• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Distance Calculation Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
That has the problem that it assumes Ichigo couldn't have changed his speed during a 9 hour travel. That we don't assume such things is one of the reasons calc stacking exists.
Personally I'm still most on board with using terminal velocity for the entire distance.

Do you mean 55.5556 m/s over the timeframe of 1 week, for a distance of 33600.0269 kilometers?

Free falling, diving, are u serious?
Personally I'm leaning towards the Supersonic method more - but I'm willing to go along with DT's suggestion.

Also, at this point there has been comments from several non-Calc Group Members but to get us back on track I'm going to have to ask that all regular members stop commenting unless they have something meaningful to add.

Comments like "Yeah, na" or "Are u serious?" do not add to the discussion.

I don’t see how anyone can reasonably argue Ichigo was moving at 55 m/s. It literally makes no sense at all context wise...

I don't think DT said that the freefall figure would be used for Ichigo's timeframe. Unless I'm mistaken.

There is no logical way the methods you nor dt suggested makes sense at all context wise. It completely goes against these pages as to how fast we was moving towards the end.

A confirmed lightning timer couldn’t react to his speed at all upon his descent.

He literally states he was moving too fast for him to control his landing and appeared behind them in the same instance he crashed and they don’t even realize it.

How is Mach 1 or Terminal velocity the logical conclusion here. These two scans are the most important to give an idea of how fast he was moving.

A confirmed lightning timer couldn’t react to his speed at all upon his descent.

He literally states he was moving too fast for him to control his landing and appeared behind them in the same instance he crashed and they don’t even realize it.

I don't know how you can't understand that this is irrelevant. We've been over the issues on calc stacking for this many times.

Scaling him by these feats is one thing, trying to use them in a calc is another.

EDIT: As I said, non-Calc Group Members should stop responding and bringing up old rejected topics.

I don't know how you can't understand that this is irrelevant. We've been over the issues on calc stacking for this many times.

Scaling him by these feats is one thing, trying to use them in a calc is another.

EDIT: As I said, non-Calc Group Members should stop responding and bringing up old rejected topics.
Not a single post in this thread explains how USklaveei calc is calc stacking. Literally not a single person addressed it.

@Arc7Kuroi; DontTalkDT came into the thread with some objections.

@Sigurd_Snake_in_The_Eye; we have guidelines on the Calc Stacking page for when distances derived from calculations can be used in other calculations. USklaverei's wouldn't apply, as per this:

Using a reliable stated timeframe and reliably stated speed something travels during that timeframe one can calculate the distance travelled. Said distance can then usually be used for calculations. (Take heed that paths don't need to be straight and that speed reliably has to be constant)

I gave two pieces of evidence for why he does. Can you give me any reasoning besides “I don’t think he ignores it”?
Well, the statement from the manga isn't that it ignores the air resistance. It's just that it protects the user from it via being extremely durable.

I guess Candice > Royal Robes > Ichigo > Candice since she obliterates the robes that Ichigo needs to protect him from the friction. It’s clearly not protecting him because he would suffer damage from the friction.

Well, the statement from the manga isn't that it ignores the air resistance. It's just that it protects the user from it via being extremely durable.
The statement from the manga is that it protects Ichigo from the friction of the barriers. So I reckoned that the friction from the barriers > friction from air. You agreed with it too lol which is why my calc got accepted...

Last edited:
It protects from friction, doesn't make friction cease existing. If it did it would never flutter in the wind or anything like that.
Heck, if it completely negated Ichigo's entire friction he would not be able to, like, stop moving. Ever. He would just slide along infinitely slippy surfaces the whole time.
The evidence for the idea of complete negation of air resistance just doesn't exist.

The evidence for the idea of complete negation of air resistance just doesn't exist.
So my argument wasn't just predicated on the robes protecting from friction. I also said that Ichigo would be accelerating himself with his reiatsu along with gravity. So I said friction protecting robes + force of Ichigo's reiatsu can cancel out air resistance.

No. It has the exact same problems as all the prior version, just that instead of using "speed" as constant value or "acceleration" as constant value, you are now using "force" as constant value.

@DemonGodMitchAubin; What do you think about DontTalkDT's suggestion about using terminal velocity over the 1 week timeframe?

If Arc7's method is too flawed to use, then this might be the next best thing we have to work with.

