity effect around its energy blasts? The blasts themselves don't look or act like electricity, and in the anime its attack is called the "neutron blast attack" (at least that's what the English dub called it). There even seems to be a Blue Eyes-specific spell card with the same name alluding to that.

Wouldn't this be closer to Radiation Manipulation instead? Neutron radiation is even given as an example in the Radiation Manipulation page.

Its attack is called "White Lightning" in its profile page, though. Where does that come from? Is there something I'm missing?

This might be relevant for fights involving characters with lightning resistance.

After watching Yu-Gi-Oh: Dark Side of Dimensions, I saw that its attack is sometimes called "White Lightning." Would that just mean the Blue Eyes White Dragon has both radiation and lightning manipulation?

It could be both, by any chance do you know if this is a translation only or original sub thing?

It has been called both, "White Lightning Attack" and Neutron Blast, so i'd suspect both.

In the OP, the anime's method of naming the attacks is mentioned on top of the card game spell card unique to Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon, so it likely is about both.

Back