• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of the All-Seeing: Dr. Gii VS John Taylor

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
No intro.

Speed is equalized and the battle takes place on the Street of the Gods, with the combatants starting at fifty paces.

Third key for Gii, first key for John.

Dr. Gii: 0

John Taylor: 2 (Qliph, Boogie)

Nobody saw the outcome: 0

I haven't even seen him around in weeks, though. Is Redgrave still here?

Celestial was asking me about calc stuff just a few days ago

Same with myself, though I've been more occupied with college as of late around this time.

If you guys ask, yes I've read the series where Dr. Gii comes from too.

I've messaged them both now.

Although if they're around, then at this point I'm not sure how they won't see it anyway, now that the post is actually active.

what is john's opening move and technically I don't see time resistance so would it work if gii reverses his time back 10 years prior and if it would effect how he has his powers (Basically turning john's state and powers how they were 10 years prior) but info reading can help

TISSG7Redgrave said:
what is john's opening move and technically I don't see time resistance so would it work if gii reverses his time back 10 years prior and if it would effect how he has his powers (Basically turning john's state and powers how they were 10 years prior) but info reading can help
He usually starts with his third eye, which is where a good majority of his many (many, many, many...) powers come from. Beyond that, he tends to apply his powers differently depending on the opponent, usually depending on what his eye shows him.

He also does have time resistance:

• (His mind can function under the effects of stopped time. Eventually enhances his coat with precautions against the time-manipulating powers of Larry Oblivion's elven wand)
For reference, Larry's elven wand can stop, reverse and accelerate time, and John's magic protections simply stopped it from doing anything to him.

Although even then, John's powers were something he was born with, so setting him back ten years won't do anything about that.

Same on what John starts with as well. Also it'd be good to know if all of his powers can operate on a higher D scale or not all of them can as I can see at least two that MIGHT do Gii in.

Edit: So he's like Gii where both start by analyzing their opponents, just that John's much better from the looks of it.

huh. Is it possible to power null the kikai though based on what i see it seems to be the case? And he can affect kikai from what i see due to probability I guess based on the profile. Also i just realized u meant second key Gii so he doesn't have right hand of evil to reverse anyway but has his other moves regardless

Qliphoth Bacikal said:
Also it'd be good to know if all of his powers can operate on a higher D scale or not all of them can as I can see at least two that MIGHT do Gii in.
A good chunk of them should be able to due to them simply being applications of his third eye, seeing as said third eye is what allows him to see and affect things on higher-D planes to begin with. The ones that wouldn't would probably be the powers that are based on equipment, like his chaos dice and his aboriginal pointing bone.

Of course, he doesn't use his powers on that level very often, partially because it takes a lot of power for him to do anything on that scale, and using his gift too widely can really mess him up if he's not careful.

TISSG7Redgrave said:
Also i just realized u meant second key Gii so he doesn't have right hand of evil to reverse anyway but has his other moves regardless
Should I switch to his third key...?

i'm not sure. He does have extra resistance in his third key with right hand of evil and more AP but well...even then idk how much it would help in this match. What do the others think should we just go for third key or second key is fine enough?

Right. Considering that then he should have no problem affecting even Gii and his Kikai based on what I'm seeing.

Gii's only options are to burn John or shatter him to particles (or atomize him as his page says) but that assumes John doesn't teleport out of the way or shifts Gii or Porshion somewhere out of his reach.

>Picked Gii thinking the match would be fair.

>Gii only has two options that'll work VS John having a bunch.

Welpface

Porshion's time reversal probably won't make a difference cept making John 10 years younger. If he's anything like his age is at and is still aware he's in a fight, then that'll more than likely provoke him to incap Gii here.

Actually, he'd probably say "thank you", seeing as he spends a lot of time in the series complaining about how he's getting old.

Yeah, that'd probably just give John a reason to put him down. In the Greenverse, time manipulation is a sign that the user is a truly dangerous person, because outside of straight-up deity characters, only the best magicians, sorcerers and technological geniuses in the setting are capable of manipulating time like that.

hmmm i mean that would normally be the case for gii in third key but again its also based on the info. I mean he still has ways to put john down no? Via burning the person in a large scale fire blast or shattering him to particles.

Hmm seems Gii's page says that the Right Hand of Evil can actually allow him to take all of a persons time out instead of 10 yrs being the limit.

I still think John might take this more if only cuz his analysis eye is greater than Gii's and he just has to not get in Porshion's range long enough to incap Gii.

Basically Gii COULD possibly win it but he has to actually have his Kikai hit John to do that. While John can pretty much play hard to catch and probably just BFR Gii or do...that teleport thing his page says.

Btw, why is John's page unlocked for again?

I have no idea. It's been that way ever since I revised him.

Would you believe me if I told you his old profile said he peaked at Tier 4?

hmmmm i guess 10 years was mostly cuz of ati while the other cases just seem to correlate with the 10 years (like lemure). But if he can steal all his opponents time then that's a condition I guess. Though I feel like the fire would do this better cuz of its range and having the same effect of destruction. But I'm guessing John can just gtfo from said fire via teleport no? (Though technically this fire spread through an entire building structure iirc)

I suppose I'll at least change this to Gii's third key. If it doesn't make a difference, then whatever.

Also, I'm going to assume Qliph is voting for John.

i feel tempted to think on how this goes. Due to how fast they seem to draw their moves out i mean this could be a potential incon or in john's favor. He can tamper with gii's thing but the fire could also take them out. I'm not sure because it does seem on a who can hit who but john could teleport out...hmmm

Oh yeah it's been a while with this. Even I felt on wanting to bump this at one point a while back.

Reminds me that I forgot that Gii doesn't HAVE to take all of someone's time as he once reverted this chick back 10 years to a state she was before she became what she is in the main Inganock story. While with Petrovna, she had a weakness Gii found that required him to take all of the formers present away to defeat which he did with his Kikai's new power.

Way I see it, my earlier remark about Gii taking only part of John's time might happen more than Gii taking all of it...unless his Right Eye tells him to take all of it, in which case that might also happen though Gii might be a bit more hesitant to do that.

IDK, still retaining my vote on John for what I said a while back above. And LOL how TF is John still unlocked despite being a Tier 1 xD

No ******* idea. Maybe because literally nobody touches his page except me.

Ya know

Throwing him against one of Celestial's characters....

How would John vs Rimuru Tempest be?

No clue tbh.

Can't be any more one-sided than any other match he's been in.

i mean this isn't one sided at least. So if gii can take all john's time or hit him for real then yeah but john has a similar ability and remind me but he can just snipe away right?

Back