• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of the second fiddles, Vegeta vs. Aquaman.

Since the Goku vs Supes match is going fine, let's try this: Vegeta (Chou, halfway through Black arc) vs. Aquaman (post Crisis).

Rage BoG Vegeta
Aquaman (Post Crisis)
Speed is equalized, who wins? Vegeta has access up to Super Saiyan 2 so both are 4-B.

If this is a stomp in Aquaman's favor I can change the opponent.

Aquaman has some rather potent mind hax that Vegeta seems to have no counter for. As well as fear hax.

Aquaman can also read his mind with his telepathy in order to evade all of his attacks.

I don't think Vegeta has a win condition here.

Vegeta pretty infamously is the only DB character with resistance to Mind Manipulation, so it depends on how potent Aquaman's mind hax actually is. Same for fear hax, seeing as that should be a subset of Mind Manipulation.

I'm not sure about this but I've heard that Aquaman's mind manipulation is on Martian Manhunter's level

Vegeta only resists Baldi trying to control his mind. He doesn't resist telepathy, being induced with seizures, or someone trying to outright break his mind.

Aquaman can also manipulate the minds of dozens to hundreds of animals at once it seems. I'm not sure if that scales to humans or not, but if it scales to his potency, then it certainly sounds more impressive than what Babdi has done.

Fear hax also isn't necessarily a subsection of mindhax. Some might be, but fear hax can also work through aura, spiritual means, etc. There's a reason it's given it's own ability page.

It depends on their hax. I'm no DC expert, I'm just looking at what they have on their respective pages. If they have potent hax that Vegeta doesn't resist, then probably not unless it's OOC for them.

Vegeta only resists Baldi trying to control his mind. He doesn't resist telepathy, being induced with seizures, or someone trying to outright break his mind.

IIRC, Vegeta ignored and cut off Babidi's telepathic connection but I'm not sure if that would work here.

Aquaman can also manipulate the minds of dozens to hundreds of animals at once it seems. I'm not sure if that scales to humans or not, but if it scales to his potency, then it certainly sounds more impressive than what Babdi has done.

Babidi's slaves were 2 Humans, 1 Demon, 2 Aliens and Vegeta so he can mentally control up to at least 6 sapient beings at one time. I ASSUME controlling sapients is more impressive/potent than controlling animals, but this is a pretty shaky field up to interpretation.

Fear hax also isn't necessarily a subsection of mindhax. Some might be, but fear hax can also work through aura, spiritual means, etc. There's a reason it's given it's own ability page.

Okay, but it seems like Aquaman's Fear hax is based on Mind Manipulation, so resistance to Mind Manipulation should enable his opponents to resist his fear hax.

@Cyro

It seems doubtful. In particular since the mind manip that isn't telepathy, namely the breaking of one's mind and inducing seizures, still seem plenty effective.

I also agree that it's rather shaky. Though these animals do include dolphins, if that's worth anything here. And these animals far outnumber the number of sapient beings Babidi has controlled.

Is his fear hax based off of mind manip? I'm honestly not sure, though I wasn't making a point that his fear manip wasn't mind manip in the first place. Regardless, he made every animal on the planet feel fear at once. Even if it's shaky on the whole, sapient beings versus animals, I'm sure that imposing fear upon millions to billions of animals is much more impressive than 6 sapient beings.

No idea. On his profile it says that he made a man commit suicide through fear manip. Other than that, we'd have to ask a DC supporter.

Litentric Teon said:
No idea. On his profile it says that he made a man commit suicide through fear manip. Other than that, we'd have to ask a DC supporter.
It seems like the scans used for his Fear Manip describe how Aquaman flood his victims mind with 'terrifying thoughts' and stuff like that, so I assume his fear hax is, indeed, a subset of his mindhax. Vegeta might be able to resist it, if he can resist Aquaman's other mind hax.

@Cal

Do you know of any other feats of his mind hax? Preferably on humans or animals with human like intellect?

@Cryo

Possible. The whole "made every animal on the planet feel fear" thing still seems vastly above what Vegeta can resist.

Seriously though, how will Goku handle this even beyond that if and when Aquaman takes this to the sea and Goku has to deal with Aquaman level giant squids, sharks, whales, etc.

Vegeta***

Anyways it seems that this far too much for Vegeta to handle, maybe if I change the opponent to FlashƒæÇ

I don't know how putting Vegeta against Flash is any better. If you equalize speed it's kind of a pointless match up since you're taking away Flash's entire thing.

... does Aquaman's mindhax affect Saiyans? I thought you had to be an Earth-based organism for it to apply

The real cal howard said:
Seriously though, how will Goku handle this even beyond that if and when Aquaman takes this to the sea and Goku has to deal with Aquaman level giant squids, sharks, whales, etc.
Goku: FOOOOD!

@Zark

Is that outlined on the profile? I'm only going based off of what's in the profile. So it's possible that either I missed that caveat, or that it's not there.

It's the logic of how his Mindhax function, you have to be an organism who had originated from the sea, you can look up relevant scans and see that is stated.

Though I could be wrong tbh

I honestly have no idea. I'm no DC expert (I only watch the live/animated movies) so I didn't even know his mindhax worked on humans until I saw his profile.

All these matches make me think that the profiles should probably be cleaned up a bit. Unless the information is in some blog that I don't know about.

I guess humans technically descend from sea-based organisms, but I'm not sure if that counts. You also have to wonder if it's all seas or just Earth's seas. Would a Saiyan descended from organisms in Sadala's oceans be mind haxable?

@Schnee

Thank you.

So, at the very least, it does seem like it works on other lifeforms. If he's mindhaxed machines, which don't even count as organisms, then it seems likely he could do so here.

Unless that, combined with the two times he mindhaxed MM are outliers. Which I suppose they could be.

I do know Post-Flashpoint considers alien seas and earth seas alike, I am not sure if Post-Crisis does.

And yes, humans count.

Back