• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blake Belladonna Vs Enid Mettle (Redux) (0-4-0)

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
dejtacu-9eb5a6ee-a82b-4b9f-940a-a4554194bf8f.png
de88gsi-bb3ae6be-5768-4d3f-a37d-ec69253cf2ed.png

So these two girls had a fight way back when but that was before both got massive revisions.
Let's see how they stack up against each other now.

Both are Low 7-B.

Stats:

Enid
AP and Dura: (1.1 Megatons)
Speed: (1.83c) with higher reaction speed
LS: (1011623255647925kg)

Blake
AP and Dura: (1 Megaton)
Speed: (4.12c)
LS: (Downscales heavily from 45053554257.52 kg)

Bisexual Ninja but Furry:
Bisexual Ninja but Witch: MaidRips, Maverick_Zero_X, Kachon123, FireSwordHero (4)
Incon:

Last edited:
Anyways, hot take, but I do believe Enid is actually as skilled as Blakey here. Her intelligence section gives a good idea of just how skilled she is, with some of her best skill feats being able to defeat a monster that has destroyed countless civilizations and empires, the Hue Troop, who are tasked in fighting in a nonstop war against giant robots that laid waste to humanity in the future, and being comparable to S2 K.O. in skill, who beat Boxman Jr., a robot capable of taking down both Carol and Mr. Gar swiftly. (Carol's skill is so high that she's learned countless fighting techniques and can learn any technique or power just by looking at it once)

I think I'll go ahead and get things going for Enid. While Blake has a way better shadow clone system than Enid, is faster, and has better senses overall, Enid can easily make up for this with her enhanced reaction and combat speed, which could keep the likes of T.K.O. on their toes for a long time, who could take off-guard people who perceive attacks in slow-motion via scaling to Boxman Jr. She also possesses better mobility, using her shadows and teleportation, which she can use to spam Power Foot Fireball from a distance, become intangible in her shadow, or catch Blake off-guard from behind considering how quick and easily she can teleport. She also has a pretty high gravity resistance via growing immune to a black hole's effects. That's also not to mention her higher LS, which she could potentially use against Blake via an arm lock or her Shadow Jutsu constructs. I'm voting for Enid here.

Isn't Blake faster?

Enid

Blake

Isn't Blake faster?

Enid

Blake
Yes, but Enid’s reaction and combat speed are significantly higher than her base speed, being comparable to four people who can see a FTL’s opponent’s attacks in slow motion.

Blake's combat and reaction speed is higher than wind's even with the enhancement so I'm not sure how Enid would have an advantage there

While not outright teleportation, Blake does have got mobility options as well seeing as she is able to use her clones to launch herself several hundred feet as well as using her gun as a grappling hook and slingshotting herself with it (see the fight with the sea feilong for reference)

Gravity Resistance wouldnt really help here, blake doesnt use it to do anything gravity related, she just uses it to amp the power of her attacks.

Trying to restrain Blake wouldnt work, she can just escape with her semblance as she has done several times in the show, and Enid trying to restrain her physically would just get Enid blown up and set on fire, electrocuted and paralyzed, encased in ice, or partially trapped in a stone statue which then explodes and stuns her.

The only solid advantage Enid has is the range with her fireballs, but at that distance coupled with Blake's higher speed and skill in dodging and sniping incoming attacks out of the air she shouldnt have much difficulty at all working around it and closing the gap while also returning fire with her own gun and blade beams.

Blake's combat and reaction speed is higher than wind's even with the enhancement so I'm not sure how Enid would have an advantage there

While not outright teleportation, Blake does have got mobility options as well seeing as she is able to use her clones to launch herself several hundred feet as well as using her gun as a grappling hook and slingshotting herself with it (see the fight with the sea feilong for reference)

Gravity Resistance wouldnt really help here, blake doesnt use it to do anything gravity related, she just uses it to amp the power of her attacks.

Trying to restrain Blake wouldnt work, she can just escape with her semblance as she has done several times in the show, and Enid trying to restrain her physically would just get Enid blown up and set on fire, electrocuted and paralyzed, encased in ice, or partially trapped in a stone statue which then explodes and stuns her.

The only solid advantage Enid has is the range with her fireballs, but at that distance coupled with Blake's higher speed and skill in dodging and sniping incoming attacks out of the air she shouldnt have much difficulty at all working around it and closing the gap while also returning fire with her own gun and blade beams.
I wouldn’t downplay Enid’s skill level here since she is also capable of dodging attacks in midair mind you WHILE holding her breath and making it look effortless. This is also from an enemy whose kind toppled countless civilizations. Enid’s teleportation is also thought-based and she doesn’t even have to move as we have seen her literally tied up and restrained and still able to activate it. She achieved this as a child, by the way. Enid has also shown mastery in reflecting fire from missiles and such with just her feet. Not to mention, she can create a shield that can deflect beam attacks. Enid also doesn’t need to get in close to restrain Blake as she has her shadow constructs and traps to hold her still.

