• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for Strongest Non-Smurf: Iihiko vs Methuselah

The Causality said:
Iihiko should be re-banned imo, literally all of his versus are NLF if not bullshit
How are the matches NLF because I thought changing his Resistances to Power Nullification solve these problems?

Elizhaa said:
The Causality said:
Iihiko should be re-banned imo, literally all of his versus are NLF if not bullshit
How are the match NLF because I thought changing his Resistances to Power Nullification solve this prove?
Mainly because this assuming he is capable of nulling all the abilities of the opponent in each individual versus thread he was involved in. Reinhard vs Iihiko comes to mind IIRC.

It mean it pretty simple only limit his power nullification to feats that has shown.

I do believe there are thread ban and even outright ban to people who cause a lot of NLF or what some called wanking in a vs thread if they are reported.

HammerStrikes219 said:
@Elizhaa The feats that has lihiko involved with Ajimu and literally everyone else who fight against him.
This is how it is. We can't just say he nuliffy an ability if he has no feats of Power Nullifcation for it.

HammerStrikes219 said:
From Iihiko's page for this one:

• Irreversible Destruction: He will also no longer recognize any ability or technique previously used against him as an attack, so even if the power is somehow still functional after being used on him, it will not effect him anyway. However, if Iihiko is defeated, then the damage will become reparable. This ability is ludicrously hard to define by a tier.
So he negates powers by "not recognizing them"?

How does one quantify this?

How can you say if Iihiko can or cannot recognize something as an attack, especially if the ability's potency is of such a greater quality than what Iihiko has shown to reject?

HammerStrikes219 said:
Warren Valion said:
HammerStrikes219 wrote: From Iihiko's page for this one:
He is most likely not been capable of negating the attack itself beyond what his ability was shown to nullify.
Since his power null isn't standard negation, but a power nullfication that stems from him "not recognizing an attack as an attack", I think I would be inclined to agree.

If there is a hax ability with a potency that is far above what he has rejected, how can we say he has the ability to not recognize the ability?

PsychoWarper said:
Thats why I said he doesnt have the feats of negging Mind Hax like Meths.
Honestly, if he had regular power null, I would probably argue it would work.

But negation based on "recognition"? What if something is so strong that it forces him to recognize it?

Paul Frank said:
Oudo's abnormality is not mindhax
It manipulates the electrical signals in your brain
All mind hax in medaka box work directly with the electrical signals in the brain, Medaka Box has no higher mind. Verse equalization makes that exactly the same

All mind hax in medaka box work directly with the electrical signals in the brain, Medaka Box has no higher mind. Verse equalization makes that exactly the same

I don't think that's how Verse equal works.....

I think it does classify closer to Biological Manipulation since most verses seem to do it off a spiritual mind. In verses that do both like 40k and Destiny the difference is actually relevant.

If someone doesn't have a brain to manipulate I don't think verse equalization's gonna fix that.

Wokistan said:
I think it does classify closer to Biological Manipulation since most verses seem to do it off a spiritual mind. In verses that do both like 40k and Destiny the difference is actually relevant.
If someone doesn't have a brain to manipulate I don't think verse equalization's gonna fix that.
Oh, don't missunderstand me. I am not saying Oudo would be able to mind hax beings who lack electical signals in their brain, or lack a brain at all. I am saying that verses that mind hax a "transcendental" mind instead of a biological one would be equalized to be effecting the biological mind with Medaka Box characters, since that is all they have.

If the difference isn't relevant in verse, then probably yeah.

Yeah, although one thing to note about mind hax in medaka box is that it rejects that mind haxing more people = higher potency mind hax. Just keep that in mind

Warren Valion said:
I feel like mindhax via biolgical manipulation would differ greatly from a mindhax that affects a "spiritual" mind.
Well, the mind in Medaka Box is purely biological, so all mind hax work via manipulating the electical signals. If this wasn't equalized, then would mind haxing a spiritual mind even work on them?

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Warren Valion said:
I feel like mindhax via biolgical manipulation would differ greatly from a mindhax that affects a "spiritual" mind.
Well, the mind in Medaka Box is purely biological, so all mind hax work via manipulating the electical signals. If this wasn't equalized, then would mind haxing a spiritual mind even work on them?
I feel like it would, but I also feel like manipulating thier minds through a biological means might bypass an opponent's mental resistance as instead of resisting a foreign mental force, you are corrupting the foundation of their mind.

Anyway, doesn't really matter to darkness incarnate.

I guess that could be true that it somewhat bypasses resistance. On a side note, let's get down to business. Does Methusela often rant about his powers and hype himself up? If so, Iihiko might actually recognize his powers of his own volition.

So medaka box character doesnt have "spiritual mind" or doesnt have soul, or doesnt have higher dimension etc

Pretty sure meth mind hax work

Iapitus The Impaler said:
I guess that could be true that it somewhat bypasses resistance. On a side note, let's get down to business. Does Methusela often rant about his powers and hype himself up? If so, Iihiko might actually recognize his powers of his own volition.
AFAIK he never run off his mouth, he just does the thing he meant and done.

Also, the aura/mindhax is passive, same thing with the attack reflection IIRC.

Back