• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for 1st 9-B: Enlil vs MSPA Reader

In this context he starts with a combination of physical and informational attacks while gaining control of their surroundings via hacking. They also sometimes start with the flood, but that's usually when they are going for either mass destruction or trying to take out a grand scale foe

Almost all their abilities are information manip in some way, just due to the cosmology of I/O and how it is defined, but when I said informational attacks I was refering specifically to:

Information blasts: Capable of creating powerful information blast that attack the enemy. This attack is purely informational, rendering any tangible ways to protect useless. These attacks can take various forms depending on the preference of the one using them, or a needed modification for a given senerio

The sword strikes are melee, the information blasts are not. Either way, can his BFR even bypass their information shields, or stop Enlil from just reorienting cyberspace to return them to the previous spot?

I mean, he teleports people to 1-A/Low 1-A areas. Coming back isn't really an option with that range.

How do shields work?

The Wright Way said:
I mean, he teleports people to 1-A/Low 1-A areas. Coming back isn't really an option with that range.
How do shields work?
Is that just the range or its potency too?

Information shielding that shut out interference unless you have the necessary info manip to bypass it. They negate hax as a consequence

It's touch based. He touches you and you both teleport to whatever they wants to bring you. Then they teleport away, leaving the opponent stranded. Usually in a 1-A location, such as the Green Sun.

If he's taking the fight even remotely seriously, yes.

Potentially I think that could be work, but honestly, that doesn't do much to stop Enlil from just putting up another shield, likely several this time around if they didn't already before. We don't actually know how many shields each I/O character puts up individually, just that its pretty standard to have a few up

Anyways, if that doesn't work, than Reader can just teleport away to grab some of their 2-A friends, having them gang up on him while he uses Plot Manipulation.

Of course, that's assuming that Enlil doesn't land a blast on him first.

If he teleports in other characters in that manor its outside help, you have to specifically have summoning as a power to have it not be Outside help iirc.

Its the same reason Superman cant just call up the justice league to come and help him.

What can Enlil do against Fate/Causality/Plot stuff? Since MSPA doesn't necessary need contact, as shown with Sollux when he just said "meh, it's fine".

Also BFR seems like a legit option, he already used it before. He could just, like, teleport to Enlil, then BFR him.

How strong are the info shields? Idk if it helps, but Retcon Power are above the High 1-B/Low 1-A Light Aspect, which include the concept of information.

The plot hax work basically the same as every others Retcon-based powers on his profile, since they all are plot-based. He can basically do TP, BFR, causality/fate stuff but on a narrative level.

Also Idk if it's considered as a legit way to win, but MSPAR can teleport to a past Enlil (if he has a weaker self) and kill him or change what he was supposed to become. Going to people's past and messing with it via Retcon Powers is a strategy already used in Homestuck.

Back