• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bayonetta Upgrades

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Meant to post this earlier but I got sidetracked. Better late then never I guess. Anyway, seeing as how there was a Bayonetta upgrade thread a while back that never really went anywhere, I found a few feats that would put her at a higher tier.

Base: Her DC and Durability should be increased to Town level, seeing as how she fought and defeated several Auditos (High-ranking angels), such as Iustitia, who easily destroyed a large air field, and Fortudito, who destroyed a town, and defeated clones of the Auditos without her Infernal Demons. Her speed should be increased to Massively Hypersonic, for being able to keep up with Fearless and Glory, who utilize natural lightning in combat, possibly Massively Hypersonic+ (at least Mach 1363) for outspeeding irenic, a car-like angel that can cross Paradiso, which is several thousand times larger than Earth in a single day, without using Witch Time. She also has Class G+ Lifting Strength (She tossed an enormous satellite after it was thrown at her) and Class GJ+ Striking Strength for being able to casually kick away skyscrapers.

Infernal Demons: Varies from City level to Island level. Her weaker summons, such as Gomorrah and Lalagos can easily tear apart Auditos, Hekatoncheir is stated to have enough power to destroy mountains, and Madama Butterfly shattered a large meteor with a single headbutt.

(New) With the Left Eye: Moon level, she is comparable to Father Balder, who destroyed the moon in the first game.

(New) Summoning Omne: Small Star level, Omne is more powerful than Jubileus and Queen Sheba, who are both Large Planet level+, combined.

Would it be ok to add these feats to and upgrade Bayonetta's profile?

This all seems perfectly legit to me, but maybe Omne should be a little lower (I.e. Small Star Level).

The Left Eye isn't always on. It was only used at the end of the games to fight Jubileus and Aesir, and she couldn't even access it until Balder unlocked it at the end of the first game.

I say these are legit as well. But only if the Omne summoning gets downgraded like Everlasting said.

Would that make Jubileus Moon Level? And wouldn't those count as her "base stats" without summoning after those points?

Actually that would make Father Balder with the Right Eye Moon level, Jubileus is Large Planet level+. Would it count as her base stats?

Outside help?

Well if you're confused about something, feel free to ask. It'd be best to get everything straightened out before anything is added to the profile.

Well, here's a question, what makes Jubileus Large Planet+? And how doesn't it scale to Bayonetta herself?

Jubileus is Large Planet+ because at the end of the first game Bayonetta summons Queen Sheba, who punches Jubileus hard enough to destroy any planet in the solar system. However, Jubileus can survive crashing into a planet the size of Jupiter and come back to fight again. This gives Jubileus Large Planet+ durability and Queen Sheba Large Planet+ attack potency, and they are stated to be equal to each other, so they would both have Large Planet+ AP and Durability. It wouldn't scale to Bayonetta because she wasn't the one who performed the attack. She just summoned Sheba who performed the attack.

And yet, she repeatedly successfully injured her on her own, and Jubileus was very obviously in pain as she did so.

In addition, according to her article on the Bayonetta wiki, it was Jubileus's soul, not body, that was punched into the sun, where it exploded. If her soul can destroy large planets just by flying into them then, well, I don't know what to tell you...

So would you say she's Planet level with the Left Eye?

Yes, her soul survived colliding with planets and was only destroyed by flying into the sun.

I dunno about that "star level because it's way above planet level" logic. That's the same logic used on Wank. I mean, Link.

WarriorWare said:
I dunno about that "star level because it's way above planet level" logic. That's the same logic used on Wank. I mean, Link.
Well Everlasting told Weekly to downgrade Omne to at least Small Star level since that would have been too large of a gap of power there from Jubilus and Sheba.

I mean i find that crazy if Star level was put it. I mean i get something like "likely Small Star level", but Star level seems too much even though i like the Bayonetta series.

So we're currently at 4/5-0 (Dunno if Perpetual directly agrees or not) and one ambiguous vote from WarriorWare. The upgrades are currently looking rather likely.

Ok, so after some thought I think Bayonetta's base should be increased to City level, seeing as how her weakest summons are rated as City level, and she defeated Father Balder, who casually killed two of those summons; Gomorrah and Scolopendra, as well as Father Rodin, who is equal to if not stronger than Balder. She also fought and killed Gomorrah and Phantasmaraneae in Bayonetta 2. This makes sense, as in games like Final Fantasy, characters can be stronger than their summons, as well as the fact that she is REQUIRED to use her summons. Otherwise her contract with Madama Butterfly would be forfeit and she would be dragged down to hell.

Also, in regards to Bayonetta with the Left Eye, considering she was able to damage Jubileus, maybe we could adjust her level. Something like: Moon level (Should be equal to Father Balder with the Right Eye), possibly Large Planet level+ (Able to wound Jubileus, but this appears to be contradictory).

Sounds good. Wonder what Everlasting says about this.

Man, this makes me wanna make some Bayonetta pages(for those like Balder and Aesir).

WeeklyBattles said:
Balder is actually the first one I'm gonna make, then Jeanne and Rodin.
Works fine with me. I'll probably find someone to make(assuming i get them right).

Ok, last one. I just noticed something Everlasting mentioned to me in the chat. In Bayonetta 2, Aesir, the final boss, derives his power from the Eyes of the World, which he absorbed from Bayonetta and Balder. Balder and Bayonetta then proceed to defeat him in base without using the Eyes, which would make base Bayonetta and Balder Large Planet level, at least, for Bayonetta 2.

WeeklyBattles said:
Ok, last one. I just noticed something Everlasting mentioned to me in the chat. In Bayonetta 2, Aesir, the final boss, derives his power from the Eyes of the World, which he absorbed from Bayonetta and Balder. Balder and Bayonetta then proceed to defeat him in base without using the Eyes, which would make base Bayonetta and Balder Large Planet level, at least, for Bayonetta 2.
Oh i remember that! Yeah, that would make them 5-A then cause they were still able to harm and defeat him(plus some support from Loki near the end) even though they had their eyes taken from him.

WeeklyBattles said:
so would that put Bayonetta 2 base at Large Planet?
If she and her father Balder were able to harm and fight Aesir despite him gaining his powers back, then i don't see any problem with that.

... uh? What? Bayonetta was DESTROYED by Aesir in the second game. It was only when Loki destroyed the eyes of the World that Loptr became defeatable

Yes, I know you have a boss fight with him, but the resulting cutscenes shows Balder and Bay exhausted while Aesir is literally laughing everything they do off.

Then Loki activates his trap card and makes Aesir far weaker and even then Balder and Bay needed omne to finish her off.

Finally, even in the frst game, it's implied Bayonetta didn't summon Sheba by herself (and doesn't do so at all in Bloody Fate), but has Jeanne help her out (if you checck, there are whte hair on Sheba's body AKA an hint of Jeanne being there)

Back