• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bloons Tower Defense: Whole lotta additions

Ironically, armor piercing darts are the one sharp object that you'd expect to pop leads by default but they don't. Not even sub commander pops leads

Super Monkey's the only tower that reaches Tier 5. Every other tower remains tier 8
I wasn't talking about scaling tiering. I was talking about ingame tiers. a 0-0-5 tower is a tier 5 tower and a 0-0-3 tower is a tier 3, etc

Ah, fair. But yeah, it's weird when you think about it from a lore standing. Gameplay balance is dumb lol

I guess those that can pierce lead bloons in Tier 5 (And sometimes much less. A 0-3-0 Robo Monkey can pierce leads too iirc. And he could in BTD5 as 0-3 Robo Monkey) would get resistance negation due to this. Also some have other properties to beat leads such as fire

Yeah I agree. Maybe we could just say that leads have an immunity to sharp objects and that various towers can bypass said immunity.(also base BTD6 robo monkey can't pop leads. I don't remember if it could in BTD5, but I don't think it could. I can check)

Yeah I agree. Maybe we could just say that leads have an immunity to sharp objects and that various towers can bypass said immunity.(also base BTD6 robo monkey can't pop leads. I don't remember if it could in BTD5, but I don't think it could. I can check)
They can in BTD5, but they're unable to do it in BTD6. Just checked it so yeah.

It's just a matter of adding resistance negation to the relevant profiles, since it's already listen on Lead, Gold, and DDT's resistances.

Yeah, I'm glad we have the boi back now. I used Dartling WAY too much in BTD5.

And yeah, we don't quite have a general discussion thread, but considering no one uses or talks about BTD on this forum, it's not really a surprise. Trying to come up with fights but I suck at matchup making when it comes to this forum's rules lol

And yeah, we don't quite have a general discussion thread, but considering no one uses or talks about BTD on this forum, it's not really a surprise. Trying to come up with fights but I suck at matchup making when it comes to this forum's rules lol
I feel you man. I also have another verse that practically nobody really talks about too. Some verses are really underrated here

Been trying to come up with a matchup for my boi Dragaux, but his country-wide potentially-passive corruption hax is a pain lol

I feel like that should be something that's allowed, but I don't really know how limiting abilities work. It would be something to check with staff.

Nothing we know about, no. If Adora's another to go off, he might have Corruption, but we currently have no evidence for anything.

I think that's cause it's kept as Plasma Manip, which is already listed in base. But probably should add light manip as well...

actually it can be bypassed with sheer AP. Most tier 5s that are just purely lots of sharp objects can pop leads with a few exceptions. (take a look at crossbow master, super maelstrom, elite sniper, elite defender, carrier flagship, sky shredder, dark champion+legend of the night)
Compiled a list of which "Sharp" towers can pop Leads.

Dart Monkey: Juggernaut, Ultra-Juggernaut, Crossbow Master
Tack Shooter: Super Maelstrom, Tack Zone
Boomerang Monkey (Without Red Hot Rangs): Glaive Lord
Monkey Ace: Sky Shredder
Heli Pilot: Razor Rotors/Apache Dartship (rotors), Special Poperations (marine)
Super Monkey: Sun Temple, True Sun God, Dark Champion, Legend of the Night
Monkey Buccaneer: Carrier Flagship
Special Agents: Angry Squirrel Rage, Tribal Turtle (Coconut), Tribal Turtle Pro (Spear), Watermelon Spitter Pro

Last edited:
I was referring to the glaives they use thanks to primary sacrifices, hence why Sun Avatar isn't listed. Though idk what it's technically counted as in-code (sharp or plasma)

As for juggernaut, I feel like that's more like a crushing force than a piercing force a la Pat who can also pop leads.

I was surprised when you said frags could pop leads so I tested it in sandbox and they cannot.

4-0-0 MOAR Glaives cannot pop leads. It's also worth noting that only the orbital glaives on glaive lord can pop leads. The regular projectiles cannot

Marine can indeed pop leads, but while testing this I found something pretty noteworthy which is that leads are also immune to blowback. This applies to both downdraft and tornado druids. For obvious reasons I wasn't able to test this with a superstorm druid. Interestingly, an AMD buff did not let either the druid or the heli push back leads, but a MIB does allow the heli to push back bloons and yet a MIB-buffed druid still cannot push back leads.

also interestingly, the darts coming from the military temple's AND sun god's spectre planes can't pop leads & the bombs can't pop blacks. (I testing this using a DDT) however the missiles coming directly from the military temple/sun god do pop leads/blacks

As for juggernaut, I feel like that's more like a crushing force than a piercing force a la Pat who can also pop leads.
I'm just marking the weapons from the "Physical" section, which is what can't pop lead normally
I was surprised when you said frags could pop leads so I tested it in sandbox and they cannot.
Yup, that was my mistake
4-0-0 MOAR Glaives cannot pop leads. It's also worth noting that only the orbital glaives on glaive lord can pop leads. The regular projectiles cannot
Huh... I definitely recall seeing both regular projectiles pop em when I was doing it... Not sure what happened there.
Marine can indeed pop leads, but while testing this I found something pretty noteworthy which is that leads are also immune to blowback. This applies to both downdraft and tornado druids. For obvious reasons I wasn't able to test this with a superstorm druid. Interestingly, an AMD buff did not let either the druid or the heli push back leads, but a MIB does allow the heli to push back bloons and yet a MIB-buffed druid still cannot push back leads.
Yeah, it's bizarre to think just how heavy they are in reality (this is already noted in their profiles tho), which makes Bloonchipper all the more impressive
also interestingly, the darts coming from the military temple's AND sun god's spectre planes can't pop leads & the bombs can't pop blacks. (I testing this using a DDT) however the missiles coming directly from the military temple/sun god do pop leads/blacks
Well that makes sense, considering they're just summons, even if magically enhanced.

Dartling comes out publicly in a few days, but we do have previews of all the paths as of now. Though without the ability to test it out ratings may be difficult.

Dartling comes out publicly in a few days, but we do have previews of all the paths as of now. Though without the ability to test it out ratings may be difficult.
A draft can still be made for the first path and then add the other paths when it's globally released and then make the profile for the Dartling Gun

If we're going with BTD6 as the primary canon then the Bloontium Darts and cameo on base were removed.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

On a similar topic, I was going to move Wizard Monkey's lightning to the Summon Whirlwind tabber since it's also magic borrowed from the Druids. Only reason this could be kept is that it reasonably could still be accessed by Wizards since it's just borrowing spells (Which is already referenced to on the profile)

Back