• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baseline 9-B Tournament Round 5 - Kaname Sudo vs Miss Militia

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Quite the thematic match we've found! Speed equalized, fighters start with nothing in their hands and are 20 meters apart. Fight takes place in an abandoned household.

Kaname Sudo - 0

Miss Militia (Bakuda bombs, High 8-C stuff, and the nuke are restricted) - 0

Incon - 0

They start 20m apart in an abandoned household? In each others field of view?
Sounds like a quick draw contest. I guess Miss Militia probably wins, assuming she can produce her weapon faster than the 1 second Kaname needs.

Last edited:
I'll comment more after I sleep, but I should say that when Kaname starts a fight, he always moves as he summons weapons, so he won't stay still. Weapon summoners aren't uncommon in his verse so he's fought those, same for skilled gunners in general. He also has fought in tight spaces such as offices, ship cabins, hotel rooms and classrooms and such, so an abandoned house won't trouble him. Finally, he's grown to be very agile and quick of his feet, able to spar against professional martial artists and maneuver inside jungles and ruined buildings with ease.

They're standing in an hallway, but they can both quickly dive into a room they start close to if they choose. I think that makes the fight more interesting.

We can't restrict standard equipment, unless we don't want this match to be added to profiles.

I'm just restricting optional equipment and stuff that's at a certain tier

Kaname has a pistol in his standard equipment, so he can't start without anything in his hands. Unless you mean he has to draw it yet.

I see some differences between what each of them can summon.

The main thing MM has that Kaname doesn't is the flamethrower and harpoon gun. On the other end, Kaname has various grenades, more melee weapons and a shield.

If Kaname instantly dives into cover while MM starts shooting, she definitely has her momentum going.
I think in a relatively limited area like an abandoned household, without really sturdy stuff cover, MM could win by spamming her grenade launcher and keeping Kaname on his toes.

Kaname starts with a weapon, while MM doesn't, which would give Kaname the likely first shot. So I don't think he would hide immediately, though maybe some cover by summoning the shield. He can summon his own stronger weapons as well, like grenade launchers or machine guns, while using his higher mobility to maneuver around. And again, Kaname has a lot of experience in fighting in narrow areas; the abandoned household isn't a problem for him.

Weapon summoners and gunners are very common in Darwin's Game, Kaname knows how to fight and handle them. Throwing grenades while using cover; using his mobility to avoid or close in on enemies; summoning multiple weapons at once for more options; using faints, baits and covers all the while firing bullets to destabilize; using the environment and topology of the area to his advantage. He has won fights while outnumbered, aim-dodging is very recurrent for him, he's grown to be analytical during fights to the point of coming up with scenarios and plans mid-fight, and he can even fight while injured.

I read again Kaname's fights that took place in corridors, and yeah, he's very agile. He can take on gunners and martial artists alike in tight spaces and dodge attacks, using the area to his advantage, be it doors, furniture, stairs, even just the walls for maneuverability. His ability to self-momentum helps him even more in such places, and he's trained so much to the point he can rush toward and take advantage of the slightest opening.

....I don't like simply saying "For the Reasons Above", but from what I've read, GoldenScorpions seems reasonable. I don't think I've thoroughly analyzed both profiles enough, but I'll tentatively vote for Kaname, given what I've read so far.

That'll be grace. I'm gonna wait for grace to end before considering the match over and continuing the tournament since Wokistan hasn't posted here.

Alrightio. Personally, I feel it's a bit unfortunate that nobody debated in favor of Militia, since I'm sure she has feats that are at least on par with Kaname, but it just be like that sometimes

Back