• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
How exactly does this work? Is it them changing their data so they can better fit their situation (more strength, more speed, status effect stuff, etc.)?
I mean

Overwrite: All Digimon can rewrite their own data, so that they are able to react to various situations that were once problematic for it. This usually causes a gigantic increase in power and sometimes new skills and resistances are gained. However, the more emotional the Digimon is, the more violent the overwrite becomes.

It's pretty much connected to their emotional state.

Overwrite: All Digimon can rewrite their own data, so that they are able to react to various situations that were once problematic for it. This usually causes a gigantic increase in power and sometimes new skills and resistances are gained. However, the more emotional the Digimon is, the more violent the overwrite becomes.
I guess it's something they can just do on the fly?

The way I understand this is that, when they're in a more mellow state of emotion (calmness and focus), the overwrite won't spiral out of control. But, if they are in a more extreme state of emotion (anger and panic), then it becomes harder to control? Bear in mind, I don't know anything about Digimon, so I just wanna understand what this means.

I guess it's something they can just do on the fly?

The way I understand this is that, when they're in a more mellow state of emotion (calmness and focus), the overwrite won't spiral out of control. But, if they are in a more extreme state of emotion (anger and panic), then it becomes harder to control? Bear in mind, I don't know anything about Digimon, so I just wanna understand what this means.
Overwrite boost isn't directly controlled by them.
To put it simply, Digimon rewrites their data whenever they shows any kind of emotions. When in a pinch, in high emotional state (Joy, Sorrow, Pleasure, Anger etc) this rewriting of data can give them power boost/new skill/resistence etc to overcome the problem they are facing. Like a Digimon can get more strength boost in high anger.

However in extreme emotional state, if Overwrite done over and over it can cut a Digimon's lifespan short. Like how if you rewrite a DVD over and over it won't last long.

i see

Not exactly sure how much that could help in this scenario, but I'm sure it's possible that it'd amp Sistermon to one-shot range. Though, that seems case dependent.

Also, forgot to bring this up, but does Sistermon have any way to bypass Blanc's Type 8? I'm not seeing any Immortality Negation on its profile, nor in Digimon Phys. so I'm assuming no.

i see

Not exactly sure how much that could help in this scenario, but I'm sure it's possible that it'd amp Sistermon to one-shot range. Though, that seems case dependent.

Also, forgot to bring this up, but does Sistermon have any way to bypass Blanc's Type 8? I'm not seeing any Immortality Negation on its profile, nor in Digimon Phys. so I'm assuming no.
digimon can neg regen since it's an aspect of light alongside resurrection it's in the lightside section in digimon phys though in this case it would depend on how type 8 works and on it's regen(if there is any)

though in this case it would depend on how type 8 works and on it's regen(if there is any)
Well, Blanc doesn't have any regen, so that's off the table. Type 8 is essentially "If Blanc has Share Energy, she can't die". There's also "possibly Type 4", but that's just supplementary to Type 8 anyways.

Not seeing anything that says Sistermon can neg Type 8 or resurrection, though, so [shrug]

but how exactly since it would need a mechanic most of the time it's either regen or resurrection
blame this ****** series man

Presumably Resurrection, given Share Energy has shown to resurrect a CPU before, but the auto-resurrection has never actually been confirmed as the resurrection worked on a CPU who had lost their Share Energy entirely, hence why it's only "possibly" Type 4 and not full-on Type 4.

blame this ****** series man

Presumably Resurrection, given Share Energy has shown to resurrect a CPU before, but the auto-resurrection has never actually been confirmed as the resurrection worked on a CPU who had lost their Share Energy entirely, hence why it's only "possibly" Type 4 and not full-on Type 4.
so all we gotta do is assume it's type 4 otherwise it's unknown lol

Back