• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bionicle Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
I've been working on this for like, a few weeks.

Our Bionicle pages are bad and inaccurate and that's entirely my fault so I'm correcting my mistake.

AP

Most People
Toa are consistently Tier 7, though much higher with Nova Blasts, which are their most powerful attacks and are generally powerful enough to destroy areas the size of Metru Nui or Karzahni, which are large islands. While I'd like the specifics to be calced, we can estimate it to be High 6-C.

Anyways, Tier 7 things:

• These calcs, by Darkanine, specifically the storm one. (Town level)
  • This feat, in which Tahu casually melts a few thousand tons of sand. (Small Town level)
  • Toa of Air are constantly described as being able to make cyclones / hurricanes, Toa of Water can casually cause rainstorms, together they can make thunderstorms.
  • There's also this, from The Many Deaths of Toa Tuyet.
    • "When Devastator moved in to finish him off, Nidhiki tossed a cyclone at him."
  • ... and this, from Maze of Shadows.
    • "Aiming his aero slicers, he sent twin cyclones at the beast. They struck with sufficient power to tear the Coliseum from its foundation and send it hurtling into the sea."
This isn't environmental destruction, they do this through their elemental powers, which is their main source of power and how they, you know, fight.

There's more, though!

• Bohrok are terrifying. They're constantly described as being able to destroy mountains, and while this is over time and is done by a group, it's still really fast, and there's also stuff like this.
I'd say most people scale to the Town level things, which seems appropriate for the Bohrok as well given that their mountain destruction is accomplished by groups and is accomplished over time.

High Tiers
I mentioned the Nova Blast before. That's relevant now.

Icarax, one of the stronger and nastier Makuta, takes Gali's Nova Blast, which destroyed Karzahni, to the face and was fine. Sure, he was knocked to a safe distance, but he didn't take any significant damage and was ultimately fine. This scales to quite a few people; since Teridax fought, defeated, was capable of killing and is superior to Icarax, it scales to the people who fought him and people who fought those people. That's Brutaka, Axonn, probably most of the rest of the Order of Mata Nui, Hydraxon, Keetongu (probably), the Shadowed One, Miserix....

It's kind of hard to judge Teridax's feats, generally, since Teridax is a walking bag of "literally not trying in 90% of his fights", so we have stuff like Vakama "defeating" Teridax, the Toa Mata "defeating" Teridax, and Takanuva "defeating" Teridax. But, given the position of other characters who have fought him, we can judge those to be at least vaguely on the same level.

The Toa Hagah should legitimately scale, as they actually fought Teridax off when he had no reason to screw around (as he didn't have his huge plans in place quite yet), and, as his old bodyguards, they shouldn't be vastly weaker, since that'd be useless.

The Nova Blast feat may be found inconsistent by some; as a counterpoint;

• It took all six Barraki and their army of 100, 000 Rahi, all of which should be around Town level, to defeat and severely damage one of Teridax's bodies, and he still let them win.
  • Teridax can control armies of Town level Rahkshi and throws them away as distractions.
If it's still debated, Teridax can cause eruptions through his mental powers so he'd be City level at a minimum anyways.

God Tiers
The Legendary Kanohi are Low 2-C and that's not really debatable. If you go onto Vahi's page, its Low 2-C feat is right there, and it's a very unambiguous feat.

• "The force of time is contained within that mask. Destroy it, and that power is unleashed upon the universe. Past, present and future all existing at once — warps and rips and hours folding in upon each other — madness and chaos as no two moments ever follow one another ... think of it."
Ignika and the Mask of Creation are both equal to Vahi, as the forces of Time, Creation, and Life are equal in the Matoran Universe. (This also makes Vakama Low 2-C with prep, as he made Vahi).

These masks can only be used inside the Matoran Universe... and the Matoran Universe is a giant robot body. Now, that seems evident to me that the Matoran Universe acts as their power supply. So, Great Spirit Robot > the Legendary Kanohi. Given that Artakha (who has the Mask of Creation) couldn't do much against Great Spirit Teridax, this seems fine. The Matoran Universe's spacetime isn't distinct from the regular universe's. It's just a (really powerful) planet-sized robot.

