• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beholder vs Jotaro Kujo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude. You cannot simply say "they don't matter" because they go against your character. They were made with the knowlede of both characters. All we've done up to this point with you is say "This is one possible outcome". It isn't guaranteed to be anything like that at all. And no, you haven't refuted anything, as said above. Stop trying to make it seem like your statements are instantly beyond protection. We have established Beholder has three main categories of victory, we'll call them. Jotaro has one. All four are relatively equal to each other in possibility. However, Beholder outsmarts Jotaro to the degree a human outsmarts a dog (no offense, I'm saying Beholder's intelligence is off the charts). He is more likely to have a strategy to tip the favor in his favor than Jotaro.

TL;DR, Beholder can still win, votes are still valid, stop discounting people's opinions, it is incredibly rude. No worries, I get that it's a character you like.

To future me, Grace Period ends in 9 hours. 9:30 EST. If votes are significantly changed in that time, then the discussion continues. Cheerio for now.

No they were not made with knowledge of Jotaro in mind. I see no evidence demonstrating so. This was your argument which most people ended up agreeing on:

"So basically he nullifies the stand, tears Jotaro apart, and wins. Or he insta-disintegrates, or so on and so forth. "

How does this take into account how Jotaro will react? How does this demonstrate any knowledge of Jotaro's character in general? Jotaro LITERALLY has a hard-counter to one of them, and has demonstrated a strategy that counters the other. This statement implies Jotaro stands there and doesn't react in any meaningful way against the monster. I've already demonstrated how this couldn't be further from the truth. This is not a valid argument.

You also have failed to demonstrate logical categories of victory for Beholder, because I've demonstrated and explained how each and every single one of them is unviable and will 100% not win against Jotaro unless he is suicidal. Go read my previous post debunking every single one of your points. I'll repeat again, Beholder's being more intelligent is not a valid argument. If you want to make it a valid argument, you have to explain a plan he can think up with said intelligence that can counter what Jotaro's game-plan is. That would be a valid argument.

TLDR: Beholder has no winning strategy, most votes were made without any sort of logical consideration of Jotaro's character and how he would react. Discussion continues. I don't care if it is incredibly rude, I am simply not accepting votes that blatantly ignore another character just because people aren't knowledgable enough.

I will re-count the votes now.

This was your statement:

"So basically he nullifies the stand, tears Jotaro apart, and wins. Or he insta-disintegrates, or so on and so forth. "

Just to make sure there is a no issue with invalidating votes, I contacted Antvasima about the matter. I asked him, "I have provided explicit proof on how Jotaro would react in such a situation, something that was not considered in the statement. If what I'm saying is true, would all votes be invalid?"

He replied with:

Antvasima said:
I am not experienced with or interested in versus threads, but if your arguments are good enough, I suppose that the thread results may be invalid.
Therefore you must prove that my arguments are not "good enough" otherwise all of the votes for Beholder will be considered invalid, and those who voted must vote on new valid reasoning.

So no, you can't hide behind the "we think differently" argument. You must directly debunk my counter-arguments I brought up, because they inherently disprove your original argument.

I feel like I should quickly clarify a misconception I saw earlier; the antimagic cone projected from the Beholder's central eye isn't based on sight. As in, if someone hides behind an object, if that object and person are still within the 150 foot cone projected from the Beholder's central eye, they are still under the effects of antimagic. The cone is not stopped by intervening objects. Antimagic goes through everything, because in D&D, magic can course through anything in the multiverse. Antimagic being blocked by traditional objects would partially defeat its point.

The cone stops when the Beholder closes its eye, and is negated if the central eye is destroyed entirely, but the what the Beholder can see and what is in the path of the cone is irrelevant.

Just wanted to point that out.

Yes but with a 20-30ft headstart for Jotaro to run away (depending on how fast he can react, but not long with his MFTL reactions) it's more than enough distance for him to sprint around a corner and force Beholder out of his cone of vision.

