• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for Dream Island Discussion Thread Again (BFDIDTA): Yeah, what? What do you want?

Can someone do a calculation on a super strong consistent feat I noticed is for the BFDI low tiers?

Dora, Rocky, Stapy and 8-Ball are able to wreck the big jawbreakers, Naily and Clock are able to crack them, and the big jawbreaker Loser was in was able to be completely unscathed at the center of a huge explosion from Remote that launched it far away from Earth! Four needed to travel quite far to reach it a few episodes later. Big jawbreakers are consistently tough, being able to one-shot Taco, be fine after getting struck by Lightning, and are dense enough for sound to not be able to come out of them. How strong was Remote's explosion that launched the jawbreaker into space? How strong is Rocky's acid that nearly disintegrated a whole jawbreaker? How strong is Stapy because he made the biggest instant hole in a jawbreaker with one hit? How the heck is Lollipop more durable than all this?

Wouldnt this be pointless? They are already in the Tier 7 range, and a feat like that only seems to be in the tier 8 range, which they are already above.

But if you really want a value of this, at the very least, the Jawbreakers, which can survive being zapped by Lightning (made of literal lightning), would need to have survived a force of 1.6 billion joules (0.3824091778203 tons), or 8-C.

Also, lifting the Jawbreakers was already much lower than Bubble's LS feat they scale to.

It seems that the only thing to truly base the amount of force exerted if you aren't going by the explosion itself is just that the jawbreaker achieved escape velocity then, right? Also, acid is durability negating, so it doesn't necessarily make sense to ask how strong it is, per say

How much energy it produced to launch the jawbreaker that far, it's escape velocity, something like that. We might get a higher tier 7 rank for the contestants if so many can do more damage to the jawbreakers than Remote's explosion. And I guess acid negates durability now that I think about it, but Woody's tongue didn't get disintegrated, he survived an attack from Naily too, which proves the weakest contestants are superior to the jawbreakers.

@James, few problems. 1. For one thing, all we know is they were in space, we don't really have a distance from it to the earth since the shot is the jawbreaker floating in space, UNLESS we do a massive lowball and put it at the karman line (100 Kilometers), but that isn't going to go so high

2. Considering launching a castle to space was only Low 7-B, I don't think launching a jawbreaker would be that powerful, maybe Low 7-C, but not something like 7-A

I know what youre gonna say, James: "Hey, what about the didtance Four travelled to get Loser in BFB 10?"

No. The Earth was relocated in BFB 8, and the feat happened in BFB 7.

Psychomaster35 said:
I know what youre gonna say, James: "Hey, what about the didtance Four travelled to get Loser in BFB 10?"
No. The Earth was relocated in BFB 8, and the feat happened in BFB 7.
That wouldn't work anyway, the jawbreaker was slowly floating away from Earth for three episodes. Now that you mention the Earth's relocation, WOW, I noticed something! Donut's camera was to the right of Earth, and I flipped my laptop to match the moon's position during Loser's eliminatio, and Four actually traveled in the proper direction the jawbreaker got launched. The Earth actually moved closer to the jawbreaker according to the geography instead of camera angles, meaning Remote's explosion initially launched the jawbreaker even farther than what Four traveled in the clip.

it looks to me like it can be estimated at about a quarter the circumference of the earth in roughly 1 second which would be 6225.25 miles per second = 22410900 miles per hour = ~10018568.736 meters per second = ~3.3418348156% SoL which is faster than robot flower, but still sub-relativistic. please feel free to double check all of this, as I don't do calcs

400,000 KM was in an entirely different context, all we know is that Loser's jawbreaker was floating into space, we don't have a real distance. going by the feat itself of Four flying I got around 44716 KM, which is nowhere near 400,000. And like I said before, considering a castle going to the moon only got Low 7-B, a jawbreaker wouldn't get anything that would get an upgrade

yeah TPOT is meant to be the higher production show whereas BFB is meant to be able to be cranked out one after the other similarly to the original BFDI

Eventually, you'd begin to realize TPOT is the new Cleveland Show, except its the opposite of it.

At least it will be, as it behaves in arcs whereas modern BFB (after Episode 16) just became the modern Family Guy which caused relationships to be ruined.

BFB 18 Spoiler
Losing Team: X Colored Team, if you are wondering how, Taco just pushes Flower off thinking shes the damn mexicano and she crashes to the support, toppling the yellow tower over.
Eliminated: Balloony: Blandant.

Overall, episode was decent. I have voted Firey to be safe for the sake of a priority, and it was at least much better than the last episode.

are my posts appearing as collapsible spoiler tags for you? because they are just appearing as blank for me

BFB 18 Spoiler
Yay, BFB has lore again! Also, Four finally screeched again! This was an amazing episode. Also Gelatin was revealed to have been on probation in the past, my goodness. This was my reward for finishing the Kirby page on the Kirby Metagame Wiki, my own new wiki. At the end I was like "get the heck out of here Spongy" but then I realized it was for who to save so I quickly switched my vote to Woody.

BFB Spoilers
I think this episode cemented an ability that I've always advocated Four having, but was never really vocal about it because it was always able to be described through other means. And that is what I'd call perspective manipulation. In short, the idea of, per se, plucking an object from the background and bringing it to the foreground or just moving it around the background. this is shown when four grabs blocky out of the air from the foreground.

BFB Spoilers
I wouldn't give gelatin stealth mastery until that becomes an explicit trait that he actually has. In this episode the fact that they didnt recognize gelatin was more PIS than anything. plus, gelatin actually did get caught when he impersonated loser, so there's that.
also, yeah I would be on board with pencil getting hammerspace

Back