• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Calc Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure which thread to post this on, but since this is a calc, I will post it here.

Basically, we have two ends here (again...) https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Sekkonds./Yhwach_-_vanderwaich_feat#comm-2836907

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Dat_Dot/Yhwach_lifted_stuff

The former calc takes into account density, the new one uses a method that I assume Gwynbleid used before he left the wiki. The only real difference is the values. If the Mid End of the first calc is accepted, we will need to revise the Bleach Verse heavily. (Again...)

Which version should we use?

Edit: Raven's also uses standard density, so his is up for debate. His version is right here. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:RavenSupreme/Calculating_Yhwachs_lifting_Wandenreich

You should ask some calc group members to comment here, but Bleach is really taking up far too much of the staff's time in proportion to how small part it is of this wiki.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
The 2nd blog uses the wrong density that's accepted here, that's all that was changed.
That is...what I said. There is higher calcs with the same density as the first blog, going up to 5-A on our scale. I am neutral, but I would like the calc group to evaluate.

Ill modify the OP eventually, but yes. Three calcs. Not including Glywnbleids a long time ago, which makes four. Which also uses the density of 2700 kg. ....yup,this is gonna take a while.

I am actually for Glynbleids (I cant ever spell his name.) It reinforces their current rating, using the appropriate density and is probably the most detailed. But Raven's is fine too.

Don't know who that person is, I'm guessing you're not aware the distance was changed making her/his calc irrelevant. Ravens calc was accepted, but some people kept complaining and he offered to change it but disappeared.

Don't know who that person is, I'm guessing you're not aware the distance was changed making her/his calc irrelevant. Ravens calc was accepted, but some people kept complaining and he offered to change it but disappeared.
Yes, I was. I am aware bleach has had their distance modified so many times that it makes me wanna cry. Also, Ravens uses the avg density, that is my bad. Ill add that in the op.

At this point we need to stop wasting our time with recalculations every weekend. Both Bleach and Naruto suffer from this and it's very clear why. Stick with the calculations that were done by trusting Calc Group members, and long since approved and utilized in profiles, and ignore the new calculations proposed by random people.

Seriously, it's the best thing to do. This just wastes everyone's time.

I agree with Matthew, this has grown tiresome.

We constantly revise this verse over and over. I have frankly grown tired, same for Naruto revisions. That is all. Anyway, I think Ravens Low or Mid End is fine to me.

Agreed rather than wasting time on a calc that will only scale to one character after the novel ends why don't we focus on fixing the current scaling and tiering as well as finishing the unfinished CRTs.

The reason this was changed was because of wrong density which raven pointed out and several other members, we made a thread about it which you were a part of actually and you complained even though the calc was to fix an error before Raven disappeared.

Peter1129 said:
Agreed rather than wasting time on a calc that will only scale to one character after the novel ends why don't we focus on fixing the current scaling and tiering.
Personally, I will need to read more of the Novel. Neither against or opposed. But I heard we have more feats in there. However this is the discussion for the calc. Not the novel. If you want, you can add me on discord and tell me what you got. (At least it isnt a calc and I have pretty good patience.)

I don't really use discord. I'm just mentioning this because because this calc really isn't that important compared to some of the other stuff we have to focus on. For example we really need to fix the scalings from the previous arcs of Bleach. Cause looking back at it there are a quite a few profiles that are in need of a revision. Some are due to incorrect AP justification or incorrect tiering or in some cases both.

So yeah let's just decide which calc we are going to accept and move on.

Alright, Ill indulge this once and only once. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2313366 If you mean this thread right here, I read it and Matt made one comment that actually is support of Raven. His stance then was that the calcs for bleach are flawed because it was done by fans interested in revising the verse. Which is correct, It hasnt really changed. Yes, he goes into issues with the calcs then, but now he is picking this one. The thread is dead and Raven is gone. Probably because of incredulity from people from the wiki. This is why nothing stays the same for bleach every six weeks. Even controversial verses like Naruto has had less calculations then Bleach has had. I am not defending Matt, to be fair he probably should have had more vocal trust of the calc group then rather then now. And considering Matt and I probably disagree on Bleach as a whole on the wiki, It is fair to say on this one topic, I am not the biggest fan of debating with him. (I still think the verse is 5-B) Now before I lose my metaphorical shit for this derail, tell me which version do you prefer so we can get on moving the right direction and not bring up shit from the past.

This is getting real old pointing fingers and saying "w3ll wE trIed tO bUt U wEre lIKe noooo." If it sounds like I am angry, it is because I am. I am ******* tired of this. I have had easier times revising Metal Gear Solid, a verse no one frequents on this wiki then this stupid verse. Stop it. Now. It is getting real old with your finger pointing.

@Peter Glass did a pretty okay job of cleaning bleach with soldier blue, it might be worth talking to those two about it or make a CRT. Regardless, after this thread and maybe your thread, there needs to be a discussion rule regarding bleach. We have four versions of the same calc on this wiki. Four. Let that sink in. Your verse might be lucky to get two calcs, calc group members have a life and dont grow on trees. I could just as easily make a Wanderweich calc myself, it isnt hard. But what it is annoying. So yeah, this thread and maybe the next one should ideally be the last bleach threads on this wiki regarding scaling and calculations. Period.

I am done with this thread, I shouldnt have commented because it only made me more mad. I notified some of calc group so they can look at this. I will only keep score on the who is for what. Thats it. Beyond that, I am no longer commenting.

@Sins

From what I recall Glass and Soldier Blue only fixed the ability descriptions and stuff. The tiering and justification on the first half of Bleach have not been touched on in quite a long time.

Peter1129 said:
@Sins

From what I recall Glass and Soldier Blue only fixed the ability descriptions and stuff. The tiering and justification on the first half of Bleach have not been touched on in quite a long time.
They should have done so in a thread, but considering how often we revise this verse, I am exhausted. I am sorry man, if you can gather some stuff for a CRT, Ill try to be more relaxed and give a hopefully unbiased take. As for now, this is for the calc. No more derailing please.

Sekusu said:
Raven's calc is too old..but it's pretty much correct

Why haven't we used it all this time?
I mean, it is more recent then DatDots. But it was cuz of some thread.

Personally I agree with Seku method since it's much more simpler and straight forward and just an error fix in density. Raven has a good calc too but it's pretty complex and involves several steps and assumptions.

I agree with SinsofMan.

For the record, I think that we will probably upgrade Yhwach to 5-B once the novels have been further translated.

The most recent novel clarifies more of how the process of separating the worlds happened and reading the scene myself I have very big doubts about that upgrade.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The most recent novel clarifies more of how the process of separating the worlds happened and reading the scene myself I have very big doubts about that upgrade.
Matt, the recent novel translation is still in the Shühei Bankai releasing his bankai arc, so I don't know what you mean by "recent novel". Unless you mean the most recent volume?

I think the calc should be redone and should take into account hollowness and empty spaces. But I'm sure that would take a bunch of time to do. Anyway, I think this thread should be closed.

Okay. I will close this. Let's hope for 5-B upgrades once the novel has been finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back