Beholder now must compensate by aiming his vision slightly to the left o right of the corner so Jotaro stays in his anti-magic cone. If there is any other corner or entrance Jotaro is able to take (ie turn a building corner and enter said building) it is highly likely Jotaro is able to escape said vision-cone. Beholder may be intelligent, but ultimately he has to make a choice to either guess if Jotaro has continued sprinting and compensate as such or keep his line of sight directly on the corner.

It's still very viable for Jotaro seeing as how he has a headstart and they're both equal speeds.

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a reply to my comment, as I'm just clarifying how the antimagic cone works, but as the antimagic is in a cone shape with the point of origin being the Beholder's central eye, Jotaro has a higher chance of being within the cone's range by getting farther away (while still within the 150 ft range). Turning a corner or going into a building doesn't change this.

It's not that easy to get entirely out of the cone.

So maybe Incon? It may be impossible to determine if jotaro can escape it or not because if he does he time stops and wins but if not he gets screwed

Basically, this scenario is "how likely is it for Beholder to continually chase Jotaro and keep him in his field of view before Jotaro tires out?"

With Jotaro's previous running feats taken into account, I doubt he'd tire anytime soon. He ran 400m at world record speeds and was not panting nor displaying any fatigue. Therefore it seems highly unlikely that Jotaro will not escape Beholder's field of view at least once.

I've counted all the votes myself. Here's what I get:

Jotaro Kujo: ProfessorLord, Standuser081, Timeshasaperil

Beholder: Efficiente, qawsedf234(?), Azathoth The Abyssal Idiot(?), Mr. Bambu, Jackythejack

These votes are all fine because they acknowledge or agree to someone who has acknowledged what Jotaro can and would do in response, they just believe that Beholder is still more likely to win. This is an opinion, even if I believe it to be flawed.

The following votes are invalid:

Wokistan: Directly agreed to Mr. Bambu's flawed argument (The one provided to Antvasima, it was on the basis that Jotaro is unable to do anything meaningful without Star Platinum.)

Foggysnoper: Directly agreed to Mr. Bambu's flawed argument (The one provided to Antvasima, it was on the basis that Jotaro is unable to do anything meaningful without Star Platinum.)

Lightbuster30: Directly agreed to Mr. Bambu's flawed argument (The one provided to Antvasima, it was on the basis that Jotaro is unable to do anything meaningful without Star Platinum.)

ArbitraryNumbers: Directly agreed to Mr. Bambu's flawed argument (The one provided to Antvasima, it was on the basis that Jotaro is unable to do anything meaningful without Star Platinum.)

If you see a question mark beside your name, it was just that I was unsure of if you explicitly voted or not, feel free to correct me on that. If you see your vote invalidated here you need to provide new reasoning why Beholder wins, because the reasons you agreed to did not seem to have Jotaro's retaliation and in-character response taken into consideration.

Yes, I'm voting Jotaro. If the Beholder lowers its cone to try and shoot a beam at Jotaro, he timestops and it's gg. Besides that, it really doesn't have a way to win. I know that people are saying it can just bite him to death but... Really? An experienced fighter is going to get killed by a giant mouth? With speed equal?? There's no way the Beholder is killing him in close combat when it only has one means of attack inside the antimagic cone.

I still vote for the Beholder. Bambu has very good reasoning and from what I see it's just more in the realm of possibility.

I voted for Jotaro because based on what I've read from this thread, this is how I think it will likely play out: So, the distance between the two fighters are 30 feet or about 9 meters. At the start, Beholder tries to hit Jotaro with his rays. Jotaro avoids them using time stop. Beholder eventually notices this, so he activates the anti-magic cone. Jotaro notices that he now can't use Star Platinum so he runs away. If the location was an open field, I would have given my vote to Beholder. But because this is in a city, Jotaro would have places to hide from Beholder's rays. So that means that Jotaro just has to sneak up to Beholder and since its shaped like cone, the anti-magic cone would have less range the closer Jotaro gets. Using that, Jotaro finds an opening, uses time stop, then ORAORAs Beholder in the eye and wins.

@Standuser081 I think that's the only basis to vote for Jotaro. You are entirely correct with your logic and reasoning.

