• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Shadow can still use Chaos Powers without an emerald.

Well let's see, Shadow is like a weaker Sonic who makes up for it by spamming his hax, Sonic said Knuckles moves are easy to read and while he kinda above these two, Shadow is almost as fast as him and spam Time Stop so he can safely dodge Knux attacks.

Knuckles does have stuff like the Power Flash to stun Shadow and has the Dura Neg Uppercut Attack but Shadow also has a dura neg attack with the Chaos Spear, which is also long range and he'll probably come up with ways to counter the Power Flash like, IDK, Stopping Time and attacking Knux before he does it.

So Shadow pretty much blitzes Knux to hell and bombards him with attacks, also Chaos Rift GG.

Would a bloodlusted Knuckles be better for this match? Or make it a Super Shadow VS Super Knuckles instead? (4-A ends since Knux has no 2-C key)

Best case scenario is probably to bloodlust Knuckles and equalize speed, but even then he has no counters for time stop and bfr (unless he gets access to the the Master Emerald and nulls Shadow's powers, but in that case Knuckles probably haxstomps).

Then what about Super Knuckles VS Super Shadow? Their Invincibility should prevent them from affecting each other with physical attacks and they would have to resort to durability negating hax

And Shadows dues neg attack is long range, plus Shadow should still be faster than Knuckles in Super Form so he would still blitz.

Shadow won't blitz him since he's comparable to Sonic, even if he's slower than him. And the same applies to their super forms.

Even with stopping time, Shadow don't have a lot of durability negating haxes he can use before knuckles uses the wisps to win

Knuckles speed isn't comparable to Sonic at all, he is comparable to a casual Sonic, Shadow is much closer to Sonic's actual speed even if he is still slower than him.

And Shadow has the Wisp too.

Wisps should be standard for Knuckles unlike Shadow, and pretty sure they would have similar speed in super, maybe not in base but definitvely super

Even so, Knuckles unfortunately has nothing to counter time stop without using the Master Emerald to power null Shadow, in which case i'm pretty sure Knux would hax stomp.

Knux needs ALL of his equipment here to even be a threat. Knuckles nullifying the Chaos Emerald's powers isn't really in character but he kinda needs it here. Even then, can Knuckles (Game version) nullify Shadow's powers when he doesn't need an Emerald for them?

No, i'm pretty sure they're either both 5-B or both 5-A (or possibly both 4-A since the OP considdered using superforms). Either way, the AP is basically equalized from what i can tell.

Also why would Wisp be standard for Knuckles but not for Shadow? Both of them have the same level of interaction with them (AKA only Runners and TSR)

Also, what's stopping Shadow from trying to destroy the ME before Knuckles can null him anyways? Shadow knows that's a problem Knux has faced before and I'd argue that'd be a strategy he employs if Knux brought it to a fight.

BlastX said:
Also why would Wisp be standard for Knuckles but not for Shadow? Both of them have the same level of interaction with them (AKA only Runners and TSR)
Because Shadow doesn't actualy appear in the story mode of Runners, and in that the Wisps straight up say they are going to help Team Sonic in more adventures

You're probably right but just out of curiosity what characters appear there that shouldn't appear?

If you mean someone like Blaze or Silver then it doesn't count.

Even with Knuckles having the wisps it still doesn't stop Shadow from spamming teleportation to dodge attacks, let alone stopping time to screw him over or bfr by spamming Chaos Rift. Yeah, i guess i can vote for Shadow regardless of what's used, but i do still think speed should be equalized just to make absolutely sure Shadow doesn't blitz (if anything just to stop arguments surrounding speed).

BlastX said:
You're probably right but just out of curiosity what characters appear there that shouldn't appear?

Chip, Caliburn, Shara, Erazor, etc.

Theuser789 said:
BlastX said:

Chip, Caliburn, Shara, Erazor, etc.
Then it's understandable.

But yeah, voting for Shadow due to being intelligent enough and skilled enough to be able to combat every technique and ability Knuckles can use, even going so far as to nullify the ME via simply shattering it.

His speed and spamming also help.

Back