Enid also has control over her own temperature and the temperature around her, which can put out flames, and freezing temperatures, while also being unaffected by these changes. She’s also just unaffected by fire at all period. As for the stone statue, she could just teleport out no problem. The only thing I see that could be a problem would be the electrocution but Enid is a skilled enough combatant to realize avoiding this. Even then, if she is paralyzed, she can still control her shadow construct mentally to fight for her.

Not to mention, if Blake pisses her off too much, she gains access to an instant wincon where she absorbs the souls of everyone around her until she calms down. She does not start with this and only goes into this mode during moments of stress but it’s not impossible that she will use it.

If we're bringing skill into this I can bring in the skill chain RWBY has, but if you know it or at least know of it, Blake is solidly more skilled than Enid. Blake is also pretty absurd with her acrobatics, funnily enough also in the Feilong fight, she dodged lightning multiple times while in a freefall, and she has previously done stuff like cut swarms of missiles out of the air with her blade beams and casually swatted automatic gunfire out of the air with her weapon in CQC. Blake's clones work the same way as Enid's teleportation, and even if Enid uses shadow constructs or traps to try to hold her Blake can still get out of them all the same with her semblance.

How does she use that temperature manipulation and how fast does it work? Blake would instantly follow up with a kill blow if she manages to catch Enid in any of her elemental effects like she did to Torchwick, so if its not an instant thing Enid would still be left open for a split second, more than enough time for Blake to end the fight right there. The Earth Dust Statue is less about holding her and more that it would explode and stun her. As for the electrocution, theres not really anything for her to avoid, Blake's clones instantly apply whatever elemental effect she imbues them with, if Enid is trying to physically grapple her and Blake swaps with a lightning clone, Enid would instantly be electrocuted and paralyzed.

Also I kind have a crt going on that will lead into a upgrade for Aura gaining a varies rating

If we're bringing skill into this I can bring in the skill chain RWBY has, but if you know it or at least know of it, Blake is solidly more skilled than Enid. Blake is also pretty absurd with her acrobatics, funnily enough also in the Feilong fight, she dodged lightning multiple times while in a freefall, and she has previously done stuff like cut swarms of missiles out of the air with her blade beams and casually swatted automatic gunfire out of the air with her weapon in CQC. Blake's clones work the same way as Enid's teleportation, and even if Enid uses shadow constructs or traps to try to hold her Blake can still get out of them all the same with her semblance.
Enid at this stage is more skilled than you would think. Keep in mind, during the Chip Damage fight, she was fighting and doing acrobatics during a massive freefall from a tower. Not to mention that she can teleport in midair and instantly rebound after a hit utilizing this.
How does she use that temperature manipulation and how fast does it work?
Passively. She does it just by being cool. I would appreciate if you looked at her profile.
Blake would instantly follow up with a kill blow if she manages to catch Enid in any of her elemental effects like she did to Torchwick, so if its not an instant thing Enid would still be left open for a split second, more than enough time for Blake to end the fight right there.
The funny thing is that Enid is almost never really left open. She teleports constantly whenever she feels as if she's backed into a corner and can spreadshot her fire attacks, and she has used this rapid fire before. I feel like you're not really giving Enid enough credit here or read thoroughly through her intelligence section. RWBY isn't the only one with a skill chain. And like I said, the only thing that would hinder her is electrocution. And even then if she does go in for a killing blow, she can also regen. She can be tired out, but like Blake, she can go on for a VERY long time a la her stamina section.
The Earth Dust Statue is less about holding her and more that it would explode and stun her. As for the electrocution, theres not really anything for her to avoid, Blake's clones instantly apply whatever elemental effect she imbues them with, if Enid is trying to physically grapple her and Blake swaps with a lightning clone, Enid would instantly be electrocuted and paralyzed.
Cool, but her thought-based teleportation could give her enough time to escape that. Enid figured out how an enemy's shield worked right down to it's function after one glance, and I don't believe Blake would start out with paralysis right away from what I've seen of her fighting style. Enid would realize -- oh, just like me. Shadow clones but with ninja traps got it. And she would know to keep her distance which she is very capable of doing with all her projectiles. Her shadow constructs are also very large and can cover a lot of ground as a tornado/monster/etc, and can one-shot opponents that are vastly stronger than her.

