• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AguilaR101 said:
DB part 2 should be downgraded to sub-relativistic because no one else besides piccolo has a feat that reaches relativistic, Freeza's alleged one comes from a debunked calc.
False.

It's like if Piccolo's feat was Quadrillions c and Whis' feat was Sub-Relativistic rather than the other way around.

The high-end of the Jubileus feat is ridiculous wanked. 1 second when we have a proven, much lower timeframe that wields in 300c.

So, everyone that disagrees is basically Uncertain. Assaltwaffle agrees with the downgrade, I think, and a few people, too.

This reminds me a bit of how Wonder Woman's shattered God feat was once considered an outlier because no other feat was close to it but later feats were found that makes it consistent. Guess what doesn't exist with Bayo?

Also, Low 2-C God of War because it doesn't "contradict" other feats.

4-A DMC.

All rejected, by the way.

Js250476 said:
This reminds me a bit of how Wonder Woman's shattered God feat was once considered an outlier because no other feat was close to it but later feats were found that makes it consistent. Guess what doesn't exist with Bayo?

No.

It's like if the only MFTL+ feat in DC was Wally West's trans-time feat and people scaled all the Justice League to it.

Even Batman.

While I kinda agree with the concept of it not being ok to use feats from a fodder like this, I would also like to point out that it's not a very good place to start by making appeals to realism like this Matt. I mean, fiction does stupid shit, but trying to say that bullets or guns or lightning being used is an indicator of anything significant is kinda.... Ew... But the last part about the 300c is true. Just a nitpick, and I agree with the change's logic and consistency.

But also, it's kinda dubious to start comparing and drawing equivalencies to other verses without acknowledging similar context, so uh, don't bring up Piccolo or Dragon Ball. That verse has it's own consistency problems that make it almost warrant special treatment-- otherwise it would ignore EVERYTHING.

Maybe if there were more Quadrillion c feats, this would be ok. Maybe 1 or two...?

Also, Jubileus's feat is definitely not anywhere near 19,000c. Don't bring this up, since we've already debunked it. The calc assumes the feat lasted 1 second, when it was definitely not even ~30s.

Whenever a fodder-tier performs a feat that is above the god-tiers, we scale them to the fodder

bold should be outlier cuz

i have tried to do same thing but i was told its outlier ( light speed haku,kid naruto etc)

Matthew Schroeder said:
The high-end of the Jubileus feat is ridiculous wanked. 1 second when we have a proven, much lower timeframe that wields in 300c.

why would Jubileus travel back at the same speed she was punched by?

Kepekley23 said:
Also, Jubileus's feat is definitely not anywhere near 19,000c. Don't bring this up, since we've already debunked it. The calc assumes the feat lasted 1 second, when it was definitely not even ~30s.
The above calc assumes 49 seconds, the time it took for her to be punched to Mercury in the first place.

Yes, and 49 seconds is the only legit timeframe that can be ascertained.

Not like it would help, to be honest.

A feat from statement is kinda difficult to tell the consistency of the said feat.

The difference between Jubelius feat with Irenic's is MASSIVE, no matter how weakened Jubelius was.

Agrees: Matthew Schroeder, Js250476, Unite My Rice, Executor N0, Monarch Laciel, Gargoyle One, Amexim, Assaltwaffle, Omimi

Disagrees: WeeklyBattles, DDM

Uncertain: SomebodyData, SaikouTheLewdKing, Presumably The Everlasting

Kepekley23 said:
Yes, and 49 seconds is the only legit timeframe that can be ascertained.

Not like it would help, to be honest.
But that isn't a legit timeframe...

If someone gets punched into something extremely quickly, it doesn't mean that they can travel back at the same speed.

I also mentioned that I disagreed. Nothing suggests that the characters have less combat speed; unless we plan to downgrade Superman and Darkseid due to getting blitzed by Batman consistently. (Joking about that last part, but I still disagree with the downgrade none of the less)

Matthew Schroeder said:
Saikou The Lewd King said:
Your argument is that the verse is "consistently" lower.
Yet, in your own words, there is only ONE MFTL feat. Not sure that this particular argument is legit.
If Cirno had a 1,000,000,000,000,000c feat, and the next best feat of speed in all of Touhou came from Hecatia and was 1,000c, and there was no other faster-than-light feat in the entire verse, would you be okay with scaling everyone to Cirno's feat?

Of course not. That's the textbook definition of an outlier.
Not related to the thread's subject, but if Cirno could go that fast I think the entire fan base would explode lmao.

The timeframe for Jubileus' return should actually be faster than the timeframe of her being punched. Since with these things being punched by an equally strong and fast being would send her going even faster, as this is how acceleration works.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The timeframe for Jubileus' return should actually be faster than the timeframe of her being punched. Since with these things being punched by an equally strong and fast being would send her going even faster, as this is how acceleration works.
So the calc is a lowball?

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I also mentioned that I disagreed. Nothing suggests that the characters have less combat speed; unless we plan to downgrade Superman and Darkseid due to getting blitzed by Batman consistently.

Except Superman has MFTL+ combat and reaction speed feats and neither are "Blitzed by Batman" ever.

Read some actual comics and don't create a strawman.

Superman at his slowest ever is "Faster than a speeding bullet". Batman struggles to bullet-dodge most of the time and his absolute highest feats are Massively Hypersonic which we use cause we're nice.

So, unquantifiably faster than 49 seconds Jubi. In other words, a little faster than 300c.

@Ever

I feel ya, bro. But, as soon as I saw Weekly's opening post, I realized it wouldn't be that smooth.

@Matt, I was joking about that. Anyway, I'm still waiting on DragonMasters.

WeeklyBattles said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
So the calc is a lowball?
I argued the complete opposite. Using 49 seconds is a high-ball. It should be more. The original calc's low-end was literally 30 minutes. And it used 1 minute as the high-end.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I argued the complete opposite. Using 49 seconds is a high-ball. It should be more. The original calc's low-end was literally 30 minutes. And it used 1 minute as the high-end.
Because the original calc didnt measure jubileus being sent flying into Mercury

Weekly and I are basically joking about destroying each other, it's not at all literal, Saikou.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Power doesn't usually translate into speed in fiction. We can have characters who are extremely strong, yet slow, and vice versa. Unless shown that the character's speed fuels their power, like Flash, scaling their speed to their power is completely nonsense.

If I get an animal, say, a frog (sorry froggy for being in my example), and chuck it at 10 m/s, it doesn't now gain 10 m/s speed.

I'm with Matt and the others on this.

A fodder character having a feat far above anything the god tiers have displayed is an outlier.

However, I'm not knowledgeable on the Bayonetta verse so that's all the input I can provide.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Kep not to be rude but you basically eagerly jumping at the occasion to "destroy the verse" as you put it probably doesn't help the mood at all.
The only reason the thread got hostile was Weekly.

"This again? Seriously? How many times are we going to have to go over this before people drop it?"

"Basically, short answer: No Long answer: Not happening"

"I will counter every one of these ****ing arguments because im not letting this happen"

The first three of his posts. If he had just civilly written his response like he is still saying he will this wouldn't have happened.

People need to argue with their minds more and their kokoro less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back