• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blue and White Verse Addition | Cosmology Page | Main Character Page | Verse Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also want to remove the SCP verse, as it is not based on actual stories, just random fan-creations in character sheets from another wiki, which is against our rules to feature here, but it is so popular among our members here that I keep being outvoted.

Anyway, this is the wrong thread to discuss such issues.

Also, I did not know that millions of Chinese people know about our wiki via TikTok. It isn't very well-known via YouTube.

Also, we will not ban Chinese novels, that have been properly translated into English, just because they are recurrently obsessively power-mad and use similar systems to our own.
Ant what.

Dude you can't just ban every high tier verse just because it isn't mainstream or "power creeps organically".

Cultivation is just a tool Chinese authors use to present their ideas and beliefs. It's no different than superheroes representing justice and good in Western comics.

As long as profiles adhere to our standards I don't understand why any verse that reads like a battleboarder's wet dream should be banned.

I mean, I agree with the former. Ofc, those with official translation can't be banned. The author who wants his novel to be power-mad to the point he also copies some of our abilities and to the point there are some curtain connection between vs battle community and him, I would re-consider not allowing it.
@Sir_Ovens

The author who wants his novel to be power-mad to the point he also copies some of our abilities and to the point there are some curtain connection between vs battle community and him
Correct me if I am wrong, but is this allowed regardless or not?

I don't think this has anything to do with vs wiki, because if someone creates an article that is too pushy with tiering vs wiki and the story is too compelling it usually gets a downvote and the article will be removed like SCP-3812 not everyone knows vs wiki too.

I am really getting sick of people calling scp "fanfiction". That is the most braindead argument i've ever seen. The hypocrisy and double standards are embarrassing.

Last edited:
@Antvasima is it possible for DT to come back and give this simple yes to cloud new policies so the threads like this can be done? It has been 3 days and there are only 3 calculations rely on that decision.

Ant what.

Dude you can't just ban every high tier verse just because it isn't mainstream or "power creeps organically".

Cultivation is just a tool Chinese authors use to present their ideas and beliefs. It's no different than superheroes representing justice and good in Western comics.

As long as profiles adhere to our standards I don't understand why any verse that reads like a battleboarder's wet dream should be banned.
Yes, agreed, and that is what I repeatedly tried to say.

@Antvasima is it possible for DT to come back and give this simple yes to cloud new policies so the threads like this can be done? It has been 3 days and there are only 3 calculations rely on that decision.
I will try to summon him again. This is getting rather tiresome.

@DontTalkDT

Are you willing to help us out with this please. We won't proceed here otherwise.

I think I'm going to add on to the cosmology as I have finished the first three novels of the series (Inhuman Gene Complex), Brain Hole Universe , and Information Omniscient. I think I need to read the latest novel and reread the first three before adding on details from later novels as I remember that Brain Hole Universe is a bigger power creep than Inhuman Gene Complex

I think I'm going to add on to the cosmology as I have finished the first three novels of the series (Inhuman Gene Complex), Brain Hole Universe , and Information Omniscient. I think I need to read the latest novel and reread the first three before adding on details from later novels as I remember that Brain Hole Universe is a bigger power creep than Inhuman Gene Complex
where have you read other novels, I have finished non-human and am looking for other translations of novels, by the way, does the author still add references that look like plagiarism?

I already finished the Cosmology Page & MC Profile for Brain Hole btw. It's just I planned on waiting for a bit so I have time to add profiles and anomalies from the first novel before rushing to add the second.

The real issue is that the Blue and White Society Novel, (3rd Book in the Series) is not translated so I didn't want to skip it and add stuff from Omniscient (4th Book) until it was.

Also, we will not ban Chinese novels, that have been properly translated into English, just because they are recurrently obsessively power-mad and use similar systems to our own.
Also, I will note that I said "will not ban" above, not "will ban". I try my best to not be tyrannical, so I do not remotely delete verses just for their ideological content being power-mad, social-Darwinian, amoral, nihilistic, materialistic, malevolent, supremacist, dystopian, cruel, and psychopathic.

I would have to go berzerk on a lot of our featured verses if the only qualification was "makes me feel like throwing up on a conceptual and spiritual level".

Also, I will note that I said "will not ban" above, not "will ban". I try my best to not be tyrannical, so I do not remotely delete verses just for their ideological content being power-mad, social-Darwinian, amoral, nihilistic, materialistic, malevolent, supremacist, dystopian, cruel, and psychopathic.

I would have to go berzerk on a lot of our featured verses if the only qualification was "makes me feel like throwing up on a conceptual and spiritual level".
My point was, not allowing those authors to have connection with vsb members, but @Sir_Ovens clarified, that it needs to be direct involvement.
I mean fair enough, but also if the vsb members are the one who influence those novels for having personal friendship…. I would not really allow it.
It is my personal opinion, in other side, the wiki is growing up and allow anyone to index.

Well, such verses do not break our rules, as long as reliable English translations are publicly available.

Not sure how I could help out with this verse I know little to nothing about so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back