• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beiloune's "Classification"

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
I'm making this thread in order to get a lock on what power Beiloune's "Classification" ability is really is in order to help anyone who is confused about how the ability actually works.

Here is the description of the power on Beiloune's page.

Classification: Beiloune possess the special ability know as "Classification". Through this ability Beiloune has preformed amazing things, He separated an entire country size portion of the world from the main Universe and placing it in it's own space and time, creating his own story and placing others inside it, controlling their every action, what they know, feel, and how their entire lives will play out, classifying people as sick, moronic, unlucky, sleepy, afraid and more. He can manipulate the rules of reality by "Classifying" specific aspects of the world. Beiloune can create countless monsters and Non-Corporeal beings such a ghosts and Evil Kings like Phantom Evil King who is an illusion, he can also effect Non-Corporeal beings that are no longer apart Reality, with history literally changing everything they've done completely and cannot be seen, heard or even interacted with. He is capable of increasing and decreasing the total power of himself and other individuals, granting them special ability or taking them away. He gave himself and his daughter eternal life and complete protection from death. Lastly, Beiloune is able to manipulate concepts like "good" and "evil", placing them in the heros and Evil Kings using "classification" which forced them to battle each other endlessly throughout history.

To go into more detail it is explained at the end of the game that we Beiloune classifies somthing it is recorded in the World Library in books and Beiloune's crew can edit the classofications by writing changes in the books to help make them better. Classification as described in verse, is putting something under a classification, for example, Beiloune classifies someone as sick. Said person will get sick and that classification is then recorded in the World Library.

With this Beiloune was capable of classifying laws, fates of others, he could even classify stories which he could change if he wished, classified objects from the main universe and put them in his pocket dimensions that he created all through "Classification" and has done more but you get the idea. So the question is, what is classification in the literal sense?. We had a discussion about this before when I first added the character to the wiki but it was us mostly listing powers that he had with through classification such as Law and Fate Manipulationo but those are just powers he has through classification. For example, with classification Beiloune can control your fate and set out your entire life before you and your death which is Fate Manipulation but he can also classify you under his control which is Mind Manipulation.

This will also help deside what resistance is needed to resist Classification. I gave the Okage characters resistance to all of Beiloune's Classification effects because the are Deviants. However a Deviant in Okage are beings who are uneffected classification aka if Beiloune classified everyone on earth as Frongs, any Deviant amoung the human population would be uneffected by the classification. Not because they are resistant to biological manipulation but because Deviants arn't like normal people, they can't be classified as something else. So once we actually figure out what hax Classification fits under, the Deviants will get resistance to that power as that is what they are resisting.

So thoughts on what Classification really is down to it's core?.

Always thought that this ability was just really, really good law manip. Though I can see it as a mix of other hax like plot manip and reality warping. But I think the main forms of hax are reality warping and law manip.

Seems like law manip to me. Reminds me of what oryx and family can do by assigning people names and definitions

Although, i did use the sort of "fundamental redefinition" type stuff to support concept manip for those guys. If you're confident in your debate skills you could probably get that too

yeah i do think this seems like law or reality warping as it seems like beiloune cassifies things and bam it is what it is

Considering the explanation of the ability, I do believe it is possible to manipulate concepts via law manip. Though with abilities like this, it would be best to list out feats and point out what abilities are present within them.

Well most of the things Beiloune has done with Classification is in the description. He done a few other things but I need to go through the game again though he did classify a joke unable to be told. To go into detail, a few people told a joke about Beiloune that he didn't like so he classified it so no one could finish the joke. Every time Ari talked to said people, they laugh uncontrollable and then repeat the part before the end of the joke as if they are stuck in a loop until they stop trying to tell the whole joke.

Anyway It seems Law Manipulation and Reality Warping are it's core power So the Deviants resistance would be Resistance to Reality Warping and Law Manipulation (Do to thier nature, Deviants are practically uneffected by Beiloune's Classification ability which warps reality and the laws of the world by classifying them the exact way he wishes)

So people can just click on Beiloune's page and see what he's done with Classification. I'll add more feats on the description when I can, hopefully this gives people an idea of what classification Hax is since i've been asked how it works and even when I explain it they don't really understand.

Back