• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
So why don't we scale Blade Wolf to Raiden when he's literally the only boss in the game with an Unbreakable Grapple Attack aside from ******* Armstrong himself? I've even got a clip for it here. Go to 1:15:03 and see for yourself. This would also upgrade Khamsin since he can fight Blade Wolf even though he gets overpowered by the end of the fight.

I don’t see this as any reason to upgrade him. People comparable to Raiden easily beat up or rag doll wolf multiple times (like you brought up Armstrong, which shots this upgrade in the foot because Armstrong instantly stomped wolf with a single hit when raiden survived a full barrage of his attacks for the entire cutscene prior).

Plus I’m pretty sure gameplay for bosses is generally treated as heavily none canon in games, like when a guy survives getting shot a dozen times in the head only for the mid fight cutscene saying they barely survived a single shot to the chest due to bullet proof armor. The cutscene has raiden shred wolf instantly while wolf never landed a single hit.

At worst he still is stated to be vastly weaker than raiden which is in and of itself enough reason to not scale.

I don’t see this as any reason to upgrade him. People comparable to Raiden easily beat up or rag doll wolf multiple times (like you brought up Armstrong, which shots this upgrade in the foot because Armstrong instantly stomped wolf with a single hit when raiden survived a full barrage of his attacks for the entire cutscene prior).
You do recall that Wolf was badly injured BEFORE Armstrong kicked him, right?

I just rewatched the scene. We literally have zero clue what happened to him. However that scene in and of itself is kinda proof wolf shouldn’t scale. Either Armstrong’s men stomped him, which Raiden stomps, the mech somehow stomped, which raiden stomps, or Armstrong himself stomped him, which raiden can survive with immensely more ease.

So either raiden stomps what stomped wolf or is mostly on par with what stomped wolf.

Or the alternative is since we have zero clue why he is hurt the damages shouldn’t be that bad (considering how he seems to not care about them in the Armstrong scene) then Armstrong defeated him in one hit.

I don't know why you're trying to argue that Wolf shouldn't scale to Initial new body Raiden when Raiden literally gets stronger get throughout the game, he doesn't stay the same Strength. We literally have the best On-Screen example of this in the form of Monsoon where Ripper Mode Raiden beats his ass and then Base Raiden has to fight an exact duplicate of him and Mistral back to back from each other just before he fights Sundowner. Wolf only scales to Raiden before Monsoon, not anytime after that.

So that's two Staff votes agreeing to this upgrade. If you guys want a third opinion to be absolutely sure about upgrading Blade Wolf, I'll go get a third Staff Member to comment on this but I feel like this can be applied now.

Base Raiden has to fight an exact duplicate of him and Mistral back to back from each other just before he fights Sundowner.
They seem to be notably worse than the originals though
Doktor (via codec): No -- a spare body, if I had to guess. Likely controlled by an AI.

Boris (via codec): And a spare Monsoon? Well, if it's AI-controlled it should pose no problem for you, yes?
Boris just outright notes than a AI controlled Monsoon would be easy for Raiden to handle.

Plus it was motioned multiple times in the Codec stuff that AIs are mediocre compared to human ingenuity
Doktor: Well, UGs take many more forms: Aerial drones, treaded tanks, armored transports… "True" Metal Gears, with a pilot and nuclear payload, were huge, and very expensive. They were not practical. It turned out the greater need was for smaller, cheaper units, deployed more easily and in greater numbers.

Raiden: But aren't there situations where you'd want Gear-level power, but also a human pilot there to make decisions? UG AI has gotten better, but it's still terrible at handling anything unexpected.
-

Raiden: Makes sense. The AI wasn't good enough until just recently, right?

Doktor: Correct. Target location and course correction were not a problem, of course. GPS solved all that. But target selection, or base defense -- these types of objectives require extremely complex AI routines. It was only with the advent of optical neuro-AI that such a thing became possible. Neuro-AI was developed using a completely new paradigm in computer architecture, you know. Not the Von Neumann model, which served as the standard up to that point. Neuro-AI was modeled after the human brain: it can grow and mature entirely on its own.

Raiden: Like the Patriots' AI, just on a smaller scale.

Doktor: Indeed. It cannot copy or rewrite data, but the structure does solve several problems quite well. The frame and symbol grounding problems, to be exact. It gives the AI flexibility within unknown states. But such a system still lags behind the average human in speedy decision making. Also, as they cannot converse, they cannot demand or accept surrender, or avoid such unnecessary conflict. And, as you know, such tactics are often the most effective strategy for victory. So yes, the fact that they do not require a human soldier as a pilot is an advantage, purely in terms of resources. But, in a hypothetical battle between two identical UGs, the Remote Gear tops the autonomous model, no question.
-

Doktor: (chuckles) No, I realize combat is about more than the equipment. Situational awareness, predictive ability, nerves... One must determine a course of attack or defense, and execute on a moment's notice. Reaction time is key. Cyborg enhancements do not change that.
So while the bodies may be comparable, their skill and speed would be much worse than the original versions.

They seem to be notably worse than the originals though

Boris just outright notes than a AI controlled Monsoon would be easy for Raiden to handle.

Plus it was motioned multiple times in the Codec stuff that AIs are mediocre compared to human ingenuity

So while the bodies may be comparable, their skill and speed would be much worse than the original versions.
Why would their Speed go down? In any case, what I was getting at was that his Power clearly increased he could still fight it and block hits from him at all since their bodies should be identical in strength.

Why would their Speed go down?
Because the AI takes longer to adjust to situations and lack human reflex and problem solving skills, as my quotes mentioned.

It's why Boris said that Raiden would be able to easily beat an AI controlled Monsoon. But their strength would indeed be Identical. It's just that other stuff wouldn't be.

Because the AI takes longer to adjust to situations and lack human reflex and problem solving skills, as my quotes mentioned.

It's why Boris said that Raiden would be able to easily beat an AI controlled Monsoon. But their strength would indeed be Identical. It's just that other stuff wouldn't be.
That's fine, I'm just saying his raw power clearly increased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back