• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kep, you calc the laser dodging feat from Kinship, i'll pull up a clip of her dodging the satelitte laser

Assaltwaffle said:
All depends on how far the beam moved and how far Bayo moved.
But does he not fire a beam of light out of his chest while Bayo is running? Or am I just miss-seeing?

Oh yeah, he does...

Well, I can calc it, but you would likely need to ask the rest of the staff for input on it.

Gladly

I may need to record the clip myself...meeeeh why does no one record bayonetta clips for optimal calcing purposes???

WeeklyBattles said:
Gladly

I may need to record the clip myself...meeeeh why does no one record bayonetta clips for optimal calcing purposes???
I felt that way about Divinity. No one got a clean straight shot of lightning.

I felt that way about Absa until I realized her lightning is instantaneous.

Doesn't this wiki have a smart guy the highest admin (Antvasima or something) loves tagging when shit gets hot? No offense for you guys, but I think we may need that kind of calm and intellect to solve this. I'm personally excited for a downgrade on Bayonettaverse.

@Mand21

And for the record, there is no one "smart guy". Everyone on the wiki has their own preferences, specialties, and things they're knowledgeable about. Antvasima provides input frequently due to his position and is one of the hardest working members here, but there are questions that he can't answer that I can answer (i.e. who was the final boss of Mega Man Battle Network 4 and why should you care feat-wise?) There are also questions people here can answer that I can't.

Reppuzan said:
@Mand21
And for the record, there is no one "smart guy". Everyone on the wiki has their own preferences, specialties, and things they're knowledgeable about. Antvasima provides input frequently due to his position and is one of the hardest working members here, but there are questions that he can't answer that I can answer (i.e. who was the final boss of Mega Man Battle Network 4 and why should you care feat-wise?) There are also questions people here can answer that I can't.

SORRY, I didn't mean to underestimate anyone. I was just thinking about how I remember one singular person being tagged by Antvasima in several hard situations for input, especially on scientific information.

Consensus among calc group members is that the Bayonetta feat is too vague to use the real speed of light. Someone should ask Danka9 for input.

According to everyone, nothing suggests the beam is the speed of light, and it also goes against the page, apparently.

In what way does it go against the page?

And I can go through the hierarchy of laguna and find multiple instances of angels being stated as using light

The page says you can only use it if there's proof it travels at the speed of light

Here's what it says:

"Furthermore, there are a few criteria which show a beam is NOT real light:

* It is shown at different speeds in the same material

* It is tangible and can be interacted with physically by normal humans
* They do not travel in straight lines (unless you can prove refraction/reflection, see above)

Please note that the opposite of these criteria do not prove a beam is at lightspeed, merely that it could be, should it meet the first list of criteria."

Last part.

@Kep Okay? The attack isn't tangible, does travel in a straight line, and always moves and the the same speed.

"Please note that the opposite of these criteria do not prove a beam is at lightspeed, merely that it could be, should it meet the first list of criteria"

Also, it is tangible, since it can knock you down if you stand there instead of dodging.

Can still be considered light if there are other things that suggest the beam is that fast. If there's nothing that suggests it and the beam is tangible, then it's proven it does not travel at the speed of light.

Then it isn't an issue. Of course an attack in a video game has knockback. That is clearly game mechanics unless it is the only attack with that property.

Let's not argue game mechanics for a feat that only happens in-game.

Also, that is still looking past the issue. The page states the mere fact it doesn't contradict the rules doesn't make it usable. And that is the reason why many, many, ma~ny franchises aren't scaled from light-based attacks.

They can be, but only if there are other criteria, such as a character stating the beam moves at the speed of light or it being made of photons.

Otherwise, only heat damage (which is what lasers do) and the likes are allowed.

They have already been downgraded, so it's kinda too late.

This should be closed, in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back