• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BIG POKEMON UPGRADES

So you ignore even Dragon's agreement with this CRT despite being a calc member themselves because you don't like the calc k

That's on you, we evidently don't and I already stated why. This is common knowledge literally everyone on the calc team will tell you.
We have in the past and we still do. I've given reasons why this way is more effective + I've seen this happening myself. Drop this.

Know what I'll go ahead and grab a calc group member to say the same exact thing. I'm not gonna be silenced just because you believe your right when you inherently aren't with all due respect.

Know what I'll go ahead and grab a calc group member to say the same exact thing. I'm not gonna be silenced just because you believe your right when you inherently aren't with all due respect.
I'm not "silencing" you. I'm telling you to stop derailing the thread by repeating something which is objectively false. And if you're so against "silencing", then why are you so against a calc group thread being made to discuss this calc?

I'm not "silencing" you. I'm telling you to stop derailing the thread by repeating something which is objectively false. And if you're so against "silencing", then why are you so against a calc group thread being made to discuss this calc?
Because, again this is something relatively minor? The blog just needs to be updated accordingly, that's literally all. There isn't issue with the pixel scaling, there isn't issues with the statements, so on and so forth. You're purposely stonewalling for something something happens with calculations all the time. If it's something that can be adjusted then a calc group isn't needed, it just needs to adjusted accordingly. This isn't like when two calculations on the same feat are made, this is a simple fix that can be dealt with in the blog.

I mean, you're basically minimodding as you're literally talking for him despite he didn't even push his concerns here. If other calc members agreed, then it's good.

Because, again this is something relatively minor? The blog just needs to be updated accordingly, that's literally all. There isn't issue with the pixel scaling, there isn't issues with the statements, so on and so forth. You're purposely stonewalling for something something happens with calculations all the time. If it's something that can be adjusted then a calc group isn't needed, it just needs to adjusted accordingly. This isn't like when two calculations on the same feat are made, this is a simple fix that can be dealt with in the blog.
This assumes that DontTalk is correct, which evidently a calc group member (and likely several others that accepted the results of this thread) disagrees with. Hence why they should discuss their disagreement, in a place meant for discussing and where calc members usually discuss, like the calc group discussion thread. I'm not stonewalling anything, I want this to be discussed properly.

This assumes that DontTalk is correct, which evidently a calc group member (and likely several others that accepted the results of this thread) disagrees with.
First off, nobody disagreed with DontTalk, that never happened in the blog or this thread. Matter of fact DontTalk commented 2 days ago, the other calc member accepted it long before DontTalk commented.

Hence why they should discuss their disagreement, in a place meant for discussing and where calc members usually discuss, like the calc group discussion thread. I'm not stonewalling anything, I want this to be discussed properly.
And it can be done properly in the blog post itself. Making a calf group discussion for such a small change would be a waste of staff time.

First off, nobody disagreed with DontTalk, that never happened in the blog or this thread. Matter of fact DontTalk commented 2 days ago, the other calc member accepted it long before DontTalk commented.
Like no one agreed with him lmfao. Why are you defending him so much anyway

Like no one agreed with him lmfao. Why are you defending him so much anyway
Because nobody saw his comment? He literally used what is accepted on the wiki? Going by our own wiki standards the calculations needs to be adjusted.

Actually know what your talking about before spewing condensing nonsense as if you know what's being discussed.

Yall are tryna say because he didn't get a ginormous reply chain that his opinion on the calc doesn't matter until a thread is made. Ridiculous.

If a Calc Group Member or the Consultant of Calculations disagrees with a calc for a valid reason, then we wait. We don't ignore the remark because a single person said "this works", as I've seen several CGM make mistakes and get corrected by other CGMs and even regular members after they've evaluated calculations.

And stop these petty remarks, all of you. Last warning

anyways i will wait for a reply but through what i understood i might have messed up my own calc. I misunderstood mercalli intensity and it is probably not IX but rather XI which would be far more consistent
Few, if any, (masonry) structures remain standing. Bridges are destroyed. Broad fissures erupt in the ground. Underground pipelines are rendered completely out of service. Earth slumps and land slips in soft ground. Rails are bent greatly.

which pretty much fits the description frame perfect which would garner mag 9. I am waiting for a reply but i think i understood the issue.

anyways i will wait for a reply but through what i understood i might have messed up my own calc. I misunderstood mercalli intensity and it is probably not IX but rather XI which would be far more consistent
Few, if any, (masonry) structures remain standing. Bridges are destroyed. Broad fissures erupt in the ground. Underground pipelines are rendered completely out of service. Earth slumps and land slips in soft ground. Rails are bent greatly.

which pretty much fits the description frame perfect which would garner mag 9. I am waiting for a reply but i think i understood the issue.
Exactly why I said go this way instead of making a separate thread. Like damn, I try to help a guy out and everyone gets so tight about it.