@Jackythejack there is no winning strategy for Beholder as of now. He cannot kill Jotaro with his rays because doing so means Jotaro is able to stop time, dodge and oraoraora him. He cannot use his anti-magic cone and chase Jotaro because Jotaro has a headstart and only needs to turn a corner to have a high chance in losing his line of sight, allowing him to once again stop time and oraoraora.

Grace period will be ended here in a minute or two. I will count votes without disregarding people's votes. All votes are valid because everyone knew about his time stop, you simply have provided possibilities for Jotaro to win. Your presence does not instantly negate the votes of others. Don't be that guy.

here are the votes, not changing them unless someone explicitly wishes for them to be changed. Or adding people that haven't actually voted (Azzy, Qawsed, so on).

Jotaro Kujo: 3 (Timehas, ProfessorLord, Standuser01)

Beholder: 8 (Wokistan, Mr. Bambu, Foggysniper, Jackythejack, Lightbuster30, ArbitraryNumbers, Efficiente, DragonEmperor)

Incon: (TheArsenal1212)

My Counter for all this: I don't believe I need to reiterate, but here goes.

1. You're pretty blatantly ignoring Azzy's point that cover means nothing, as he's still in the antimagic field.

2. You keep on using speed as a justification, blatantly ignoring the fact that speed is equalized. Speed literally means nothing in this fight, that's the point. Yes, if Jotaro had that speed, he'd instantly win. But he doesn't. They are the same speed, same reactions, so on and so forth.

3. You have made 1 possibility. You have obsessed over just how one outcome SHOULD GO ACCORDING TO YOU. Basically you've made one situation where it is most likely for Jotaro to win, which isn't how this goes. Consider the likelihood of winning in all scenarios. Beholder simply has more ways to win, as he negates Jotaro's powers, leaving him helpless most of the time. Even your argument of "well he'll just run away" doesn't work because we've established that Beholder can indeed damage foes from a distance by chucking items at them. All we've done besides this is gone "NUH UH YUR RONG" and restated facts at each other, which is pointless.

4. I have stated time after time the possible methods of Beholder's win, all of which are viable (though antimagic cone is the most viable of these). Considering the immense intelligence advantage Beholder has on Jotaro, he is going to outsmat him and outmaneuver him at every turn. That part might even be laughable, purely because Jotaro is inferior in intelligence to, say, a standard wizard- Beholder can deal with a party of those guys and still come out on top.

Everyone knew of their abilities beforehand, save for certain misconceptions on the part of the Beholder, which have slowly gotten cleared up. You especially cannot say "lolno" to votes, as you yourself have continued to debate using flawed logic (speed is still a thing lol, cone doesn't penetrate walls, and so on).

Okay.

Jotaro Kujo: 3

Beholder: 9

Inconclusive: 1

15 minutes or so until GP ends.

1. You haven't seen my response to Azzy. I have already acknowledged that cover means nothing, it just means that Beholder doesn't know where to point his antimagic field. Please go take a look at the visuals I have provided and debunk those.

2. I haven't used speed as a justification once, maybe in stopped time or to demonstrate how Beholder cannot catch up to Jotaro with speed equalized, but I don't recall explicitly saying Jotaro was faster. If I ever did feel free to correct me, but I'd assume if I mention Jotaro's speed and I'm aware speed is equalized, than I'd also be aware Beholder would be on that same level of speed.

3. I have observed the most LIKELY outcome based on what WE'VE SEEN from Jotaro. Said possibility counters and eliminates any of the strategy you have provided for Beholder. Your argument amounts to "Beholder can kill him in more ways" ignoring the fact that Jotaro will not be killed by anything the Beholder can use except for his anti-magic cone + bite, and even then Jotaro has demonstrated the specific strategy needed in order to overcome it.

4. None of Beholder's win methods are viable nor likely. He cannot hit Jotaro with any single ray since Jotaro has demonstrated he can stop time against those who are comparable to his own speed, which would apply to Beholder since speed is equalized. He cannot chase and bite down Jotaro because he will never let Beholder willingly bite him. He will run away and lose his line of sight, letting him stop time and kill Beholder.

