• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Good day. Don't worry, the title is clickbait so I don't think it's real. What I want to say is that I had an argument with someone yesterday and they announced that the beyonder was level 0. Of course, the first thing that comes to everyone's mind is that TOAA exists in Marvel and is superior to the beyonder. According to what they said, the Beyonder in the 1985 Secret Wars was written before the entity called TOAA was created, and the Beyonder was pre rectoned at the time TOAA was written. For this reason, they say that the Beyonder, who was in the 1985 Secret Wars, is in a separate cosmos and that he is not in the current Marvel multiverse dominated by TOAA. So is this true? Could the Beyonder therefore be a separate cosmos, completely independent of TOAA, at Tier 0?

Good day. Don't worry, the title is clickbait so I don't think it's real. What I want to say is that I had an argument with someone yesterday and they announced that the beyonder was level 0. Of course, the first thing that comes to everyone's mind is that TOAA exists in Marvel and is superior to the beyonder. According to what they said, the Beyonder in the 1985 Secret Wars was written before the entity called TOAA was created, and the Beyonder was pre rectoned at the time TOAA was written. For this reason, they say that the Beyonder, who was in the 1985 Secret Wars, is in a separate cosmos and that he is not in the current Marvel multiverse dominated by TOAA. So is this true? Could the Beyonder therefore be a separate cosmos, completely independent of TOAA, at Tier 0?
Next time, please just ask/make a thread in Questions & Answers. But yeah, there's no Tier 0 Marvel Characters. By that same logic, Oblivion / TOBA would've been Tier 0 and that disqualifies it as Tier 0 should only be one in the verse themselves.

Next time, please just ask/make a thread in Questions & Answers. But yeah, there's no Tier 0 Marvel Characters. By that same logic, Oblivion / TOBA would've been Tier 0 and that disqualifies it as Tier 0 should only be one in the verse themselves.
I know that Tier 0 should only exist once per universe. The thing that's being talked about here is that the Recton-eating beyonder from 1985 has nothing to do with TOAA. In other words, the entity called TOAA had not been written yet. While the Recton-eaten 1985 beyonders exist in a separate cosmology where TOAA does not exist, all beyonders after Recton-eaten 1986 remain under TOAA. The difference between the 1985 beyonder and the 1986 and later beyonders is the contradictions that occur. For example, while it was an omnipotent being without race in 1985, this situation changed after Recton. Therefore, the 1985 beyonder does not exist in the same cosmology as TOAA.

I know that Tier 0 should only exist once per universe. The thing that's being talked about here is that the Recton-eating beyonder from 1985 has nothing to do with TOAA. In other words, the entity called TOAA had not been written yet. While the Recton-eaten 1985 beyonders exist in a separate cosmology where TOAA does not exist, all beyonders after Recton-eaten 1986 remain under TOAA. The difference between the 1985 beyonder and the 1986 and later beyonders is the contradictions that occur. For example, while it was an omnipotent being without race in 1985, this situation changed after Recton. Therefore, the 1985 beyonder does not exist in the same cosmology as TOAA.
I mean, even if TOAA is Tier 0. Beyonder existing before TOAA wouldn't give him anything, and it would be a different TOAA btw if it's different continuity (in which, isn't a Tier 0 TOAA).

While I do remember that Beyonder is narrated as an omnipotent being (if my memory is right),I think it doesn't refer to it as literal though

As in, they're different continuity
I have no idea about DC, but it's basically just a cosmological difference that is seperating it from how we understand modern Marvel cosmology. Also Dematteis Marvel stuff has legit Marvel characters like Man Thing, Dr. Strange, Silver Surfer, Oblivion etc.

Last edited:
I have no idea about DC, but it's basically just a cosmological difference that is seperating it from how we understand modern Marvel cosmology. Also Dematteis Marvel stuff has legit Marvel characters like Man Thing, Dr. Strange, Silver Surfer, Oblivion etc.
That's just basically them having an expy, if it's the actual Marvel characters and those from Dematteis can be scaled to actual ones (if they're both the same thing). Then basically, TOAA would be High 1-A+ (don't know if it would be High 1-A+ though actually).

Back