• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of the OPM swordsmen: The really fast hero with a dumb name fights nuclear ronin CONCLUDED

Emirp sumitpo

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
  • Speed equalised
  • Battle is at the ghost town of City Z
  • Win by incapacitation
  • 7-A+ versions are used

Flashy Flash: 3 (RinneItachi, LIFE_OF_KING, Kin201)

Atomic Samurai: 7 (EnderLord8, Great_king_frog, SemiRaedi, Slacjow, ShockingShoes, Epiccheev, Naitodesu)

Genos incinerates both Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Atomic has better range, but Flash has better vigor... AP and Durability are similar, but I think I'm going with the samurai on this one.

FF might have a much better running speed but I have yet to see cutting speed feats on par with Atomic Samurai.
Since speed is equalized I favor AS more, nothing much to discuss honestly.
There's a reason AS is number 4 and FF is rank 13 or something.

Last edited:
While Atomic Samurai is likely more gifted in overall sword skills, that doesn't mean he can beat Flashy with speed equalized. Flashy has much higher acrobatic skills and general finesse, is far more skilled than Atomic outside of armed combat, can create afterimages, and his senses are so high that he can tell someone's exact weight and recognize them just by hearing the sound of their footsteps. On top of all that, Flashy Flash has much higher stamina. The only advantage for AS whatsoever is higher sword skill, but put against all the advantages Flashy has over him, that means almost nothing. Going with Flashy.

Also, S-Class rankings don't matter when they're based not only on overall combat power, but also popularity, and time spent actually defeating Monster's, or rather, their general efficiency as Heroes. Otherwise, Zombieman wouldn't be ranked 8, Child Emperor wouldn't be above Darkshine, Drive Knight also wouldn't be above Darkshine, and Pig God...come on.

Let's also keep in mind that Flashy can literally dodge SAITAMA'S attacks based on the same method AG used, skill difference. It's only partially a matter of speed that lets him dodge Saitama's attacks, but he's still getting blitzed by Saitama regardless, but despite that, he's capable of predicting where he'll attack and can avoid it based on almost only skill alone. Absolutely nothing implies AS is capable of something like that.

Let's also keep in mind that Flashy can literally dodge SAITAMA'S attacks based on the same method AG used, skill difference. It's only partially a matter of speed that lets him dodge Saitama's attacks, but he's still getting blitzed by Saitama regardless, but despite that, he's capable of predicting where he'll attack and can avoid it based on almost only skill alone. Absolutely nothing implies AS is capable of something like that.
would you mind telling us the source your using for the current flashy profile that also happens to not be allowed to intersect with any webcomic feats like any other OPM profile?

I'm gonna vote for Atomic Samurai.

Just from their profiles, they seem to be close to even in strength (in general not AP) when Flashy Flash has his speed (debatable, but it's not as if one of them is a tier above the other). Not to mention that in Flashy Flash's summary it states, "As his nickname would imply, he's well known for his incredible speed," which isn't proof of anything, but is a nice addition to show that Flash relied on his speed quite a bit. Atomic also has the range advantage on this. For Flashy Flash having the stamina advantage, I doubt this would matter in the fight as long as Atomic Samurai can end the fight fast. I don't think it's a stomp tho.

would you mind telling us the source your using for the current flashy profile that also happens to not be allowed to intersect with any webcomic feats like any other OPM profile?
Is that even in effect? If it is then that level of skill would still be debatable but whatever. It doesn't disprove literally any other point in my argument.

We're assuming that AS can just walk up to FF and cut him apart in a few seconds? The argument that he "relies on his speed" doesn't mean he can't do anything when his speed is being matched. He's not going to let himself be hit, he has much more stamina than AS, he's far more agile, and he's massively more skilled outside of swordplay. I don't see how he can't mid diff AS, even with speed equalized, honestly.

Back