• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beerus vs The Truth(FMA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CHILLVIBEZZ said:
....Truth is non corporeal iirc so Beerus can't even hurt him let alone beat...
Isn't The Truth the universe itself? 3 punches. Thats all Beerus needs

^If Truth is non corporeal as Chilli said, Beerus can't hurt him because Beerus can't affect spacetime, let alone destroy. Beerus can destroy a 3D universe the size of our observable universe

Truth is a metaphysical being who exists in the Fullmetal Alchemist series. Truth oversees everything in the universe, and regulates all Alchemic exchanges in the world. Truth explicitly reveals itself when alchemists attempt to "Play God" by attempting Human Transmutation. -http://fma.wikia.com/wiki/Truth

He could easily make a great transmutation circle around the Milky Way and make a philosopher's stone capable of winning The Truth. (jk again) (maybe)

TakatoBlue said:
He could easily make a great transmutation circle around the Milky Way and make a philosopher's stone capable of winning The Truth. (jk again) (maybe)
Check out where they're fighting. This way, it'll be an even fight.

Okay.

First - What is THE TRUTH? It just seems a abstract concept with a conscience.

Second - If it's energy or matter ... Bills can win.

Third - Apparently the only power of Truth was shown the power to create from nothing. Breaking the laws of alchemy. And maybe omniscience in his universe. Although it would create a very powerful weapon out of nothing, I don't see how it could win Beerus yet. But only if it is energy or matter. If it is only an abstract concept with a conscience, I do not see how Beerus could win.

the truth is a universe

beerus destroys universe in 3 punches or one beam

i guess that should be enough for truth to die

Well Beerus can win if physical attacks damage Truth if not then Truth most likely wins

Inconclusive due to lack of anything definitive for the faceless bastard.

I vote for /thread

Truth: "I am the called by many names. I am 'the World'. I am 'the Universe'. I am 'God'. I am 'Truth'. I am 'All', I am 'One', and I am ... 'You'."

Judging from this quote, the scope of his ability is Universal.

If Beerus were to live in the universe where Truth exists, then Beerus would have his own Truth, since he is 'One', and he is 'You'. Regardless of Beerus' so-called Godhood, they go by very different definitions of 'God', and it is likely that Beerus will only be able to confront the part of Truth that is himself. In that case, even if he could goad it into a fight, it would likely be a tie, with Truth likely unable to die. From the events that happen in Fullmetal Alchemist it can be logically theorized that your version of Truth exists only as long as you do in this world, so the worst he would be able to do is mutual destruction.

However, if Truth exists in Beerus' universe, than Beerus would likely not have a chance against all of him, because he is 'the Universe' and he is 'All'. If the Truth is capable of independent action, he is most assuredly on a higher level than Beerus because he is truly omnipresent (he is 'All', after all), so in the case that the Truth is able to take independent action, I believe he will win.

But, frankly, I don't think the Truth can fight, nor can it be fought. I've always held to the belief that the Truth is a manifestation of the physical laws of the universe rather than any sort of divine entity with a will of its own. There's a reason that Truth always takes your physical form. He is 'All', and he is 'You', and without a 'You' capable of appraising the 'All', the Truth might very well not have sentience at all.

So in my opinion, this fight is impossible, and if it were to be possible, Beerus would likely lose.

^that. Fight is inconclusive. Even if Beerus destroyed the universe's physical matter, I'm not convinced that would wipe out the truth. That being said, I'm not aware of any way the Truth can hurt him.

The truth is non-corporeal and exists beyond the scope of the physical universe (within pocket dimensions, or mental spaces, or wherever those door things are (it's been a while since I read FMA)). He has infinite range, and governs all alchemical process, so he could just use his matter manipulation everywhere at once to get rid of Beerus.

He never had any matter manipulation, Beerus can easily destroy the universe, and truth is the universe, so Beerus wins easily.

The problem with this is that Beerus can only destroy 3D matter of the universe, not its space-time as a whole. Anything thats left will let Truth live. In fact since Truth is basically everything, wouldnt he easily be omnipresent or have immeasurable speed for existing beyond the physical universe? And since he is everything as long as beerus lives im gonna assume truth will live too unless Beerus kills himself along with everything else

As for the omniscient suggestion, no Truth isnt remotely omniscient. EoS Edward was able to outsmart the truth to get Al's soul back, Truth even admitted Ed beat him. If Truth can get outsmarted by a mere human im pretty sure Beerus could too

You can't kill concepts with 3d power only. It doesn't matter how hard you punch, those fists will never reach truth or madoka or any conceptual being.

LTB2000 said:
Ok, but that didn't stop galactus from defeating him.
I'm pretty sure that in the thread you are referencing, galactus was outside of the universe and ate the entire universe, with him 'eating' being something more than a purely 3d destruction feat (somehow, I'm not a comic reader so I don't know why that apparently is a thing).

You do realize Truth let father surpress him right?

And i doubt Beerus's sealing is anywhere close to what Father was capable of doing with an alchemy only seal

TBH wouldnt this mean Beerus is fighting nothing really since Truth isnt really a being? Or at the absolute least, himself?

LTB2000 said:
He never had any matter manipulation, Beerus can easily destroy the universe, and truth is the universe, so Beerus wins easily.
Alchemy is the deconstruction and recreation of an object or being on the atomic or molecular level aka matter manipulation, truth is the being that governs all alchemical processes.

Also, Beerus can break the physical matter of the universe, but the universe itself will still be there, just in small pieces, and either way Truth isn't just bound to the physical universe, he exists within the metaphysical realm of the gate as well

Well Truth can just look inside the gate and gain that knowledge plus what Beerus's body is made up of shouldnt be difficult to define seeing as how can take in or consume components like we can. Such as foods he eats.

Honestly, how will Beerus even know he's fighting anyone at all here? Truth has no true form he's not really a true entitiy and the only way to even see him is to enter his own realm where the gate lies. If Beerus doesnt know who he's fighting, or can't even realize he's in a fight at all he wont do anything. He wont just start destroying everything for no reason, especially since if the universe gets destroyed so will he, so he wont recklessly destroy it to destroy someone he has no oppourtinity to know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back