• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of Souls: United Offensive

Soul manipulation doesn't equate being able to damage souls. And again, Shinigami already deal damage to souls. Quincy too. Etc etc, yet the soul of Zanpakutou are never affected no matter what happens. Being able to affect Byakuya is unrelated to, Soul Society souls can "die" if they are hurt enough by somethint that can interact with them.

Eternal Dragons are living beings... unless we consider them golems or something and we consider Seath, which is one but without scales, some undead creature... despite the fact he will die unlike them due to lacking their scales of immortality.

The Demon's Great Hammer is said to be made out of Archtree Wood. Unless there's some important context missing here, I don't see the inorgancy.

Demon's Great Hammer

"Demon weapon built from the stone archtrees."

Even though the dark souls 2 says differently, it's ambiguous

"Great hammer made of unknown materials. Perhaps it is stone, or even wood."

Also from the caduceus shield

"The giant trees in Lordran are distant offspring of the great stone archtrees. This shield inherits their properites, and the wood greatly reduces magic damage."

Warrior's round shield + red and white round shield share this descriptio

There's general stuff about the dragons being described with stone, eg stone scales in the intro

Dragon Greatsword

"This sword, one of the rare dragon weapons, came from the tail of the stone dragon of Ash Lake, descendant of the ancient dragons."

Though they do have bones, dragon bone fist

"The Gods fused the power of the soul with the great bones of the dragons, forming an appropriate core for the giant golem."

Miyazaki also described the ancient dragons as half living, half element

We all just conveniently forgot that Nito can summon his Gravelord Covenant members, some of whom are on the level of end-game Chosen Undead.

did he ever openned with it ?

because if he doesn't , he just get shredded by millions of blades before he can .

First of all, it seems the tree situation has been covered, but just for clarification, the Archtrees are stone.

If he starts with miasma, which several people have told me he has, he get diced and washed and that's R.I.P.

Stone that grows, that is described as wood, and a distant offshot of them exists, which implies living matter unless genetic offshots appear out of nowhere in Dark Souls, and with Wood that apparently inherits its properties helping it reduce magic damage.

Perhaps they actually thought of them as just stone structures, but that's obviously not the case later on. Just being called Stone Archtrees is not very good proof - unless you really think Weeping Willow trees Weep.

Byakuya can still overwhelm with Shikai and Bankai, not to mention using Kido to seal his movements or that of anyone he tries and summon.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Stone that grows, that is described as wood, and a distant offshot of them exists, which implies living matter unless genetic offshots appear out of nowhere in Dark Souls, and with Wood that apparently inherits its properties helping it reduce magic damage.
Perhaps they actually thought of them as just stone structures, but that's obviously not the case later on. Just being called Stone Archtrees is not very good proof - unless you really think Weeping Willow trees Weep.

Byakuya can still overwhelm with Shikai and Bankai, not to mention using Kido to seal his movements or that of anyone he tries and summon.
Yes, but magic trees (stone growing) called stone, and we have no way of knowing how the originals came about, much less any offshoots, so it isn't save to say that Stone Arch-trees aren't stone, it may very well be like stone dragons, whose scales were stone, except with the trees, it would be their bark

I don't see any reason not to think of them as stone. That's what they're called and I've yet got see contradictory statements

Yes, Byakuya's win condition has already been established, we are trying to figure out if Nito has a win condition.

Except they are not magic trees, they are just weird trees. And the mere fact there can be offshots of it, implying biology, is not something to disregard. There's much more pointing to it being biological matter, "magical" as it may be.

And again, I see no reason to take a name as presendece when it is literally related biologically to normal trees, and a name is no indication of anything as we see with very normal trees in our very normal world. You are taking a single thing to outweight more evidence and that's mind boggling.

Uhhh... Nito's miasma can totlaly kill Byakuya, or his summons. I doubt anybody doubted this, the only point of contention was Zenbonsakura.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Except they are not magic trees, they are just weird trees. And the mere fact there can be offshots of it, implying biology, is not something to disregard. There's much more pointing to it being biological matter, "magical" as it may be.
And again, I see no reason to take a name as presendece when it is literally related biologically to normal trees, and a name is no indication of anything as we see with very normal trees in our very normal world. You are taking a single thing to outweight more evidence and that's mind boggling.

Uhhh... Nito's miasma can totlaly kill Byakuya, or his summons. I doubt anybody doubted this, the only point of contention was Zenbonsakura.
I will say this: so long as it is recognized that both sides have a win condition, my job as OP is done

@Lancelot: Dude. It's made of stone. You literally have to go inside one in the first game and it's made of stone. What more do you want from me?

That can also have offshots entirely made of wood. Because it doesn't "make sense", I can also think they are biological in some way a la The Thing.

You could assume that and I won't take that away from you. All I'm trying to tell you is that it is 100% made of Stone.

Until Lancelot (or someone else, if anyone would like to help) finds anything to say they aren't stone, Senbonzakura actually IS in danger. That said, I'm waaaaay more inclined to believe Byakuya demolishes him low difficulty. The likelihood of that over miasma GG is evident in the vote count rn tbh

I am still inclined to not think that is the case at all seeing the other evidence. Plus, destruction of a bit of his shikai is not gonna do anything to Senbonzakura, as Anonymous explained.

I do see Byakuya taking this and abusing his range first.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I am still inclined to not think that is the case at all seeing the other evidence. Plus, destruction of a bit of his shikai is not gonna do anything to Senbonzakura, as Anonymous explained.
I do see Byakuya taking this and abusing his range first.
I understand, and it is your prerogative to be skeptical of any point presented. My point in bringing it up was no that it would actually debilitate Byakuya, but alert him of the miasma, as it'll kill him and it's invisible. If he sees the petals withering away, he'll know about the miasma and take precautions against it

Understood, 5-0 in Byakuya's favor

Well I guess when you put it like that, i have to vote for Byakuya as well. Think of this as an apology for putting him through a bunch of shit in the first Battle of Souls thread.

I've said this before, but Everlasting Dragons lack a concept of life and death. They were literally described as grey before the First Flame brought disparity between life and death. It couldn't be more blatant from the opening cinematic that before the First Flame, duality did not exist.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Well I guess when you put it like that, i have to vote for Byakuya as well. Think of this as an apology for putting him through a bunch of shit in the first Battle of Souls thread.
No apologies need, he lost fair and square. Thanks for the vote and the participation

Sir Ovens said:
I've said this before, but Everlasting Dragons lack a concept of life and death. They were literally described as grey before the First Flame brought disparity between life and death. It couldn't be more blatant from the opening cinematic that before the First Flame, duality did not exist.
That makes sense. The Queen of Izaleth had the Lord soul of Life (evident in the fact that she was almost successful in creating a new Fire), and Nito has the Lord soul of Death (fairly self explanatory). That of course leaves Light Lord soul to Gwyn and Dark Lord soul to the Furtive Pygmy

Back