Your statement that people agreed to did not demonstrate any consideration on Jotaro's behalf. There was no information brought up regarding how Jotaro would react in said situation. I have introduced the information on how he would react. There is reason to believe it counters whatever Beholder can do in response. Therefore all votes agreeing to your statement are invalid.

Also, please read Antvasima's comment on the matter. There is not enough votes for grace period yet.

Real Votes:

Jotaro Kujo: ProfessorLord, Standuser081, Timeshasaperil (3)

Beholder: Efficiente, qawsedf234(?), Azathoth The Abyssal Idiot(?), Mr. Bambu, Jackythejack, Velox1r0ke (6)

By the way eveen if Beholder bites him off he is gonna break his own teeth since Jotaro tanked attacks from a bloodlust High Dio wich is stronger then normal Dio wich one Did a 64 ton feat while he was just a head and weakened,Jotaro for Professor reasons.

A fight is considered concluded upon reaching a certain amount of votes. That's 7. It can be considered "unwon" by having the opposing votes within three of the other. That's 5.

Antvasima said if your arguments truly debunked anything past arguments have said. You haven't. We've been saying you haven't. See my comment above about "NUH UH YUR RONG". You have provided scenarios where Jotaro can win, but in my own opinion and the opinions of others, Beholder's many hax abilities outdo a singular hax ability with pretty severe limitations on it (5 seconds, must be outside of antimagic field).

I do not mean offense, nor am I enjoying the social aspects of this thread, and I think it is best to finish it quickly before it becomes a war of attrition over nothing.

I know how fights work. There is only 6 votes for Beholder as of now.

My arguments have debunked whatever points you've made. I can go quote them if you'd like and you can actually attempt to debunk them, but as of now you've kept avoiding them saying by mocking me and creating more arguments amounting to "well he can kill jotaro in more ways ". I am not against the opinion of others. I am against the opinion of others when they purposefully ignore information. I will repeat:

Your statement that people agreed to did not demonstrate any consideration on Jotaro's behalf. There was no information brought up regarding how Jotaro would react in said situation. I have introduced the information on how he would react. There is reason to believe it counters whatever Beholder can do in response. Therefore all votes agreeing to your statement are invalid.

This is why the votes have been invalidated. The only way to overturn this is if you take a minute to debunk my arguments. They're a little hidden back so ask me if you want me to quote them.

And no we are not finishing this thread quickly, we are finishing this thread correctly.

As Axl233 brings up, Beholder is unable to even bite Jotaro to death.

Even if he does use his anti-magic cone and somehow catches up to Jotaro, he lacks the amount of strength required to kill him.

You have not debunked anything. I've made that clear.

The thread has been finished. I am tired of this. Tired of "JOTARO MUST WIN". Tired of "lol time stop", and just generally tired of everything within the thread. The 24 hour grace period is over. Antvasima's words were for explicitly if past arguments were now invalid, which they aren't, you are merely labelling them as such.

As a side request, please, don't ask Ant for stuff on Versus Threads. It literally says on his page he doesn't want to participate in them at all. Not to mention he's a busy dude.

Your arguments aren't invalid, they just don't invalidate all other arguments, since this is a matter of opinion on the likelihood that a character wins. Their opinions are still valid as all information is still valid from that time. You've literally debunked nothing, no information was presented that you have said "THAT isn't true" and been correct on. We've provided sources and everything. Pulled out all the stops.

Gonna go contact an admin now, hopefully close this down before we get downright toxic. Wouldn't be good.

ProfessorLord said:
- Beholder can win via any single one of his rays hitting Jotaro at any point. His rays include instant death, stealing the life energy of the target, disintegration, charm (turns the opponent into a follower of the user for a set amount of time, allowing beholder to take him out), sleep (Same reason as Charm), etc etc. Basically, if the Beholder gets any mundane ray off, he wins. The exception is Telekinesis, but this can be used in conjunction with the others to offer a kill.

Yes but this point is largely irrelevant. It does not take into consideration the fact that Jotaro can stop time before any of the rays can approach him, let alone touch him. If Jotaro is allowed to enter stopped time, this fight very quickly becomes over. Star Platinum can destroy Beholder's eye and probably just KO him outright within 5 seconds.

