• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Base Thor vs Cloud Strife

This is hard. On one hand, Cloud is faster than Thor's base speed. On the other, Thor flies and spams lightning.

Thor is potentially Galaxy-level in durability so he would probably fly away and boltspam or godblast Cloud once he finds out he isn't whacking much with his hammer, if at all.

Thor 6/10 for me.

Ok now I gotta say Cloud on this one. Cloud is Faster and can dodge anything Thor throws at him, if Thor does manage to him him enough it'll activate Cloud's Limit Break and Thor would get Omnislashed. I say Cloud 9/10 difficulty.

Question.

Can Cloud fly?

Can he survive in a vacuum?

What's stopping Thor from just busting the planet while Cloud wails on his higher durability and flies away to do omnidirectional lightning blasts?

Ok...so...question"S".

Cloud cannot fly. I am unsure if he can survive the Vacuum. What's stopping Thor from busting the Planet? I'm pretty sure that Thor isn't gonna destroy the planet unless he HAS TO! I'm sure he usually wouldn't go that far.

Well, if I remember correctly, Cloud was calculated as a much higher part of the tier than Thor, and Thor is generally portrayed as far below solar system level in the first place. In addition, Thor is officially very slow. However, if he starts far away from the ground, he could just bust the planet Cloud is standing on.

Antvasima said:
Well, if I remember correctly, Cloud was calculated as a much higher part of the tier than Thor, and Thor is generally portrayed as far below solar system level in the first place. In addition, Thor is officially very slow. However, if he starts far away from the ground, he could just bust the planet Cloud is standing on.
I feel like this sums up the fight, for the most part.

@Antvasima: Same here. Also i just checked their profiles and Cloud actually stomps Thor physically-wise (unless we were to use Thor at his peak, taht is). That and Thor is only MFTL+ with his hammer. I do agree that if he starts far away or even in space, Thor could just bust the planet that Cloud is on since it doesn't say taht Cloud could breath in space or anywhere similar to it, nor does his profile say taht he can fly.

Thor is actually only MFTL+ in flight speed. In movement speed he is only officially as swift as Spider-Man at best.

Antvasima said:
Thor is actually only MFTL+ in flight speed. In movement speed he is only officially as swift as Spider-Man at best.
Really? I only see MFTL+ travel speed with his hammer.

Well, perhaps we should adjust his speed from Unknown to the same level as Spider-Man, along with any other characters that received the same rating in the handbooks?

Antvasima said:
Well, perhaps we should adjust his speed from Unknown to the same level as Spider-Man, along with any other characters that received the same rating in the handbooks?
If that's what you want to do based on the official handbooks, then aite.

Isn't there a bunch of people on the planet they'd fight on. The fight either takes place on Earth or Termina (I think the FF VII Planet is called). So Thor would just blow up the planet like that. I've never heard of Thor playing that cheap.

Back