Exactly why I said go this way instead of making a separate thread. Like damn, I try to help a guy out and everyone gets so tight about it.
Idk man stuff's been tight for some people, maybe the amount of nerfs getting handed out to every big verse every week/day.

anyways this shouldn't be a problem in the tyranitar calc as he literally screwed over a great mountain like, come on, there's 0 way that it isn't the maximum intensity.

Idk man stuff's been tight for some people, maybe the amount of nerfs getting handed out to every big verse every week/day.

anyways this shouldn't be a problem in the tyranitar calc as he literally screwed over a great mountain like, come on, there's 0 way that it isn't the maximum intensity.
Agree with this, the Tyranitar calc should be fine as is because no real-life earthquake can crumble a mountain so we kinda need to go big for that one.

Calc members accepted it, DontTalk didn't. That's a fundamental disagreement. I've already said my piece on why keeping the discussion to blog comment replies is a bad idea.

But yeah, as is the earthquake calcs are already pretty lowballed.

Your "piece." is wrong, bloodly hell even the OP was fine with doing so. A thread isn't being made to address something so minor, that's final. If the two participants are both agreeing on such terms then you have no say in this, especially for someone who isn't in the calculations group to be frank. Everyone who's commented here disagrees with you as far that "making a thread." is concerned.

Anyway we're over that now and we're taking for DontTalk to reply.

Even so, I think we can move forward with scaling revisions for the most part because the other High 7-A+ calc isn't affected by this, and it's the primary one used for scaling

Also, where does the Mountain level for Team Rocket comes from? I can't find the calc that put them in the Mountain level range

Your "piece." is wrong, bloodly hell even the OP was fine with doing so. A thread isn't being made to address something so minor, that's final. If the two participants are both agreeing on such terms then you have no say in this, especially for someone who isn't in the calculations group to be frank. Everyone who's commented here disagrees with you as far that "making a thread." is concerned.
Tone down the arrogance, jeez. You have no right to be pulling rank here when you aren't a calc group member yourself. The changes are being discussed in a thread - not a calc group thread, granted, though this thread would not have derailed for 50-odd posts if it were in the first place. Keeping the discussion purely to the calc blog comment reply chain is wholly inefficient and not how we do things.

Anyways, now that's out of the way, does anyone have any suggestions/opinions on a new format for the calculations section? The calcs listed beneath the sandbox won't be put on the main page btw, along with any other unaccepted calcs.

Tone down the arrogance, jeez. You have no right to be pulling rank here when you aren't a calc group member yourself. The changes are being discussed in a thread - not a calc group thread, granted, though this thread would not have derailed for 50-odd posts if it were in the first place. Keeping the discussion purely to the calc blog comment reply chain is wholly inefficient and not how we do things.

Anyways, now that's out of the way, does anyone have any suggestions/opinions on a new format for the calculations section? The calcs listed beneath the sandbox won't be put on the main page btw, along with any other unaccepted calcs.
Wait, is the 8-A rating for first stage Pokemon comes from Rhyhorn? It is not even link to his profile. Not to mention, there is the Pidgey's page which have them scales to some other feat

Question since this is about Pokemon upgrades: Would Z-Moves and regular Dynamax be considered superior to Mega Evolutions since they can hit through Protect while Megas can't?

Yeah that's the only 8-A+ feat currently. Hurricanes used to be 8-A+ too, hence why it's on Pidgey's page, but it's since been downgraded to 8-B/8-B+.
I see, then some of the profiles need to have their justification changed to reflect that the 8-A comes from Rhyhorn since the Pidgey calc has been downgraded

Eh so he think that level 8 or 7 magnitude is the best option? Then the feat would be :

Level 8 magnitude :

92.8 megatons (City level+)
very damm close to Mountain level

Level 7 magnitude :

2.9 megatons ( small City level)
The feat is being discussed as i messed up the mercalli intensity and thus it is probably gonna stay at mag 9...once DT REPLIES THAT IS

The sandbox should also includes multiplier scaling like the 5x Gigantamax and what are their values. As well as other scaling like Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos are 3x weaker than Lugia, etc.

Back