• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beholder vs Jotaro Kujo

Status
Not open for further replies.
@greyfang

Yeah i wasnt 100% convinced it would effect the STAND because they arent magic, but since it affects the supernatural it woulf likely work here. I know energy and super natural doesnt necessarilly mean the same thing but with how stands work and how beholder uses this hax, it should affect a SP who uses supernatural powers

I'll guess I'll check the ADnD, 4e, and 5e psionic expansions. But I would think that each would follow a similar balancing idea.

ADnD - Here's a list comparing magic and psionics . From the look of it anti-magic shell blocks Psionics, so the anti-magic cone should be able to block them as well,

4e - Psionics are called "Psionic Magic" and are just another varient of magic (Player's Handbook III. 4th Editio)

5e - Here's this editions (current) descriptio of how Psionics and Magic interact (Source)

So the best I got is that it'll maybe stop a psionic attack from being used.

@Qawsedf Can I just say that as of right now you're like the fkn best person for the D&D verse right now? Big help, thank you so much.

So yeah, still voting Beholder, since it looks like "supernatural effects" does indeed block out stuff besides mundane magic.

If speed is equalized? Unlikely.

And for refrence here's the various Beholders: 2e , 3e , 4e , 5e. All but the 4e Beholder has the anti-magic cone. So the default Beholder should have one as well.

But if speed was unequal, then Star Platinum blitzes and Beholder would never be able to hit Jotaro with those MFTL+ reactions

Edit: I'm bring this up as for the reason why this fight is Equal in speed

That's true. But that isn't the case. Speed is equalized, otherwise this is a very sad stomp due to JoJos being ridiculously fast.

With speed equalized, it isn't so much a stomp, but I'd say 85% of the time Beholder wins via various hax.

It is a beam that is cast, like other attacks. Why do you ask?

Because im could see Jotaro using time stop to dodge that shit,its in character for him to use time stop a lot he eveen used in a casual fight with josuke just to dodge his punches.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Would Jotaro win if he timestopped at the beginning of the match and then sprinted over to the Beyonder and OraOra'd it?
Maybe,cause Beholder is only 42 tons Jotaro in the other can turn Dio into a bloody pulp and Dio has a 64 ton feat while weakened and just head.

okay, So I'm going to vote for Jotaro because he either timestops at the beginning and kills the Beyonder or he uses timestop to dodge the antimagic beam and then kills the beyonder

Alright, so votes right now look like this:

Jotaro: 1 (DragonEmperor23)

Beholder: 4 (Mr. Bambu, Eficiente, Wokistan, TheArsenal1212,

Inconclusive: 0

Unless someone says its a vote, not a vote, even if implied. I'll add reasons below.

Jotaro: He could theoretically instantly time stop rather than engage in combat, thus meaning he could get close enough to just beat up the Beholder.

Beholder: If any of his hax go off, his range advantage would mean pretty much instant death for Jotaro, regardless of what hax goes off. Anti-magic cone, even though it nullifies the Beholder's abilities as well, would grant Beholder a huge advantage and pretty mucch instant win, due to the large AP advantage even physically.

Inconclusive: If Jotaro does time stop, someone proposed that he may likely still come out unscathed and at that point it'd just be them beating on each other until one wins.

Eveen if gets power nulled im feel like he could find a way to get out of the cone and eveen tank a bunch of bites from Beholder since he has City Block+ durability.

If the cone stops functioning, Beholder would instantly swap to another ray. Typically this defaults to mind control (charm) for weaker foes or disintegration/fear for actual threats. If fear is used, you can bet disintegration is coming next.

I can see the case for Jotaro, I just find it a lot more likely that Beholder would win.

So does the cone create an area infront of the Beyonder where the effects take place? Would switching to another ray means it has to fire it again?

Yes, it creates a cone shape in front of the Beholder. To my knowledge (though I can't check right now), it does have to swap out to use another ray. Don't quote me on that, though, been awhile since I've fought a Beholder so I could definitely be mistaken.

Mr. Bambu said:
Yes, it creates a cone shape in front of the Beholder. To my knowledge (though I can't check right now), it does have to swap out to use another ray. Don't quote me on that, though, been awhile since I've fought a Beholder so I could definitely be mistaken.
IIRC, in 5e, the Beholder can use its eye rays with the antimagic cone. It just can't fire them into the antimagic cone. It usually deactivates it by just shutting its eye, since it can be projected continuously.

I might be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure this is how it works, since the Beholder itself is not entirely within said cone.

Really? I never played 5e, I mainly stick to 2e/3.5e stuff, but I'd believe you. If that's true, then technically yes, the Beholder can use its other eyes whilst one is active.

How big are the cones? Jotaro could probably dodge the other rays it uses. After all one of Star Platinum's abilities is precision and that ties into his good reflexes.

With speed equalized, their reflexes are the same unless Jotaro has some form of statistics amplification on that point, which his page doesn't have.

Ah, I see. Since it can use multiple rays at once then Jotaro wouldn't be able to dodge. So now it comes down to if Jotaro stops time at the beginning of the match and then kills it. I still feel like Jotaro would do this considering a few things. Jotaro shows no hesitation to kill people that are irredemable. Judging from it's appearance, Jotaro would probably think that it is a monster and go for the kill. Since this is part 3 Jotaro with timestop, he would use it and beat the Beholder to death.

The issue is that, if he's starting 30 feet away, he's starting within range of everything the Beholder has, including the antimagic cone, which is activated by it looking at him with its central eye (which it's almost 100% going to be at the very start of the fight). If Jotaro wants to timestop, he either has to try and move out of the way, or activate it before the Beholder looks at him, which isn't going to be easy.

If he starts farther, he's out of range with Star Platinum by an even greater amount.

If he starts closer, he has no chance whatsoever of doing anything before the Beholder hits him with the cone, at which point he's just a wall, but one that will eventually crumble from enough hits.

This is all going to depend on what he does, but I don't think he has nearly as many ways to finish this as quickly as the Beholder does.

I see. I agree that the Beholder does have more ways to win which makes it more likely that it will win. I'll switch to Beholder fra then.

To add the Beholder's central eye projects the anti-magic cone not only 150 feet, but at a 90 degree arc.

Jotaro can activate time stop with a thought tho wich would more faster then somebody using a action to activate a spell.

Current votes:

Jotaro: 0

Beholder: 5

Inconclusive: 0

Alright, Beholder has 6 of the 7(?) it needs now.

Beholder takes it at 7-0-0. Grace period begins now, if anyone has a better case for Jotaro, feel free to add it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back