• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for 3rd strongest 10-A (part 2): Sabrina Spellman vs Mikoto Tsuruya

Scenario 1 Sabrina is MFTL+, though.

Also, Immortality type 2 means that doesn't kill her and emergency time stop is triggered.

From what I remember of Sabrina, which is little, she is really not keen on abusing her hax that much at all.

I mean, abusing which hax?

Teleportation and freezing are her standard reactions and pineapple transformation is what she does when panicking.

Immortality and time stop are automatic, so she doesn't really have to abuse those.

I give it to you that she doesn't Physics Manip people out of existence usually, but that isnt the subject here.

I mean that she doesn't just insta-hax and use her abilities that much right away. She would definitly give her enemies a few seconds of time before she starts using her abilities.

I disagree. We don't see her fight much, but when she has demonstrated using her abilities plently fast the moment things don't go her way. And considering that in this scenario she actually is intent on fighting and willing to kill that should be even more the case. On the opposite she has never shown to use anything but magic to fight, unless the situation didn't allow for magic.

Time stop is when she feels threatened. She should feel plently threatened if someone freezes her alive.

Pretty sure AZ will stop even her atoms, so she won't feel the threat towards her. Unless you can prove she can feel threatened while frozen.

Sabrina and other witches stayed sentient while turned into inanimate objects on several occasions. E.g. in the last episode her aunt Zelda was turned into a candle and was hence unable to take any action. None the less she evidently was still sentient.

As such we can conclude that their consciousness can keep working even if it physically shouldn't. (i.e. they have a non-physical consciousness)

DontTalkDT said:
Scenario 1 Sabrina is MFTL+, though.
Also, Immortality type 2 means that doesn't kill her and emergency time stop is triggered.
That seems like it's only as a movement speed with vacuum cleaner. Similar to how i can be mach 10 if i get on a jet.

What happens after time stop? Though what's to say she won't die? I mean im pretty sure getting decapitated isn't even remotely the same as your atoms stopping.

I mean, it's MFTL+ flying through space. Pretty sure we have given characters combat speed for that before.

Time stops and eventually she warms up and gets unfrozen. Or she can just transform her body into fire, which is one of the few things she can do based on thoughts alone.

Well, what happens if she freezes people? If they just become ice statues with everything stopped at an atomic level I would argue type 2 immortality survives that. If their atoms are known to collapse or something, I can see her dying.

Yes but it's usually if the character themselves move that fast. Not if they hop on an object that moves that fast.

Warms up in frozen time? And she can think when all of her atoms are frozen?

Well we don't know. It has only been used once on pannel, and that time it was resisted. But she was creating ice everywhere.

Why would that make a difference? Well, we can just focus on the speed equal debate.

Given that people don't freeze or heat to death in frozen time presumably their bodies are still exhanging heat with the surroundings. That's the part of timestop nobody usually thinks about.

And yes, as said she can think even if she has no physical brain at all, like when turned into a pen or a candle.

If she has no showings of the actual effect I personally stay in the camp of Sabrina probably surviving that.

It does because it's flying through space. Not combat. Then we go back to the jet example i gave earlier.

Not really. You don't freeze or heat to death. Because no heat waves are reaching you, but similarly your body is not giving off heat. Or at least it shouldn't, a major logic gap authors don't think about. But doesn't mean we should apply logic when it's clearly not applied. Otherwise i will say everyone is blind during time stop for well.. obvious reasons. Or that they can't move because the particles around them don't move.

Mikoto's AZ froze 15mil degrees fire, so a candle won't help.

Actually, I realized this just now, but isn't Sabrina starting outside Mikoto's range?

Firephoenixearl said:
Not really. You don't freeze or heat to death. Because no heat waves are reaching you, but similarly your body is not giving off heat. Or at least it shouldn't, a major logic gap authors don't think about. But doesn't mean we should apply logic when it's clearly not applied. Otherwise i will say everyone is blind during time stop for well.. obvious reasons. Or that they can't move because the particles around them don't move.
Yeah, but that's the point. Sabrina moves during time stop i.e. her biological functions work like normal. Obviously time stop isn't really thought through, but that's the reason why I doubt that temperature would stay constant instead of interacting with her surroundings like normal.

Not that it matters, because Sabrina can, as said, turn into fire.

Firephoenixearl said:
Mikoto's AZ froze 15mil degrees fire, so a candle won't help.
The point wasn't that a candle should warm stuff, the point is that Sabrina can think without a brain. A candle can't think via a physical process 'cause it is a candle. Hence freezing her body shouldn't stop her thoughts either since she doesn't need her physical brain to think.

Well it's light. Are both out of line of sight or in line of sight?

That feels a bit like cherry picking tbh. When we know logic doesn't apply, we shouldn't really apply logic only to specific things unless it's clearly obvious it applies. Though it does kind of sadden me to see that authors fail on what is essentially 9th grade level physics.

No you said "she can transform into hot stuff to neg AZ" above. That's why i said "she needs to transform into the core of the sun to do that" (even hotter than that actually but eh).

Well, 4 km almost at the horizon. On a flat obstacle free surface she would technically be barely able to see her, but she would be so small that I'm not sure she would recognize her. Since this happens in central park the surface isn't perfectly flat and obstacle free of course, which means it's actually outside her line of sight.

Oh, you meant her turning to fire to melt it, not something relating to a candle. Well, the heat would accumulate, as heat does in the presence of something colder. And Sabrina also has star level magical power to turn into heat, soooo....

Kinda sceptical that matter would stay frozen in the first place if you transmutate it into fire.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Am leaning to Sabrina on this, unless there's actual cases of frozen people breaking into pieces.
...Absolute zero is a state where your atoms are so cold that they fall apart.

Since she knows that she has to fight her.... yes, I think so.

In which case just Utakata is left.

DontTalkDT said:
Since she knows that she has to fight her.... yes, I think so.
In which case just Utakata is left.
I doubt Utakata has a win con. At best he can just reverse anything GER style. Not worth making the fight.

Back