Enid could just soul steal with a gesture if she’s getting pressed.

But from that video it doesnt seems like it does anything...? Plus KO was able to partially fight back against it?

Enid at this stage is more skilled than you would think. Keep in mind, during the Chip Damage fight, she was fighting and doing acrobatics during a massive freefall from a tower. Not to mention that she can teleport in midair and instantly rebound after a hit utilizing this.

So all stuff Blake can do

Passively. She does it just by being cool. I would appreciate if you looked at her profile.

Sorry, was moreso asking if she is able to increase the temperature around her in the same way, her profile only shows her lowering it, not increasing it.

The funny thing is that Enid is almost never really left open. She teleports constantly whenever she feels as if she's backed into a corner and can spreadshot her fire attacks, and she has used this rapid fire before. I feel like you're not really giving Enid enough credit here or read thoroughly through her intelligence section. RWBY isn't the only one with a skill chain. And like I said, the only thing that would hinder her is electrocution. And even then if she does go in for a killing blow, she can also regen. She can be tired out, but like Blake, she can go on for a VERY long time a la her stamina section.

Its not that I havent read her page, its that Blake does the exact same thing that youre describing. Also of note, Blake kinda just always goes for killing blows, its sorta what she and all RWBY characters are trained to do even against human opponents, only issue is that in RWBY every human opponent she fights has Aura so she can use killing blows constantly against them without actually killing them, but Enid doesnt have Aura and Blake doesnt know that. Blake will be going for the kill from the start assuming Enid will block it.

I don't believe Blake would start out with paralysis right away from what I've seen of her fighting style. And she would know to keep her distance which she is very capable of doing with all her projectiles. Her shadow constructs are also very large and can cover a lot of ground as a tornado/monster/etc, and can one-shot opponents that are vastly stronger than her.

Blake's Blade Beams also paralyze and she uses those pretty frequently, and its not like Blake doesnt have a bunch of other ranged options at her disposal as well, all of her Dust bullets carry the same properties as her Dust clones. Also its very handy that Blake has a passive protective barrier capable of withstanding that level of stat gap as well as experience fighting giant monsters

But from that video it doesnt seems like it does anything...? Plus KO was able to partially fight back against it?
Because he has NPI. Everyone else in the bodega was helpless to it.
So all stuff Blake can do
Yeah, but you’re acting as if Enid couldn’t keep up when she very much can.
Sorry, was moreso asking if she is able to increase the temperature around her in the same way, her profile only shows her lowering it, not increasing it.
The flaming temperatures in that scene were also caused by her as well.
Its not that I havent read her page, its that Blake does the exact same thing that youre describing. Also of note, Blake kinda just always goes for killing blows, its sorta what she and all RWBY characters are trained to do even against human opponents, only issue is that in RWBY every human opponent she fights has Aura so she can use killing blows constantly against them without actually killing them, but Enid doesnt have Aura and Blake doesnt know that. Blake will be going for the kill from the start assuming Enid will block it.
And Enid is more of an evasive fighter. Even without knowing she’ll go for a killing blow, she evade with teleport spam, accompanied likely by her shadow clones. Seeing Blake do the same but on a greater length, she should gain enough understanding to know what to do and go for a counter strategy.
Blake's Blade Beams also paralyze and she uses those pretty frequently, and its not like Blake doesnt have a bunch of other ranged options at her disposal as well, all of her Dust bullets carry the same properties as her Dust clones. Also its very handy that Blake has a passive protective barrier capable of withstanding that level of stat gap as well as experience fighting giant monsters
Although Enid’s fire has shown the capability to completely nullify any projectiles that come into contact with them, even magic. She can also create an entire ring of fire around her body to protect her. That is to also say that Enid’s accuracy is on point, able to throw flowers precisely where she wants to from midair, send projectiles ricocheting off of multiple surfaces and ending up exactly in a controlled manner, and being able to aim through a construct of pitch-black darkness. That’s also not to mention that her fireballs have a chance to cause spontaneous combustion.

Last edited:
Voting Enid. I was gonna try and create an arguement for Blake since I've done a lot of RWBY matchups, but then I look at Enid's profile and holy hell the hax game is real here. Its not like Blake is gonna go down easy, and she does take the edge in speed... but that is literally the only thing she has going for her. Blake no way to overcome stuff like Enid's insane toon force regen, nor does she have any resistances counters to some of Enid's other powers like her soul manipulation/absorbtion, which is easily her best way of one shotting Blake btw and something she can passively do. Blake's only advantage is speed and Aura, but all that does is delay the inevitable.

Enid wins 10/10 and nothing can change my mind here.

Back