Your argument basically amounts to "oh he can kill him in more ways so he should win"... what?

- Beholder can and probably will deduce that Jotaro is blocked from using his abilities upon seeing his reaction. Knowing this, Beholder can and will keep him within the Anti-Magic ray to ensure victory. At this point, he will probably eat Jotaro, overpowering him due to the fact that Jotaro is merely 9-B without Star Platinum. Note that Beholder can use rays during this so long as they do not extend into the cone of antimagic, as they are cancelled only within the ray. Based on that, Beholder can feasibly attack things outside the cone, or telekinetically toss things with 8-B force into Jotaro, essentially wearing him down.

Surprisingly, this makes the most sense but it is still flawed. I agree that Beholder will realize he can block Jotaro's abilities with the anti-magic cone, I have no problems with this. But once you think that Beholder will actively chase and eat Jotaro...? This is where it starts to become silly. Jotaro has actively escaped and ran away from stand users with abilities he could not understand nor counter . Jotaro put as much distance as possible between him and his opponent so he could better analyze and figure out a strategy. It stands to reason Jotaro will run away from Beholder the minute he realizes he has an ability rendering Star Platinum useless, as he's literally done it before.

Running away from the giant floating monster, Jotaro will take any path he can to escape him. This would likely include train stations, shopping malls and street corners. There are lots of corners in these areas that Beholder cannot simply disintegrate without causing faults to structural integrity and bringing down walls and large pieces of debris onto himself. Once this happens, Jotaro is now out of his line of sight. Star Platinum's self -preservatio kicks in and stops time on Jotaro's behalf before Beholder can use any further ability. Just like I described before, Jotaro and Star Platinum are basically at the home-stretch, he approaches Beholder and gives him an ORAORAORA without him being able to do a thing.

The telekinesis beam is a strategy, but not one I would consider viable. Jotaro has taken dozens of MFTL 8-B punches without budging an inch, only having a haymaker finally sending him flying . He's even had 8-B gasoline bullets projected towards him and he barely flinches . Therefore objects thrown at him would likely only bother Jotaro at best, and that's assuming he doesn't actively work on evading it. He is clearly an athlete and has the reaction speed to back it up. (Note: telekinesis ray is listed as athletic human lifting strength on his profile.)

- Should Jotaro escape the cone, Beholder can feasibly attack Jotaro, as to do this, he must get outside of the cone (as in, more than 150 feet away). Jotaro must then pass that distance in 5 seconds while time is not stopped for him, and while, yes, he could feasibly get to the Beholder in this time (even with jumping, assuming the Beholder is likely flying out of reach), the Beholder can then destroy Jotaro with one attack.

I don't think Jotaro will get more than 150 feet away with speed equalized. I do believe he is able to get out of his line of sight and behind an object of some sort such as a building, completely nullifying the anti-magic cone since he's no longer within the cone. With this strategy, he'd probably only be 20ft away at most. He can stop time and instantly win.

You see more possibilities for him to win, but you ignore how Jotaro would react and counter said possibilities. None of those strategies you just told me were viable ways to win against Jotaro. I'm being 100% objective.
This needs to be debunked @Mr. Bambu. Votes are invalid and thread is not over.

You can't be tired of all this arguing and use that as your defense as to why Beholder would win. Ignoring your opponents rebuttal is not a rebuttal.

As stated before:

As Axl233 brings up, Beholder is unable to even bite Jotaro to death.

Even if he does use his anti-magic cone and somehow catches up to Jotaro, he lacks the amount of strength required to kill him

You and a lot of others are under the belief that he can kill Jotaro. He cannot. The way he is able to kill Jotaro is with his various rays and beams, which he cannot use if he is using his anti-magic cone. If he disables it to use said rays and beams, then Star Platinum can be used. Jotaro has stopped time before someone with comparable speeds to himself could touch him . This would be the same case with Beholder, since speed is equalized.

Jotaro lacks the ability to be killed in this fight. I don't see why people think Beholder can win. He lacks the winning strategy necessary and now he outright lacks the ability to even kill Jotaro.

