• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a revision thread before, Archie Sonic's black hole feat was downgraded from 4-A to 4-B.

However, it is very likely that this feat should be counted as an outlier. It was a one-time feat that his base form has never showcased again before or since.

I'm pretty sure Base Sonic is usually depicted as Tier 8 throughout the majority of the comics. A lot of the supposedly 4-B characters have been harmed by falling debris, bullets, and much weaker things.

I'm aware that there are a lot of these instances for characters such as Thor and Hulk. But my point is that for THOSE characters, they are clearly being nerfed, and have MANY CONSISENT Tier 4 feats.

For Archie Sonic, it is the opposite. They have one Tier 4 feat, and consistent much lower level feats.

In the case of Super Sonic, him being 2-A is legit. He defeated Solaris, who was going to devour the space-time of the multiverse, he was going to recreate the multiverse, he fought and defeated a being who transcended the limitations of the multiverse...

Super Sonic has shown lower levels before, however, he is MORE CONSISTENTLY 2-A. More importantly, unlike Base Sonic, he has more than ONE.

With Base Sonic, he has one 4-B feat, and never shows anything like it again.

I'm not saying it's an outlier because it far exceeds previous showings. Or that his feats from onwards are lower. There are 4-B characters who usually 5-B or even High 8-C. However, the point is that they have plenty of high-level feats.

With Sonic, he performs one feat, and never replicates this kind of power before or since.

However, as to avoid another Sonic Profile having an Unknown rating, I'm asking for anyone reading to please find any High-level feats for Base Archie Sonic. Or at least a more consistent level of power to scale from.

Also iirc he didn't stop the black hole he reversed the gears in the machine and made it implode before the Black hole could even form

Also there was that time he ran across a country to attack Eggman's armor maybe we could get KE from that

Random1201 said:
Yeah, that's my point.

This is the robot created to destroy the dial. He made a big deal about it destroying a mountain. Also, they were going to destroy it using nuclear bombardment.

And the cross-country feat is likely somewhere between 7-C to 7-A

And Knuckles is capable of lifting a city and a power plant.

Archie Sonic's Base Form seems more consistently Tier 7 than Tier 4.

Also, as Js stated, he likely didn't even match the force of the black hole itself. So it might not even be legit in the first place.

Also I don't think it scales to Sonic but Shadow without his inhibitor rings was said to be able to tear a city apart so it seems the most consistent

Js250476 said:
Also I don't think it scales to Sonic but Shadow without his inhibitor rings was said to be able to tear a city apart so it seems the most consistent
No, Shadow without the rings is Chaos Shadow, who is 2-A for briefly overpowering Enerjak.

This form also is a result of fully tapping into the Chaos Force, which gives the Super Forms and Enerjak their power. So Chaos Shadow is legit 2-A.

Another point is that the 2-A feats are more clear and explicit. The 4-B feat is debatable for even being credible. As we don't even know how Sonic matched the force to being with.

Oh right forgot about that just pointing out a particular feat with it and I don't think base Sonic scales to that form at least

I know. But my point is that they clearly show the 2-A feats as legit 2-A without any bullshit.

The 4-B feat is incredibly shaky. We have absolutely no idea how much force Sonic countered because th black hole wasn't created yet.

Okay probably when he gets the chance if there's anymore feats you know of you can post them here to

I had no problems with their 4-B rating, but if there were problems with said feat then i will try to rewatch that part and try to find feats for both Base Sonic's.

No. Archie Mega Man is also a separate continuity from the game. In fact, Mega Man shouldn't be scaled to Archie Sonic anyway. He's 4-B for fighting him. But this is only from a crossover and has never performed an in universe feat of this magnitude.

Archie Mega Man is likely Tier 8 to 7 as well.

Iirc Dr Light said something about Megaman destroying countrys in the comics but that's all I've got from him other then Gamma being able to stop large scale earthquakes

Also no that's not how that works especially since there different continuity's all together it's like me saying DCAU Superman should be as strong as Post Crisis Superman

Dude, that's not how that works.

It's a completely separate continuity. They are only judged by feats in their own universe. Not by feats from completely separate continuities for no other reason than "because they should".

Boom!Sonic is only 7-C.

I just looked at those panels,there's an obvious black hole opening up & Sonic's countering it (4-B) ,besides if Sega Adventure Sonic scales to Sega Chaos 6(5-B) then Archie Adventure Sonic would scale to Archie Chaos 6 who was powered by 6 Super emeralds(at least 2-A),or that a single emerald warps 2 timelines simultaneously & Sonic gets zapped by that level of energy all the time,I could argue tier 3 or 2 base Archie Sonic based off of that alone.

Sonic X and Pre-Genesis Sonic can scale to Chaos 6 if Eggman used the chaos emeralds to destroy the moon while the Post-Genesis Sonic can scale to Archie Dark Gaia feats.

Archie is a case of multiple writer syndrome for base stats

Ken Penders:universe+ level Karl Bollers:solar system level Evan Stanley:island level Ian Flynn:city/mountain level

I think it should just be left at 4-B otherwise every low end or PIS moment like Nack knocking Sonic out with some weights is going to be used to try to dismantle tiering

Dark649 said:
Sonic X and Pre-Genesis Sonic can scale to Chaos 6 if Eggman used the chaos emeralds to destroy the moon while the Post-Genesis Sonic can scale to Archie Dark Gaia feats.
Sonic Adventure 2 was used directly in Archie, the HQ literally said to go play SA2 to see the conclusion of the story, I think the same calculation can be used. In Sonic X on the other hand literally half the moon was destroyed, I did the Sonic X version calculation and the result was higher than the version of Sonic Adventure 2, I think I can put the calculation here later.

The calc can be used if there are no pictures of Eggman blowing the moon since said calc could be lower basing on the way the scene is portrayed like the Sonic X versio.

I'll have to re-read Archie Megaman.

Anyway. Is there any scans I can use to scale that mountain? I'll get to the cross-country feat after dinner.

Well, it happened. It just wasn't shown because the book literally said to go play the game to see the rest of the story. Even though it makes no sense for them to co-exist.

Regardless, I think the calc might be applicable.

It's just too flimsy to put him at 4-B for the Quantum Dial feat, when we don't even know how much force he countered since the black hole wasn't finished. It's also unclear if he countered the force of the hole, or just the dial itself.

I'll have to re-read Archie Megaman.

Anyway. Is there any scans I can use to scale that mountain? I'll get to the cross-country feat after dinner.

Nah, it's just a statement.

But he said it was an ENTIRE one. Though it could be of varying sizes.

So yeah, that one probably isn't enough.

Darkanine could calc:

Eggman blowing the moon [Sonic X].

Archie Dark Gaia feats that scales to Post-Genesis Sonic. For the speed he is MHS for dodging lightning.

A small question, why do not we use the speed of the games for the Post-SGW? I mean, officially the story of almost all games that were released at that time (except Sonic Lost World, Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Chroncles) are canonical for the HQ's, there is a direct mention to Sonic Colors DS which is where Sonic's confirmation comes from FTL in the games. So why not use the feat of the game that is canonical to hq?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back