• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bartz Klauser vs Saint-14

Bartz's power copy makes this seem like it'll be a skill match as he'll copy all of Saint's atuff the moment he uses it

Power copying the light doesn't really work that well, vex had a lot of trouble even understanding it.

I don't know anything about final fantasy so I can only explain stuff about Saint-14 here.

Bartz doesn't have a in-character move afaik. Death Manipulation works by him casting a spell and the enemy dying.

What is Saint 14's responce to transmutation and petrification?

Ghosts allow Saint-14 to come back from that.

Not getting hit by it, or just rezzing.

Does it have casting time?

Depends on how those work. Are they of the kind that would proc his immortalities?

Considering with his light he was able to cause a rift in the Infinite Forest and even get a signal out to reality, probably. How does BFR work?

He opens a hole in space and the person is sucked into it.

And i'm pretty sure Saint 14 stomps, since he resists everything Bartz throws at him and Void hax would insta-kill even if i think the FF V cast should have resistence to it but alas

Well Bartz is 3-C, and you can just straight up destroy a ghost. It's just hard.

He actually has a few techniques of death manipulation:

Blue Magic:

• Death Claw: A powerful swipe that instantly leaves his foe on the verge of death regardless of their durability and paralyzes them to render them incapable of any action.
Blue Magic:

• Doom: Bartz curses a target to instantly die after thirty seconds pass.
Summoning:

• Odin: Bartz summons the mysterious knight Odin to instantly cut down all of his foes with its iron blade, Zantetsuken. If the target is resistant to instant death, Odin will instead toss his spear Gungnir to deal heavy non-elemental damage.
Time Magic:

• Banish: Bartz rips open a hole in space and consigns his foe into it before shutting it, killing them instantly and removing them from the battlefield.

They don't come out unless Saint 14 wants it to or dies and needs to get rezzed. Ghosts are pretty good at dodging enemy fire, are tiny and can make themselves hard to hit, and resurrection doesn't take too long. However, people have permakilled Guardians like that before. Felwinter killed a warlord with his shotgun then immediately fired a second shot into his ghost when it came out, and Cayde-6 had his ghost sniped by The Rifleman when he pulled it out for a second.

Killing a ghost does not outright kill a guardian, but it makes their next death final.

Voting Saint 14 for now.

While Bartz has a chance of killing him, i think it would take too long to kill his ghosts, and 14 will get a chance of using void hax, killing Bartz.

If Bartz gets his Existence Erasure resistence, i may change my vote.

As for the Light being incomprehensible to the Vex- could it just be due to the nature of the light rather than an actual feat of resisting Info Analysis? Like could the Vex just have a very straight-view of that sort of thing? Just curious if this is broached in-verse since other beings are indeed able to manipulate light, which makes it seem possible it could happen here. Granted, boyo would have to get his own light to copy those powers. But what of Void Manip and such?

Impossible for all or just the Vex?

Both heralds of the darkness and of the light have been hard to analyze for the Vex. In the lore another highly advanced race wasn't able to analyze Oryx's power either. There's also the fact that even if it was just the Vex it would still be very impressive.

It would be impressive, granted, but it might be simply a flaw for the Vex rather than an actual quality of the Light

Since most of the time the only flaws in their predictions and simulations have to do with the light or the darkness I think that it's just that those two are very hard to analyze.

And yet a Warmind managed to discover enough to cripple it?

Warminds are just ridiculous. Considering what the vex ca analyze and simulate...

Even if its due to the nature of the light that is still a resistance to info analysis.

There's also how Callus, who could precog the likes of Oryx, couldn't precog the PC.

Voting Saint 14 for Type 8 immortality and LowGodly Regen. While Bartz is Stronger and more durable as 5C<5A, thats basically it. He has no actual way to kill 14.

Back