You are not qualified to render arguments debunked when they have been argued against. You are additionally not qualified to render votes invalid, especially when one of those votes comes from a staff member who knows what they are doing and are objective. Not to mention the people who are also veterans of this wiki, such as Wokistan. Or the people with perfectly valid votes.

Just stop, dude. Your favorite character lost a fight, give it up.

Just to ensure your points are further acknowledged:

1. Yes. He probably can. But not kill the Beholder in those 5 seconds. And at that point, the Beholder's rays are going to kill Jotaro, because many are intrinsically one-shot.

2. Jotaro can run, he cannot hide, so to speak. He can run, attempt to attack Beholder, re-enter antimagic field, ohshit, so on and so forth. Not to mention Jotaro will be unable to get away from an opponent actively following him.

3. Self Preservation doesn't work, supernatural ability. Beholder's anti-magic stuff works through walls. So even hiding doesn't do anything.

4. Why would telekinesis be "invalid"? By this wiki's standards, 10x is one-shot, so frankly, it would be a relatively easy win and not a long timeframe. Once again, reaction speed. Unless Jotaro has actually enhanced senses, he isn't going to see shit being flung at him while he's tailing it the other way.

5. Beholder's line of sight is omnidirectional, as we've said.

Arguments debunked, as you would say. Moving on. Grace period is over to my knowledge.

Okay, votes are now 9-3-0.

Appeal to authority is not helping you. Your arguments have been debunked.

1. Star Platinum is around 64 tons, Beholder is 49 tons. He's stronger by a large margin. In stopped time, Jotaro will be able to beat the shit out of Beholder and possibly just rip off all his lazor tentacles seeing as how he literally just tried to fire them at Jotaro. This is a non-argument.

2. Jotaro can run away until he manages to leave the anti-magic cone via losing his line of sight. (see my argument with Azzy) If he can stop time, he can quickly figure out what's causing Star Platinum to demanifest, whenever he enters his field of vision. Time would forcefully resume and Jotaro would be forced to run away and repeat, this time knowing that he'd have to enter from behind or parallel to Beholder. This is not a leap in logic. This is common sense.

3. Self-Preservation does work when he's out of his anti-magic cone, you didn't read my argument correctly. Once he becomes out of the cone he'd instantly know because Star Platinum would stop time on his behalf.

4. Beholder has Athletic Human lifting with telekinesis beam. Nothing he can lift and throw would be enough to phase Jotaro, who has tanked dozens of 8-B punches without budging an inch. Invalid way of victory.

5. Beholder cannot see past corners of buildings. He loses his line of sight if he runs around a street corner.

Refuted completely.

This seems resolved in favor of the Beholder. Vote wise and grace period.

I also vote for the Beholder because of Azathoth's reasoning, particularly the antimagic cone and the vastly superior intellect.

I will add it once it is closed. Thank you.

ProfessorLord said:
This was your statement:

Just to make sure there is a no issue with invalidating votes, I contacted Antvasima about the matter. I asked him, "I have provided explicit proof on how Jotaro would react in such a situation, something that was not considered in the statement. If what I'm saying is true, would all votes be invalid?"

He replied with:

Antvasima said:
I am not experienced with or interested in versus threads, but if your arguments are good enough, I suppose that the thread results may be invalid.
Therefore you must prove that my arguments are not "good enough" otherwise all of the votes for Beholder will be considered invalid, and those who voted must vote on new valid reasoning.
So no, you can't hide behind the "we think differently" argument. You must directly debunk my counter-arguments I brought up, because they inherently disprove your original argument.
@Matthew Schroder I've already pointed out how a lot of the votes were invalid, but he's still trying to count them anyway.

Man,just let it die already next time we make a rematch so you and the other can have more time to argue.

At this point people are voting for a character who literally lacks the AP necessary to kill Jotaro via biting him to death.

And they think he can win by biting him to death.

Yeah if this gets added this is going straight to versus thread removal.

EDIT:

Jotaro was relatively fine going up against a barrage of 64 ton punches, suffering only minor injuries.

Beholder has 49 tons scaling from a spell used against him.

So how is the 49 tons going to harm Jotaro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back