Don'tTalkDT's suggestion is fine, once again tho, this calc has extremely varying results no matter how you look at it and pretty much no answer is correct really since we scale this Ichigo to Massively FTL, so using any speed besides that is kinda hiding an outlier and calc stacking

But eh, I'm not that strong stanced on it

Okay, thank you. I'll whip up a calc blog based on DT's suggestion.

No. It has the exact same problems as all the prior version, just that instead of using "speed" as constant value or "acceleration" as constant value, you are now using "force" as constant value.
No I'm not treating force as a constant value. It's varying with acceleration. Which varies with distance. In fact in both of my methods I account for a varying force (and therefore a varying acceleration) as distance changes. So I'm confused what calc you're referring to. Speed was never constant in my calc, acceleration was never constant in my calc, and then if acceleration isn't constant force can't be constant lol.

Here's my methods: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Arc7Kuroi/Reiokyu_Distance_Calcs_Revised

I'm low key convinced you didn't read my calc, I make it crystal clear that my acceleration found (and by extension force) is dependent on x, and the only way I can think that you'd say otherwise is if you didn't read it. Quite literally none of my own Reiokyu distance calculations ever assumed anything to be constant. What's arguably worse is that I know Damage has seen my calc because he has commented on it, and yet he didn't correct DT's incorrect assessment that I kept force constant.

Last edited:
@DontTalkDT; can you take another look at Arc7's calculation and comment out the specific issues?

EDIT: I've also created the blog post for freefall method here, which has been evaluated.

The speed calcs would still be Sub-Relativistic+, just a little lower.

Last edited:
@Hasch; I deleted your previous post because at this point the topic should be left up to the Calc Group Members, and Arc7 because his method is one that we're discussing.

@Hasch; Feel free to make your own calc for it.

Leave this thread for the Calc Group Members.

Alxhemist is correct. I said you could make your own calc, not that you could create a copy of this thread. Now please, let us calc group members resolve this topic, and then the CRT for it will be reopened.

I do want to add that I treated the density of air as constant throughout the whole journey (opposed to using dPressure/dr = -rho*g) because Ichigo is able to breath normally throughout the whole trip so I figured it safe to say he's flying through breathable atmosphere the whole time. Since, I could see someone at face value having a problem with a constant air density.

EDIT: I've also created the blog post for freefall method here, which has been evaluated.

The speed calcs would still be Sub-Relativistic+, just a little lower.
Well I doubt @DontTalkDT is going to ever respond to my calc (much less even read it) after he incorrectly asserted I kept force constant.

Regarding your freefall calc what's the rationale behind not using the 480km/h associated with streamlining oneself, as Ichigo was streamlined. Considering Ichigo wouldn't just be freefalling I think using the streamlined velocity would be more accurate for your calc.

Ichigo hasn't done anything to minimize body drag and streamline himself further.

Both Mitch and DT have accepted the current high end of the calc.

So I think that it is safe to use 48720 KM as the minimum distance for the Soul King palace to Seireitei distance. It's not really that far off from the figures you achieved with your version of the calc.

Once the speed calcs use this figure, the CRT for applying them can be re-opened.

Ichigo hasn't done anything to minimize body drag and streamline himself further.

Both Mitch and DT have accepted the current high end of the calc.

So I think that it is safe to use 48720 KM as the minimum distance for the Soul King palace to Seireitei distance. It's not really that far off from the figures you achieved with your version of the calc.

Once the speed calcs use this figure, the CRT for applying them can be re-opened.
Yeah I'm fine with using free fall for the sake of getting these over with quicker.

Albeit Ichigo wouldn't be just letting himself fall, he'd be trying to accelerate himself further which is why I think we should use the 480 km/h streamlined value. As it's more than fair to say Ichigo would be going faster than the maximum free fall speed in this case.

After this gets settled I can update the sandbox with those affected by those calcs.

I believe that the 290 km/h figure would still be a suitable mid end figure between the values given for freefall speed and that we should stick with that. And just like we're sticking with the mid end value for the timeframes involved, I think it would also be fine to stick with the mid end for the speed.

Thank you for offering to update the sandbox - although who exactly is affected by the calcs if something we'll have to discuss on the CRT.

I believe that the 290 km/h figure would still be a suitable mid end figure between the values given for freefall speed and that we should stick with that. And just like we're sticking with the mid end value for the timeframes involved, I think it would also be fine to stick with the mid end for the speed.

Thank you for offering to update the sandbox - although who exactly is affected by the calcs if something we'll have to discuss on the CRT.
Agreed, I've got no further qualms then.

Okay. Let me know when the speed calcs & sandbox are ready and I'll open the CRT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back