• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of the Fatties: Big the Cat vs Guzzlord [CONCLUDED]

VioletVoid100 said:
@Theuser He thought King Dodonpa wasn't evil because he thought kings are nice (which in politics and history that ain't the case mostly). And that is an outlier so far since he's portrayed as a laid back fatso with no sense of actual intelligence. I mean TSR is the same game where they made Shadow care too much about his rivalry with Sonic.

@MYHERO Having a big heart doesn't mean shit for intellect. If a woman care so much about one's feelings, is she smart?
The main reason was because the Wisps and the Chaos were helping him, and being laid-back isn't the same as being stupid.

Anyways I am also voting for Big now here comes the pokemon people to write a bunch of reasons why Guzzlord wins without caring for what he does in character and just assume that he's going to use his best moves with the perfect strategy

Sigh, considering this thread isn't really going anywhere, I won't stop you two. Discuss to your hearts' content.

Cause he was right by chance? Again it was just him thinking kings are nice. And even if that weren't the case, it's still an outlier and kinda ooc since Big isn't really insightful in past games and most likely in the future. Then again TSR butchered many characters

Big never was dumb though, only simple-minded, he still was right about Dodonpa and figured that Zavok was spying on them, he even piloted the Tornado at the end of his strory in Adventure

The votes are 4-0 to Big

Big was lucky that he was right since he barely pays attention to his surroundings anyway. Also piloting a plane is like Patrick driving a boat mobile and getting his license.

Can we stop using this argument that sonic characters use wisps in character? Most only had it for a racing game, and the line of argument got debunked pretty thoroughly in a past vs thread.

Xerneas is 717 ZT very casually, and Guzzlord scales. Not to mention that he has far superior range than Big to pelt him with stronger attacks, is surprisingly the more skilled fighter out of the two, and for what its worth he will win a grappling battle against Big if Big decides to fish Guzzlord.

^

Frankly I'm uncertain if they should get the Wisps in the first place. I can't think of a single other character from a racing game that gets pickup items like that. Not Mario Kart, not Diddy Kong Racing, not Crash Turbo Racing, not Kirby Air Ride, etc.. Not to mention that villains have access to the same things the heroes have which breaks the canon and questions the validity of it even being more than a gameplay item.

They do use the wisps in character, that hasn't been debunked, at all, that "racing game" was the first time that alot of the characters had acess to them.

Big is also simple-minded, so when he sees his moves not working he will use a Wisp since it's the simpler choice

The wisps are mentioned in the story mode, the villains used it because they were being part of the tournamment

I agree about the Wisps thing.

And since people consider every Sonic game to be canon, in Riders they even explain that the character can easily have access to them during gameplay because they just decided to live on Earth.

If people want to use Wisps in Sonic Racing as an argument, fine. Then Violet Void doesn't negate durability in that game.

Just to note, I'm not voting for Big in any way since I agree with some points of the Pro-Guzzlord side. But AP shouldn't really matter all too much. Casual 717 ZT is impressive, but Big scales to way above 614 Zettatons since the fest was with one Emerald and Sonic could combat with Chaos 4 (and Big could combat against Team Sonic in Sonic Heroes).

Again, AP is the only thing I wanted to mention. Oh, and that Big is an idiot.

Here the characters using the wisps in character in the oficial canon Team Sonic Racing comic, and Cal that's not how it works

Its the latest game. They must've retconned it like how they retconned characters other than Sonic not using the Wisps. Maybe it's a result of the negative energy being removed from them I dunno. Also the characters drive around in a car in battle now.

Except all that you are saying is headcanon, Violet Void doesn't hurt anyone in the game, just like how rocket doesn't turn you into one, etc, it's because it's a racing game, none of the Wisps work like in the other games.

And in Runners Big can use Indigo Asteroid, and his simpler mind will make he use them

Yes, how the Wisps abilities in gameplay are is because of it, they do use them because Big himself mentions them in the cutscenes, even not counting that Big can use Indigo Asteroid in Runners

Also in the comic is very clear that they work diferent than in gameplay, and the comic is canon

Dude, unless you're implying that Christmas Sonic is a different character than Sonic, Werehog Sonic is still a thing, and Mephiles is alive, Big and anyone else who isn't Sonic don't even canonically appear in that game.

Actualy they do appear in the cutscenes of the special events of the game, except for those characters like the Werehog, Mephiles, etc. Also Tails and Knuckles literaly are main characters of the regular story mode,lmao

Here

Back