• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beelzebub Lightning

I already posted this thread before and it was accepted, but Antoniofer rejected it. However in this thread Matt says's something this;

Matthew Schroeder said:
If it looks like lightning, is stated to be electricity, has some properties of lightning and is produced similarly to real lightning, then logic dictates that it moves at the speed of Lightning.
Otherwise you are saying that it literally has all properties of lightning except one, which is ludicrous.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Antonio, lightning IS electricity. They share properties. By seeing that a lightning attack has the properties of real life electricity, we can accept it as real Lightning. And the speed which is assumed is the speed of Lightning.
So based on Matt's rebuttal's I'll redo this thread.

I've been rereading the manga and looking from here that Baby Beel actually heats up and melts part of the metal bending it and here not only does it to the whole tower but you can also see the electricity conducting through the whole tower.

The conduction of metal, the manipulation of metal, making muscles contract and even the resistance of Himekawa electric baton counts as manipulation of electricity by nullifying it.

This Wiki clearly states: Lightning directly produced by a character is only considered as real lightning if it has demonstrated some properties that real lightning has. Some examples are: making muscles of affected beings contract, having an (electro)magnetic field, being shown to actually move with a speed similar to lightning, flowing through conducting materials, the character being able to manipulate real electricity or electromagnetism in general, generating ozone or causing electrolysis.

In fact according to this page, Lightning strikes can blow your clothes and shoes off as the moisture on your skin rapidly boils and turns to steam. Any objects touching your skin will cause serious burns and you also risk hearing loss, seizures, headaches and blindness.

If you look here and here, You can see that his clothes are not only ripped to shreds but steam is also rising from his body, as well as the floor.

Another article says; Lightning strikes do, however, differ from the industrial shocks you'd receive from high-voltage equipment. First, the level of voltage is greater in lightning—most industrial shocks generate 20-60kV, but a bolt of lightning generates 300kV. Second, the duration of a lightning strike is much shorter. Man-made shocks last about a half second (500 miliseconds), on average, until the worker is either blown clear or the circuit breaker trips. A lightning strike courses through you in in just 3 milliseconds. Finally, most industrial electrical injuries hit the worker's hands, arms, and shoulders while natural lightning most often strikes the head, shoulders, and upper torso. Which is exactly where he's injured.

Also every time Oga uses the Zebub Blast there have been bright flashes of light, which is also a property found in lightning.

http://www.*************/manga/beelzebub/v10/c086/15.html

http://www.*************/manga/beelzebub/v10/c086/16.html

http://www.*************/manga/beelzebub/v13/c137/10.html

Also when he used the lightning strike on Jabberwock, Jabberwock is shown not only unable to move but his hand actually spasm's. That would be evidence of muscle contraction.

I'm not sure how hot something would need to be in order to vaporize a steel tower, so if someone could work that out i'd really appreciate it. We know for a fact that it's more powerful than Himekawa's who can knock out the largest of men for half a day with his shock, so we can infer that it causes fibrillation. It can also cause subjects to hallucinate both Visually and Auditory. This Wikipedia article even states that: Just as heat can cause expanding air in the lungs, the explosive shock wave created by lightning (the cause of thunder) can cause concussive and auditory injury at extremely close range.

Looking throughout the series it doesn't seem like electricity to me, but rather lightning.

All these features seem to me like the electricity is in fact lightning, and if that's true that means any lightning based attacks from Oga (the Zebub Blast) and anyone capable to dodging/reacting to them move at lightning speed. This should be a huge bump up in the speed of the verse.

Since we have already confirmed that Baby Beel fires lightning we can now scale to the rest of the Characters.

Hecadoth was capable of intercepting Beel's lightning, and even whe he is suprised by the close distance he still manages to block it. So no aim dodging.

What do you guys think?

I also think that this seems reasonable, but would prefer more community input.

Thank you very much. If it's not too much to ask could anyone that agrees please comment here, as it calculates the actual speed of the characters when they dodge lightning.

The calc group has to evaluate that. We have no authority to do so.

Back