Unfortunately, when the Great Spirit Robot actually wakes up (with Teridax in control, whoops) and starts doing things, Teridax is mostly screwing around, his feats top at 5-A, and then he dies when a planet chunk slams into his head at high speeds. So he's kind of a glass cannon.

I'd say the Great Spirit Robot (and the Prototype Robot, by scaling) is Low 2-C with 5-A durability / striking strength.

The Great Beings aren't notable alone and are just Low 2-C with prep. Moving on to speed.

Speed
I don't have any calcs for Bionicle speed feats, but they're pretty self-explanatory.

Shortly after they were created, the Toa Mata fought the Avohkah, which are basically sentient lightning bolts. They have their properties, appearance-wise and speed-wise, and were actually mistaken as normal lightning bolts before they started acting weird and started killing people.

This is backed up by the existence of

• Toa of Lightning
  • Tahnok-Kal, an electricity / lightning manipulator (they're used interchangeably in Bionicle)
  • Rahkshi capable of manipulating electricity / lightning
  • Makuta can manipulate electricity / lightning too
So basically everyone relevant in Bionicle is Massively Hypersonic+. Stronger doesn't mean faster in Bionicle, either, so they all are just stuck at MHS+, save for a few characters, like Umbra, who can move at lightspeed through a special technique.

Summing things up
So, for all the pages on here!:

• Great Spirit Teridax / Mata Nui and the Prototype Robot -> Low 2-C
I'll make the other relevant pages over time.

This seems very good to me as well.

If the mask can make the past, future, and present exist all at once, wouldn't that be 2-C instead on Low 2-C as a result of making different timelines exist at once?

If it included the past/present of other universes, yeah, but it's just indicated to be the past and future of the universe it's within.

Looks good to me, though I noticed that the Matoran forms of the Toa are rated at 10-B. Don't Matoran have feats above Human level, or am I missing something?

Yeah, they do, but I'm not sure where they are, exactly. They can contribute to fighting the other 7-C characters, so maybe Low 7-C?

Thank you, everyone.

Given all the support, can I start the revisions?

I am 100% agree. Good work! Would it be relevant to add the uncontrolled Nova Blast? It has been said that if a Toa loses control over its Nova, it would trigger a cataclysm on a planetary scale that would destroy most of the landmass. Plus, It has been said that a Toa of gravity could destroy a planet with a Nova Blast at the cost of his own life but it was confirmed by word of god that all Nova Blast have the same potential of destruction.

Given the general scale of the blasts shown in canon, that seems weird and out of place without feats on that level.

Promestein said:
Given the general scale of the blasts shown in canon, that seems weird and out of place without feats on that level.
Yeah, it's Greg Farshtey who said that. i can give you the link for the Toa of gravity.

Yeah, I guessed so. Sure.

"Greg also confirms that a Toa of Gravity could possibly destroy an entire planet with a nova blast, at the cost of his own life of course."

Possibly. Nothing concrete.

Because it just says "possibly".

Also there are no named Toa of Gravity so this isn't relevant.

What are you referring to, exactly?

There's not all that much of note there.

Okay, so

Roodaka has a really great lifting feat where she lifted Krahka (in the form of a Troller), which is large enough to fit city blocks in its mouth.

"Moving too quickly foor the eye to follow, Roodaka plunged her arm through the ground and seized the Krahka/troller in her claws. With a mighty heave, she pulled the giant worm up through the arena floor."

This says that a city block weighs around 462450 tonnes, which is Class M.

Of course, the Troller's quite a bit larger. And she did that with one hand. Should I just boost the relevant characters to Class M.

I think that "At least Class M" should probably be fine.

I'll do that, then.

I've seen that thread before. It's where I got some of the feats.

Have all of the changes been performed here? If so, we should probably close the thread.

All the changes to the pages that were made before have been made, yes. I'll close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back