• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Big Band vs Sans

If theres a wall between you and your opponent and you use an attack on the wall and said attack ignores durability but is otherwise just a normal human level attack, youre not going to do any meaningful damage to the wall, let alone your opponent. The same applies here.

Ignoring durability allows you do deal damage to something regardless of their durability, so yes you should be able to damage the wall there.

To use Gorechild as an example again, Gorechild gets its durability negation by having a monomolecular edge that can slice right through nearly all materials. Kharn can break down ship armor with this just as well as he can cut through flesh. For another example, say my sword erases existence on the blade itself. There's really not a reason for that to not work on inanimate objects. Unless it negates durability by draining life or attacking souls, generic durability negation should be able to work just fine on a wall or a shield.

Also, nothing differentiates armor from a shield besides one being strapped to the body of the user and one being held, and Sans can negate that just fine.

Pretty sure it behaves in the same way as the axes of khorne do that have something along those lines. Regardless of the exact nature of its non soul based durability negation, it doesn't change the point.

Sans' attacks arent intangible and theyre not something like a high frequency blade which cancels out physical durability entirely, he cant just somehow bypass a shield

They seemed to work just fine on somebody without a soul or anything for that to work on. No real reason he shouldn't be able to break down the same physical barriers he'd have to break in hitting Big Band itself.

Ignoring durability to deal damage to something is the same as ignoring the durability of the shield to do damage to it. If the shield sustains enough damage, it'd break. How likely is Big Band to time stop though? That should give him the win.

Why would it be different on if the object is alive or not if there's no indication its based on siphoning life? Durability negation allows damage to be dealt to something regardless of how durable it should be. If Big Band opening with time stop is likely though, he probably takes if off of that. Sans wouldn't 1 shot him regardless of the way we interpret durability negation.

Big Band fra, but I don't see why he cannot ignore its durability despite being able to ignore armors and souless beings. Flowey isn't any more alive than that shield, unless your saying its conscience that matters, which occams razor denies.

Big Band FRA. I see no reason why Sans shouldn't be able to damage the shield, but that's not really a huge factor in my mind. The fact that BB has dealt with beings similar to Sans and has Time Stop is enough for me.

Back