• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blame Ion (Vecna vs Nameless)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just list John's major stuff for context.

>His type 2 NEP is above baseline, since it's a far higher-end technique than some that also do this.

>High-Godly regen, which is instant and above what Vecna can deal with.

>His basic attacks negate Vecna's regen and killing him just completely wipes him and everything he embodies from existence.

>Resistance to damn near everything, with each one being nearly a dozen layers over conceptual hax that functions on a 2-C level.

Which type is that, because I was under the impression that

• Types 1 and 3 are agiven
  • Type 7 is because he's a Lich
  • and Type 8 is because he's a god
The only one that's not really accounted for is 2, and that really won't help tbh.

He can resist spells that fuse things into light/darkness and I think that was meant to be body puppetry

Something something Vecna decides to say Nameless should be digested by Uvuudaum's 1-A key.

1. Broughtup before, but fair enough.

2. Here's where that specific 1-A spell comes from, though it's far from the only one we have outside of 4e now. Second to last image, "Welcome to the Amoebic Sea" is the specific one was referring to.

You briefly summon a polyp of the amoebic sea into the world. Creatures within that 20-ft radius area where the amoebic sea flashes into existence are subject to a medium that is instantly destructive to their minds and flesh... any creature that is reduced to 0 health is completely digested, leaving behind only red-tinged bubbles.
~ Dragon #330​
TL;DR summon a bit of the Far Realm to digest an enemy. There's other fun stuff in the gallery if that ain't enough for your liking.

Coincidentally...

> His Type 2 NEP is above baseline

Doesn't really matter when D&D folks hit Shar, she's a 2-A Type 2 NEP concept.

> High-Godly Regen

Incap.

> His basic attacks

If he's using basic attacks then he's dead before he can move, see: I-will-it-and-it-happens-hax

> Resistance to 2-C Concept hax

Good thing all concepts in D&D are on a very large 2-A scale then, eh?

O h

I know it doesn't really matter.

Like at all.

But I feel the to correct what you just said lol.

Anyways: > Tier has nothing to do with how good your NEP is.

> I mean, yeah John does resist 2-C concept hax, but I was saying that basically all of his resistances are from abilities that function on a conceptual, 2-C scale.

> I mean, yeah John does resist 2-C concept hax, but I was saying that basically all of his resistances are from abilities that function on a conceptual, 2-C scale.

this implies Vecna isn't a 2-A concept so by default all of his powers work on that scale

Basically all of Vecna's resistances/abilities are from abilities that function on a conceptual, 2-C scale.

Gonna close this, since Vecna thinks, but ye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back