• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn't her profile say her range is Cross-Universal on Purgatorio, then?

Ignoring that, you didn't answer my petrification question.

Because cross-universal isnt the proper rating for such a thing

He cant pertify her while she's in Purgatorio and several of the abilities i listed would prevent her from being petrified, on top of being able to resist Fury's petrification

He cant pertify her while she's in Purgatorio

Can do it before, then. Bloodlusted, and he was already prone to spamming petrification in the first novel.

and several of the abilities i listed would prevent her from being petrified

Most abilities you listed are forcefields and damage negation, which won't prevent Petrification. Only the butterflies potentially do, but it's not like he can't cast it again.

on top of being able to resist Fury's Petrification

Not petrification. It induces fear and paralyzes the opponent.

What happened to leading with Poseidon's Rage that you insisted he leads with?

Going into Purgatorio where Kratos literally cannot touch her, reflecting the attack back at Kratos, instant portals to dodge, attack negation, and being able to resist Fury's petrification

You never answered whether or not Kratos is resistant to empathic manipulation

I said in the same thread he led with Petrification, followed by either Zeus's lightning bolts and Poseidon's Rage.

Going into Purgatorio where Kratos literally cannot touch her, reflecting the attack back at Kratos, instant portals to dodge, and being able to resist Fury's Petrification

Kratos can petrify her before that happens.

Fury's petrification in-game merely slows Bayonetta down, and the description says it ensnares the opponent with a terrifying gaze, meaning it's a fear ability

Even if it was petrification, it's pretty low-level. Doesn't compare to a gaze that petrifies several dozen in a single swoop.

Depends on the type of empathic manip. If it's mind-related, yes.

WeeklyBattles said:
Going into Purgatorio where Kratos literally cannot touch her, reflecting the attack back at Kratos, instant portals to dodge, attack negation, and being able to resist Fury's petrification

but as he said above the fury is not soo much a petrification plus how is bayo gonna counter the scourge of erinys vortex that will drain her?

You're also forgetting that Bayonetta's only actual shot at a permanent kill requires close-range, subjecting her to his blades and all of his hax...full-stop. Including time-stop, and, if I recall correctly, her resistance comes from Umbra Witches being naturally immune to Witch Time as seen in the various fights against Jeanne. That won't stop the Amulet of Uroborus.

Do correct me if it's from the Lumen Sages.

Also, Bayonetta sorely lacks a way to keep him in a single place for a long time

@Kep All three of which can be reflected back at him, dodged with a portal, and negged with the butterflies.

Range of petrification =/= potency

Its emotion-related. If she so much as scratches Kratos with Sloth he will be reduced to a doubtful arrogant idiot

Axl233 said:
but as he said above the fury is not soo much a petrification plus how is bayo gonna counter the scourge of erinys vortex that will drain her?
Going into Purgatorio where Kratos literally cannot touch her, 5-B forcefields, attack negation, instant portals that let her dodge attacks, Invulnerability to High 4-C damage and hax with a yellow moon lollipop, or attack reflection

All three of which can be reflected back at him, dodged with a portal, and negged with the butterflies.

Poseidon's Rage and Medusa's Gaze can't be reflected or dodged with a portal. Both are implied to be instantaneous in the novels.

Range of petrification =/= potency

Fear-Induced Paralysis = \ = Petrification

Its emotion-related. If she so much as scratches Kratos with Sloth he will be reduced to a doubtful arrogant idiot

Sounds like she needs to mess with his mind to do that.

Bayo's summons are summoned FROM thousands of kilometers. They don't have that range in combat. Of course, if I'm wrong you're free to post scans, since I'm sorely speaking of my playthrough 4 months ago.

Bayonetta can't kill Kratos with one exception, one that requires her to land hits directly, and can't actually keep him in a single place since he can get around paralysis. So, even if we were to take everything you said so far at face value, it still doesn't help Bayo

http://bayonetta.wikia.com/wiki/Sloth

"The six swords sheathed in his back represent gluttony, profanity, doubt, idiocy, rage and arrogance. Each blade awakens feelings in victims of its respective sin when cut."

Its not mind-based

Yes they have that range, Demons like Scolopendra are 10 km long through sheer size, Gomorrah was tearing apart a city with just its presence, Baal is capable of attacking opponents from across the far ends of a battlefield (and is technically described as having infinite range), angels on the level of her demons are capable of producing country-sized storms and massive water spouts with just their presence, while weaker angels can destroy the planet, wipe out civilizations with a swing of their arm, and conceal the true size of the ocean. So yes, they do have that range in combat.

Literally any one of her summons can hold him in place and he wouldnt be powerful enough to break out.

Im not sure what you tried to link there but the video just has him running over a collapsing bridge...

summons snip

Alright then. But what about I said above? She only has one way to permakill.

Literally any one of her summons can hold him in place and he wouldnt be powerful enough to break out.

They need to hit him first, and he has plenty of ways of avoid that, such as Orkos's Stone which replaces him with a clone.

I tried to link the Amulet deaging Castor from 70ish to 30 in a few secnds.

One of the main reasons was his ability to AP drain, and also Petrification + resistance to Bayo's default hax

I was also typing up a huge wall of tert detailing why Kratos won, but I forgot it and ended up forgetting a lot of good points I'd made.

@Kep BFR will defeat him without killing him, but what way can she permakill him?

And they cant keep going after him why...?

Kratos's own BFR is in a higher scale & can do it two different ways

I've also pointed out Bayo's lack of ability to kill him for good without getting close half a dozen times.

Keep going after him, but still have trouble catching him.

And Bayo can come back from it, whereas Kratos cant come back from Bayo's

She has a range of several thousand kilometers, she doesnt need to get close to beat him

Speed is equalized

And Bayo can come back from it, whereas Kratos cant come back from Bayo's

Time Travel makes it so he can.

She has a range of several thousand kilometers, she doesnt need to get close to beat him

Every hit she lands will be made useless by Resurrection. Not even Shuraba is guaranteed to work due to his resistance, and that's her best shot.

Speed is equalized

Speed buffs don't get equalized, as decided recently.

@Kep How will time travel help him get out of an alternate universe?

Kratos doesnt have speed buffs though

@Kep How will time travel help him get out of an alternate universe?

He's transporting his own body to another point in the past before the BFR happened.

The Temple of the Fates contains portals to other timelines before certain events happened, and Kratos does indeed possess that power.

Unite My Rice said:
Here's what I'm thinking:
Kratos has time stop listed so I'm gonna assume he has resistance to witch time.

Bayo goes to Purgatorio, summons Gomorrah who lovetaps his soul out of his body and drags it down to Inferno, somebody eats it, Bayo bazillions his body..

.....GG
still

Whats the vote count? I believe Bayo should be in the lead here

Would a match between a High 6-A and a 5-B even be added...?

I don't have the time to argue since I'm writing this from the bathroom, remind me later maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back