• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for 5th Strongest 1-B: Alovenus vs Thanatos

They both can trascend endlessly so that cancells out for most parts

though, Aloveus lacks resistace to mind maipulation, so Thanatos can win via either that or via sheer layers of potecy

standard D&D resistaces cover Aloveus's stuff

Problem is that Alovenus doesn't just Trascend endless, she complete exceeds the Dimensional Heirachy to be Low 1-A. How high does Thanatos reach?

except she doesn't start in her Low 1-A key

also, Thanatos has no upper bound in terms of trascedace but cannot reach infinity

also also, Thanatos has 1-A stuff via Far Realms magic [mostly Madness stuff]

Mind manipulation won't work, Alovenus passive plot hax nulls it. As long as she believes she is the strongest, her ability makes it so.

Even if someone else has the same ability she just transcend them a 1000x faster.

I don't know shit about Thanatos, but can't Alovenus just immediately transcend into Low 1-A, or is that banned here?

She doesn't really need to, as long as she believes i am stronger than you, she becomes stronger than him, and even if he does the same thing, she does it way faster.

Her belief that his unusual abilities won't work, also makes his hax useless, though obviously not the 1-A stuff he seems to have.

She would blitz him before he gets it off though.

Even if he did have it, wouldn't make a difference. Both Ruphas and Alovenus have it, and it's meaningless in their battle, all that matters is their ego.

Alovenus and Ruphas manipulate settings, providence and logic to make themselves the strongest. They both resist such things, all that matters is who has the stronger ego, as long as 1 believes they are stronger than the other, they become so.

I never said that though? I just said Thanatos would never get the chance to use it due to being blitzed.

She will be like a 100x faster in an instant, then next thing you know she is infinitely faster, then infinitely, infinitely etc etc.

Concept manipulation? The ability to win regardless of the process? The ability to inflict the defeat condition on the opponent? The ability to erase everything with a glance? The ability to seal all attacks and render the opponent incapable of taking defensive actions? Possession? Mind hax?

His resistances are irrelevant cause she will ignore them, and as i have been stating repeatedly, its all a matter of ego for her, just like she can will herself to be stronger than him and his abilities not to work, she will just transcend his resistances.

Amps are allowed, also getting haxed assumes Thanatos starts with 1-A hax, which even if he did, fight starts Alovenus gets faster than him.

Haven't even gotten to priority ranks which makes it so even if 2 abilities happen at the same time, Alovenus ability will happen first.

Prio ain’t working on a 1-A attack anyway.
Also I don’t see how she negates the resistances? What’s the argument “She just can?” Is it plot hax?

She negates the resistances because she transcends him and his resistances faster than he could transcend her. At least, that's what I understood.

Not to mention, she has amps here. The only real way he could win is through 1-A fuckery, and that is only if he uses it first.

Ok does he start with it? If he doesn't she will be so many infinities faster before he actually does.

Alovenus can explicitly ignore resistances, plot hax/transcendence is just a bonus on top.

He probably would.
Transcendence which is still lower then his hax, and about as fast.
Also lasts time I checked D&D resistances are a fair bit above baseline, she ain’t negating those.

Not he would, does he? It's a yes or no. Only the 1-A hax is higher, which you haven't proven he starts with.
Unless his hax resistances are also 1-A, then yes she is negating them.

Amps are allowed, also getting haxed assumes Thanatos starts with 1-A hax, which even if he did, fight starts Alovenus gets faster than him.

Haven't even gotten to priority ranks which makes it so even if 2 abilities happen at the same time, Alovenus ability will happen first.
Ya speed is still equal, you can't just say it won't.

Yeah. He would.

Also how would she, his resistances are again above baseline. She ain’t just ignoring them just because.

What do you mean by "Above Baseline"? The moment that she becomes higher than him in terms of transcendence, those resistances are moot.

Also, how do you know that he will use his 1-A stuff? Is it in character for him?

Prove it, when has he started with 1-A hax?
Above baseline is meaningless, have you read what I said about how her abilities work? As long as she believes she is stronger, she becomes so, his hax and abilities minus the 1-A one are useless.

