• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for 5th place 4-B, Classic Strange vs Elder Titan

Oh? Huh, i thought that was just for souls, not for concepts, my b

Though thats still Low-Godly regen than Titan can neg so Strange would still be dead

Yeah it's just for anything binding, so Mid's like absolutely nothing

Would still qualify for low, though. Did he kill them just with his normal matter thing, or destroying the concepts that bind them?

Isn't Strange has some invisible auto shields?

Anyway, I believe Strange is more versitale, and has more means to put Titan down. Vote for Strange.

Also, I assume that Titans abilities are magic based?

Versatility doesn't mean much when some of the methods aren't in character or won't affect Titan or impede him thanks to his immortality, especially types 8 and 9

Nothing in his lore states that he uses magic, at all

I'm not familiar with his lore, just assumed based on his page (Magic). Anyway, some of Stranges abilities can BFR Titan or seal, or smt. And its not like Strange has an established inc methods of starting fight. So, he can raise up his shields, throw some spells at Titan (all at the same time via multicasting), see that it doesn't work, and pull out his big guns. If shields won't work, he can absorb, reflect, or nullify incoming attack. And he can fuse with Eternity, and make himself invulnerable, and so on. Also, he should be able to sense, via Enhanced senses, that Titan is a powerfull opponent right off the bat.

BFR and sealing won't do anything as if strange tries that another version of titan just instantly replaces the original

Shields won't help against a thought based attack and by the time Titan thinks Strange won't have time to pull out stronger spells or fuse with anyone

Compares to the things strange fights on a regular basis Titan's physical power is actuslly not that great

But his page saying that via EncSen his is capable to quickly sense magical phenomenon and distortions in space/time as well.

Also, now that I think about it, isn't Matter Manip a sub-power of Reality Warp? I mean, if you have resistance for RW, shouldn't you have res for MM as well?

Unless he can detect Elder Titans from different planes of reality that are normally hidden, he won't be seeing that coming. Also his senses only work on magical stuff based on his profile.

It isn't just matter manip that Strange has to worry about, it's his conceptual manip that can unmake the abstract beings aka The Fundamentals such as Enigma

But wasn't all this thread focused on about Titan oneshoting Strange via Matter Manipulation? Weekly said that is what he do inc.

Not sure about detection, pretty sure he can, but all search for that.

On RW page the examples include MM. I do understand the difference, I don't understand how can you be resistant to RW but not to MM.

Because we do not consider RW a blanket resistance to every superpower that exists. They need explicit feats of resisting mm to be able to have an argument made for them

Hmm. I see. I thought it's the same as with time manipulation. Resist to it means resist to time stop and time bfr-s as well.

Back