• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhhhh, that's just light, life, and death manipulation. I see 0.000000% concept manip in that scan

why are people in this of not being able to "see" concept manipulation we are literally talking about concepts, concept manipulation feats don't exist, I guarantee you that in this entire wiki there is not a character with a concept manipulation "feat", regardless of context or details it is literally impossible that there is such a thing as a "feat" of concept manipulation. What exists is a statement about concepts and that's it.

literally every instance of concept manipulation on this wiki can be considered something else, this is not a counter-argument.

Which also is not by any means conceptual manipulation, it needs to be stated outright to be erasing the concepts of light, life, and death.
removing life, and death from a specific area isn't concept manip? and yeah we have on PANEL description of Lilith and naamnah destroying concepts

the only "concepts" mentioned before Lilith and naamnah escaped where life and death which they froze/destroyed

why are people in this of not being able to "see" concept manipulation we are literally talking about concepts, concept manipulation feats don't exist, I guarantee you that in this entire wiki there is not a character with a concept manipulation "feat", regardless of context or details it is literally impossible that there is such a thing as a "feat" of concept manipulation. What exists is a statement about concepts and that's it.

literally every instance of concept manipulation on this wiki can be considered something else, this is not a counter-argument.
it's funny because 2 of the characters mentioned in this thread already have limited concept manipulation for the same reasoning and scans that's being argued for lucifero

I shouldn't even need to get into how wrong your """""""""counterargument"""""""""" is, cause I can name characters off the top of my ****** head who make, manipulate, and destroy concepts at will

I hate when people say this. All cause others have it doesn't mean that it's right.

Concept Manipulation is, in definition
Conceptual Manipulation is the ability to manipulate, create, and/or destroy abstract concepts.
And they go in-depth with "manipulate"

Concept Alteration: The ability to manipulate, alter, or change concepts. By using this ability, concepts themselves can be changed in a variety of ways. The concept can have have an object added to it, an object taken from it, or change the current principle of the concept. If a concept is changed, the world is altered in some way to fit this new conceptual definition, though the extent of this varies by the type of concept being manipulated.
Nothing follows this at all.

Touching a concept doesn't give you conceptual manipulation, just like how touching a soul doesn't give you soul manipulation.

Confused why this was even reopened. It's not conceptual manip

I shouldn't even need to get into how wrong your """""""""counterargument"""""""""" is, cause I can name characters off the top of my ****** head who make, manipulate, and destroy concepts at will
please name and post the feats, concept manipulation is just a statement of such being assigned to a situation, there are no concept manipulation "feats" just the same being assigned to an existing situation.

please name and post the feats, concept manipulation is just a statement of such being assigned to a situation, there are no concept manipulation "feats" just the same being assigned to an existing situation.
I suggest you read this page

I hate when people say this. All cause others have it doesn't mean that it's right.

Touching a concept doesn't give you conceptual manipulation, just like how touching a soul doesn't give you soul manipulation.

nothing is being touched but conceptually burned and conceptually frozen.

Concept Destruction: The ability to destroy or remove a concept. By using the ability concepts are removed from reality. This can be wide-spread or very targeted, either erasing the concept of an overarching fundamental principle, such as space, or an individual. When destroyed at this level, nothing can be restored without using similarly powerful conceptual creation. Conventional regeneration or resurrection, no matter how powerful, would prove impossible as the very abstract concept of the character would not exist.

no

concept destruction grants you concept manip literally inside the own definition

yes, I give up on this thread. nothing changes
Concept Destruction: The ability to destroy or remove a concept. By using the ability concepts are removed from reality. This can be wide-spread or very targeted, either erasing the concept of an overarching fundamental principle, such as space, or an individual.

naamah and lilith have LIMITED concept manipulation because they were able to destroy a concept in a limited space. the concept in question being shadows

Bro is just sending the same stuff over and over again
I wouldn't need to send it so many times if the scan wasn't misinterpreted or straight up ignored so many times.

the definition of Conceptual Manipulation is the ability to manipulate, create, and/or destroy abstract concepts. This ability has a variety of applications, ranging from not combat applicable to incredibly dominating.

the definition of Concept Destruction: The ability to destroy or remove a concept. By using the ability concepts are removed from reality. This can be wide-spread or very targeted, either erasing the concept of an overarching fundamental principle, such as space, or an individual.

at the very least Morris and Lilith/naamah would qualify for Lesser Fundamental Concepts: Concepts that don't meet the same standards as Type 1 or Type 2, such as personal concepts that continue to govern the object in question, merely on a more specific scale, or concepts whose nature is not elaborated upon

Concept destruction like this is in fact Conceptual Manipulation (in this case, it'd be Type 3), I really don't see how this is just Non-Physical Interaction.

Also, Lucifero shouldn't get this. Morris doing this was only a result of his own magic being amplified by Lucifero's power, not necessarily because Lucifero himself can do this. This would just fall under Power Bestowal, which Lucifero already has.

Concept destruction like this is in fact Conceptual Manipulation (in this case, it'd be Type 3), I really don't see how this is just Non-Physical Interaction.

Also, Lucifero shouldn't get this. Morris doing this was only a result of his own magic being amplified by Lucifero's power, not necessarily because Lucifero himself can do this. This would just fall under Power Bestowal, which Lucifero already has.
so just to be clear you do agree that this is concept manip but it only applies to Morris/Lilith/naamnah but not lucifero correct?

What I'll say here is I think the thing with Lilith and Namah is pretty clear-cut Conceptual Destruction and NPI. Nacht distinguishes between them destroying light and shadows (which aren't concepts) and just concepts. So I think the pair of them deserve those two awarded to them. With Morris it's conceptual Modification. The story is pretty direct with these statements so it looks fine to me.
BC characters don't affect “Concepts” in the traditional way. They affect concepts that were brought by certain types of magic, like Vanessa's Fate Magic or Nacht's Seal.
And from my understanding of BC they wouldn't be able to affect conceptual manipulation of someone with higher magic power.
Like, Lucifero is stated to be above "Fate", it doesn't mean he is actually above the concept of Fate, he is only above Vanessa's Fate Hax.
He and everyone else should have their Conceptual Manipulation modified. Like, instead of this:

They should have something like this:
To respond to this bit, what happens with Vanessa when she faces an opponent far more powerful than her isn't that they can directly shut down her power, it's just that due to how powerful their attacks are or how long they last her magic gets drained really quickly. I don't think in the case of BC that they're only able to mess with magically created concepts but concepts in general.

With all that said, limited Conceptual Manipulation with the fitting types for each character seems the way to go here.

Destroying universal concepts
Burning and freezing are universal concepts
Destroying such concepts would mean there will be no such thing as burning and freezing anymore all over the world
I don’t get how what was shown will be CM
The Lilith and naaman own well I can agree to limited CM as they created a space without concept of light, darkness and death but that can as well be something unique to just that space I guess

Destroying universal concepts
Burning and freezing are universal concepts
Destroying such concepts would mean there will be no such thing as burning and freezing anymore all over the world
I don’t get how what was shown will be CM
The Lilith and naaman own well I can agree to limited CM as they created a space without concept of light, darkness and death but that can as well be something unique to just that space I guess
What you're arguing for is a matter of range not of what the ability is. You don't have to affect a universal concept or create one to have conceptual manipulation. You just need to either be shown or stated to in some form or shape mess with concepts.

Duedate's solution seems fine to me. Thank you to all staff members who helped out here.

Is somebody who knows how to edit properly willing to apply what has been accepted here?

Okay. Is it fine if I close this thread again then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back