• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bloons Tower Defense: Whole lotta additions

Well we got two options
  1. Calc it with no upgrades
  2. Just upscale them from the Sun Avatar's 6-C thing

Trying to go through the calc that Dvorak had done and apply it to the new size, but I'm not really sure what they did for the size of the sun blast and obviously they're banned, so I can't ask

but I'm not really sure what they did for the size of the sun blast and obviously they're banned, so I can't ask
Well they used two methods
  1. First they just used a standard Dart Monkey and compared its head size to the size of the tower. Which then got the size of the plasma shots
  2. They used Bloons Monkey City and compared its different in-game size to the size of a standard monkey then used the game to get the size of the plasma blast
Though since the size for the head is already accepted, you can just piggy back off of their calc and just make one for the base version.

No, I know how they got the diameter of the blast. The problem I have is the "Cylinder" volume and figuring out how tf they got what they did, as neither cylinder nor sphere with those lengths would get those volumes.

What do you mean?
  • SA = 2πrh + 2πr^2
  • SA = 2π(355.7914/2)(35.7082) + 2π(177.8957)^2
  • SA = 2π(177.8957)(35.7082) + 2π(31,646.88007849)
  • SA = 39,912.899 + 198,843.211927
  • SA = 238,756.11
Which is what he got. Doing the same for the other numbers also gets the numbers he got.

Okay, so this is what I got.
Diameter: 247.831 cm
Volume: 123,593.2797 cm^2
Watts: 35,478,974,765,777,901,187,500 (3.5e+22) Watts
Joules: 2.99087757e+22 Joules, or just barely Country Level

Huh. Okay, guess we can go with that for Tier 5 BAD people. Or at least with a "likely" rating.

Does the True Sun God or the Vengeful Temple get a higher result btw?

We don't know what their values are currently because there's nothing they can calc or be scaled to. The projectiles are the same size and there's no other references from other games or the like to scale the True Sun God's size too, plus the Bloons that are more powerful than the BAD don't appear in this game, so.

True. The current tier of "At least 6-B, likely higher" works out well for the moment anyways.

Looks alright to me, though the scaling is ultimately going to be a bit funky due to the inherit weirdness of RBE.

Of course. It's an inefficient system, but due to the lack of HP for most Bloons, it's the best system we've got.

Okay, so at the time being, it seems the only thing that needs to be done left for this revision is getting the Bloons scaling settled (though that's ignoring the general revisions required for BSM and BATTD which I'll solve another time). Once that's concluded, then the towers' tiering can be adjusted appropriately.

As before, since it's an in-universe thing I'm okay with using it for AP/Dura scaling. As long as it doesn't break with calcs or logic.

Got it. It is a bit funky due to how the formula for RBE is calced, but since RBE does include a Bloon's HP within the calculation, it's consistent enough.

I'll get this added then.

hey so I haven't looked at this thread for a while, but I feel like I should add that size scaling in BDT is virtually impossible because sizes tend to be inconsistent. Depending on the map you're playing on, sometimes a dart monkey is the size of a person and sometimes they're the size of a building. If we include BTD5 maps (which we do because all main series bloons games are canon as well as monkey city, I believe) sometimes they're the size of countries. This also goes for bloons. For this reason, it's good to size scale based on the BMC sprites because they're the most consistent thing we'll get. This is also why ranges can be difficult to calc since they only appear ingame. The only consistent measure we'll get is the upgrade art

That's the main reason why I wanted to get a new tier for the MOAB-Class Bloons, because I was annoyed with the previous scaling via size, considering it was based off back-of-the-envelope calculations. But also because this looks a hell of a lot bigger than Building Level lol.

But as for tower calcs, the ones that don't rely solely on UI artwork pass through BMC at least once for size reference (because, as you said, that's the best sense of scaling we have so far)

The changes described in the OP have all been completed. I still need to figure out how to fix the scaling for BSM and BATTD, but that'll be done another time. Is there anything else that needs to be discussed?

BSM and BATTD are both spin-off's so that should be a separate post anyway. Btw, there should be some MOAB size scaling in BMC, right? I don't recall ever seeing that calc'ed

Also, did we ever settle on whether lea'ds tier is based on RBE or not? I still think it should be

Well it's not like the size of the insides being larger than the bloon is anything new. Just look at black and white bloons (the 2 smallest bloons) producing 2 pink bloons (one of the largest non-MOAB bloons)

Lead's durability is based on the current weakest calc that can pop it (which is why it's wall level and not street level). I did this because of the fact that it's made from a different material than the rubber Bloons and I thought it would make more sense.

It was never something that got brought up, but if you want to talk about downgrading it and the Bloons that are scaled from it, then yeah, we can start discussing that revision.

you may have a point about it being a different material now that you mention it. The real reason I ask is because lead's inability be popped doesn't seem to have anything to do with durability but rather just a resistance to things like sharp objects as well as weak magic and ice manipulation. A 0-2-5 permaspike farming a spike pile for 100 rounds couldn't pop a single lead bloon even though it should have the collective AP to pop several BADs

Yeah, it's hard to tell what the Bloons are capable of tanking considering their only durability feats are their likely High 6-C resistances.
I originally scaled Lead like this because it just felt weird to continue scaling from the Dart Monkey like the rubber Bloons. So considering the towers that can pop it all seem to be Wall level at least for their calcs, it seems like a simple enough solution.

alch is a pretty clear outlier there if you consider the base attack to be separate from the DoT acid

you may have a point about it being a different material now that you mention it. The real reason I ask is because lead's inability be popped doesn't seem to have anything to do with durability but rather just a resistance to things like sharp objects as well as weak magic and ice manipulation. A 0-2-5 permaspike farming a spike pile for 100 rounds couldn't pop a single lead bloon even though it should have the collective AP to pop several BADs
Leads should probably get resistance to piercing damage since they can't be affected by sharp objects. Their resistance has nothing to do with their AP too. This also scales to DDTs since they have Lead properties and can't br popped by sharp objects too

This is what's currently written for a general for resistances
  • Purple Bloons have a resistance to magic and energy-based attacks, which allows them to withstand attacks from the Sun Avatar (Large Island level), although it is possible they can survive much higher and we just don't know due to Sun Temple and above having Resistance Negation. Other Bloon types should likely possess a similar level of durability in regards to their resistances.
What would you recommend I write?

Similar thing to this, but elaborate that Lead Bloons can go through sharp objects regardless of their RBE (similarly to the example you used with the 0-2-5 spike factory)

Well, yeah, but that need to be elaborated it can't be bypassed with just AP, since it isn't a resistance to a durability negating hax or something
actually it can be bypassed with sheer AP. Most tier 5s that are just purely lots of sharp objects can pop leads with a few exceptions. (take a look at crossbow master, super maelstrom, elite sniper, elite defender, carrier flagship, sky shredder, dark champion+legend of the night)

it kind of gets a bit arbitrary which towers can pop leads at that point. Like super maelstrom can, but avatar of wrath can't

actually it can be bypassed with sheer AP. Most tier 5s that are just purely lots of sharp objects can pop leads with a few exceptions. (take a look at crossbow master, super maelstrom, elite sniper, elite defender, carrier flagship, sky shredder, dark champion+legend of the night)
Super Monkey's the only tower that reaches Tier 5. Every other tower remains tier 8

Back