• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of the Fatties: Big the Cat vs Guzzlord [CONCLUDED]

First off: "His big body makes him very durable" (Huh????? Is this from a statement or something?) I'm not voting, but looking at Big's profile, I'm gonna list some stuff from it as reasons as to why I wanna know what equipment he has here. To start with:

Standard Equipment: A fishing rod.

Huh. So, looking at Big's powers & abilities....

Forcefield Creation(Of fire and electricity varieties) (How does he do this? Does it require a power-up box or other equipment, like a lot of his other abilities?)

And MORE Equipment-based abilities:

Statistics Amplification (With Speed Shoes, Golden Gloves and Speed Bar), Invulnerability (With the Invincibility Monitor)

Elemental Manipulation (Of Water, Electricity, Ice, Wind, and Earth varieties via elemental Rings)

Fear Inducement (With the Spooky Charm), Resurrection (With Angel Amulet and Ring of Life), Life-Force Absorption (With Nocturne Blade)

Oh, and there's all the colour powers.

Transformation, Fire Manipulation and Explosion Manipulation (With Red Burst and Black Bomb), Vibration Manipulation (With Blue Cube and Gray Quake), Energy Projection (With Cyan Laser and Crimson Eagle), Electricity Manipulation(With Ivory Lightning), Invisibility (With Jade Ghost), Transmutation, Pseudo- Black Hole Creation, Gravity Manipulation, Size Manipulation, and Absorption (With Indigo Asteroid, Violet Void, and Purple Frenzy), Intangibility (With Violet Void), Flight and Levitatio (With Crimson Eagle, Green Hover, Indigo Asteroid, Magenta Rhythm, Orange Rocket, and Violet Void), Void Manipulation (With Violet Void)

AND

Resistance to Poison, Psychic, Water, Absolute Zero Ice, Energy Attacks, Cosmic Radiations and Status Effect Inducement (With the Immunity Idol)

I'm not sure it's enough to make him win, mind you. As I said, I'm not voting, just noticing a LOT of Big's stuff comes from equipment, & I haven't looked at Guzzlord's profile.

So yeah. What equipment does Big have this match? JUST his Standard Equipment?

EDIT: Oh, okay. Just rod & wisps. (Also, cut a copy-paste section for brevity.)

Even though the Wisps aren't in his Standard Equipment, and what Standard Battle Assumptions states about Outside Influence?

I can imagine that while Wisps are characters from the Sonic 'verse, they might be considered part of equipment, but they aren't in his Equipment section, & the only part of his profile that even alludes to them is his "Colour Powers" section, which, much like the rest of his P&A, refers to equipment also not listed anywhere else on his profile, & which is probably optional equipment. That may need to be fixed on his profile, but that's probably for a discussion, not a Versus Thread.

The durability thing comes from Chronicles, he has imunity level 3 in that game

The wisps are standard equipment, only the Chronicles equipment is optional, this needs to be updated to all characters since equipment is missing for all characters

The Sonic characters just carry & consume Wisps everywhere, all the time now? ....Then again, from what I've seen of Sonic Team Racing....

Okay so AP doesn't matter that much. If Big does use his wisps like Violet void, I can see him snagging out a win.

Big is not stupid, he's just simple minded, in Team Sonic Racing he was the only character who realised that Dodonpa couldn't be evil because the Chao and the Wisps were helping him, unlike all the other characters, he also noticed that Zavok was spying on them unlike everyone who didn't notice

@Theuser He thought King Dodonpa wasn't evil because he thought kings are nice (which in politics and history that ain't the case mostly). And that is an outlier so far since he's portrayed as a laid back fatso with no sense of actual intelligence. I mean TSR is the same game where they made Shadow care too much about his rivalry with Sonic.

@MYHERO Having a big heart doesn't mean shit for intellect. If a woman care so much about one's feelings, is she smart?

I just added the big heart as an obvious pun and reference (Sonic paradox) with his name.

And no we are not getting into another silly Sonic debate over the writing on a versus thread, so kindly drop that subject please.

Back