Last edited:
If he actually started with 1-A hax, i would be shocked to see him so low on the list, should probably make him above everyone besides the Umineko 1-A+ smurfs, or I/O, though don't remember if they have any smurf hax.

2 for Alovenus.

Ruphas and Alovenus are interchangeable could have used either one, will use Ruphas next match.

@M11UTD Yup, she adapts to whatever her opponents level is, making herself stronger

They seemed to be evenly matched…No, they were actually evenly matched. As long as both parties kept repeating “I’m stronger” in relation to the other party, there could be neither superiority nor inferiority between them. Now that they had reached the highest possible form of being the “strongest”, this battle could only result in a stalemate.

It was a simple equation that even a child could understand. When it was a matter of infinity versus infinity, there could be no answer as to which of them was superior. At least, that was how it should have been.

However, Ruphas began to push back with her sword, while Alovenus showed signs of impatience on her face for the first time.

This is strange. I can’t possibly lose. I can’t be pushed back.

She should have been increasing her power according to her opponent. Naturally, Ruphas was doing the same thing, but while she was doing so, Alovenus was also repeating it. Therefore, they should be neither superior nor inferior. -Chapter 188

Even if her opponent does the same thing she does it a thousand times faster

“Let me start with the conclusion…My power is infinite. I can overlay settings over pre-existing settings. For example, let’s say you somehow acquired unusual abilities and powers in order to defeat me. Then, I can simply resolve that like this. ‘Your unusual power won’t work on me, and I can still defeat you with one finger.’ Do you think this is ridiculous? Yes, that’s right. I won’t deny it. However, such an inexplicable statement can sometimes be stronger than a never-ending exchange.”

“Infinite speed? I see. How amazing. Then, I’ll answer thus, ‘Infinite speed before me is nothing more than one, and I’m one hundred times faster.’ If you have infinite power, then I’ll say, ‘Even that infinity is just one, there is always another infinity beyond.’ If you go beyond that, I’ll simply say that there’s even more beyond. If you say that you’ll become infinitely stronger and stronger, I can simply make myself become infinitely stronger, but at a rate one thousand times faster than you.
So what will you do next? An instant death attack that kills the opponent just by facing them? An ability to take away all of the opponent’s powers just by being present? A trait that always makes you stronger than your opponent? Turn back time to undo events? Become a resident of a higher dimension and toss away the opponent’s settings like a piece of waste paper? The power to nullify all kinds of abilities? An invincible barrier that can reflect any attacks at several times their original power? A constitution that manipulates the concept of victory and ignores the process to attain absolute victory? A cheat that instills the concept of defeat into the opponent to ensure absolute defeat for them? Or pure, unrivaled power that can penetrate and kill everything without exception?
Whatever is fine. Please use them until you are satisfied. They wouldn’t work anyway.”-Chapter 186

There was also stuff about if her opponent hits with like an immeasurable amount of power she does immeasurableximmeasurable, and if her opponent goes beyond that then it's immeasurableximmeasurableximmeasurable. Basically whatever she comes up against, she surpasses.

Anyway 3 for Alovenus i assume.

I will also vote for Alovenus. while Thanatos' page is outdated(is missing many of his resistances, and some powers) from what I know he does not to start with his 1-A stuff, and is not as trigger happy as the Gods, or PCs when it comes to using their 1-A hax.

Also from what I can find he does not have resistance to plot manipulation unless someone can link a spell or power that has plot manipulation and a saving throw, he can't do anything to counter the passive plot hax.

Well the plot hax is more so reactive evolution, already listed on their profiles, and explained here. Thanatos could resist plot hax, but that doesn't stop Alovenus from increasing her own power.

Ruphas and Alovenus power increase according to their opponent, they think they are stronger than their opponent and they become so, hence why if they faced someone with infinite speed, they would be a 100x faster, someone with infinite power, they would be infinitely stronger, faced a passive ability which causes instant death, doesn't work etc.

4 for Alovenus.

Back