• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Clover: Sea Drying Calc

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Ok, so I've been meaning to go over this for a while now, but the current Low 6-B calc that Black Clover is using feels wrong to me

It is a calc that finds the value of vaporizing the smallest IRL Sea, but the issue is that this is entirely being based off of this statement

"The fire dragon's breath burns everything down, a blow with it's claws brings the sea to dry out!"

We don't ever see Salamander vaporize an amount of water even remotely close to the size of an actual IRL Sea and this statement feels very much like flowery language and hyperbole, I don't why everyone looked at this statement and took it 100% literally as Salamander being able to vaporize an entire sea, not to mention that it kinda feels like a huge outlier as most feats for these characters at this point in time are mostly Tier 7

The statement does strike me as being rather hyperbolic if there's no supporting evidence or visual of such a feat taking place.

The statement does strike me as being rather hyperbolic if there's no supporting evidence or visual of such a feat taking place.
I'm overall neutral on this now (mainly I just don't care), but it has been shown that Salamander is in fact capable of vaporizing water with a claw swipe.

Example: Chapter 87, where Noelle put up a water barrier and Salamander touched it, and it proceeded to get vaporized.

I never said it did, I'm just saying it has been proven that Salamander can vaporize water on contact.

I don't doubt that it can vaporize water, but there seems to be a big difference between its feats and what the statement would suggest. Why not calculate its feat of vaporizing the water barrier?

Basically what Life of King said, and without the calc, Fana would be 7-A so there's no point.

I'm fine with this revision.

A lot, really. I have plans on how to revise the scaling without this calc. Basically, anyone that scales from 2.12 teratons to 16.96 teratons will be affected.

@DragonGamerZ913 @Epsilon_R

What would be the new scaling and feats characters scale to
Well here's my proposition:

The information for this comes from chapters 139-141, for reference. There's this thing titled Mikael Caesar (it's the name of a corpse made from Wraith Magic) that has at least the power of a Magic Knight captain, as it's made up of two captains. As we know, even the earliest series captains scale to 7-A via William's casual 197.2 megaton feat. Then, there's also this character named Sally, who could fight a Gauche that can take hits from Mikael Caesar, so she'd be 7-A around this time normally. However, later in the fight, she uses something that multiplies her power by 10, so she'd be 1.97 gigatons with this amp. That's High 7-A. Here's where the scaling comes in.

Despite having this amp, the Third Eye members at full power are always noted to be the strongest in the Eye of the Midnight Sun. So, this is what I propose.

Third Eye members should scale like this: "At least 7-A, High 7-A with the Evil Eye"

In base, they're at least 7-A for being stronger than the captains. With the Evil Eye, they're High 7-A for being stronger than a Sally enchanted to be 10x stronger than normal.

That takes care of the 2.12 teraton and 4.24 teraton characters, we still need to address the 8.48 teraton and 16.96 teraton characters. These are a lot simpler though, as it's the same reasoning as we currently use, just with different numbers.

The 8.48 teraton characters would become 3.94 gigatons (Large Mountain level+) because of a base Yuno (who at the time is comparable to a base Asta that can hurt Evil Eye Raia, thus being High 7-A) assimilating all of the Wind Spirit's power into him, who is at least comparable to his base form. So, this Spirit Dive Yuno and those who scale to him would be Large Mountain level+.

Lastly, the 16.96 teraton character is actually only one character: Sealed Licht. He's at least 6-B now for casually stopping a combined attack from Asta and Yuno, both of whom were 8.48 teratons at the time (now 3.94 gigatons). Same logic applies here, but different numbers. Sealed Licht would now be "At least 6-C" (At least 7.87 gigatons) for the same thing.

This is my proposition for the scaling. Thoughts?

Since 4 Staff have accepted that the calc is a no go and no one has presented a counter argument, this thread can be put on halt and a new scaling Revision for the BC tiers can happen

I strongly disagree. It just really mean that's how potent it fire/heat created, to the point of even melting an ocean and the fact that there's this gal who can burn any magic 'cause of how powerful the heat it created and there's this someone that the fire is so powerful that even concepts is no escape. Unless you also wanted to call it an "hyperbole" one. And not to mention it's known as a spirit and spirit in this verse is considered a powerful creature, it's not your average fire magic user and it stated in an early chapter that each captain is comparable to an Entire army. So spirit fire >= an army of fire magic user. So it, stating it can melt an ocean is just no exaggeration. And here it's not close to ocean melting but via salamander claw he can shave almost half of the forest, it's an early episode and at that time the salamander isn't fully awakened. And feel like it's claw destructive is as powerful as yami and the green ripper slash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back