• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Barry Allen Striking Strength

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I can see, that is a Pre-Crisis feat.

Antvasima said:
As far as I can see, that is a Pre-Crisis feat.
Barry Allen didn't change during the Crisis because he "died" and was absorbed into the Speedforce during the battle in the Crisis and emerged after the retcon.

Yes, some of his history is similar, but the power-scale is still usually wildly different between different continuities and eras.

Antvasima said:
Yes, some of his history is similar, but the power-scale is still usually wildly different between different continuities and eras.
For most characters their powers were changed. But that only applies to characters who were actually in the mortal universes at the time. The Gods didn't change since they were in the Sphere of the Gods outside the univeres, they just had different avatars. Likewise Barry Allen who was in the speedforce at the time, didn't change.

DC continuity is very fluid. His history changed considerably after getting out of the Speed Force. We are not going to scale Post-Crisis or Post-Flashpoint from Pre-Crisis. I am sorry, but that is final.

Antvasima said:
His history changed considerably after getting out of the Speed Force.
It did? I'm sorry but can you cite that, I am curious to see that. I have never seen that.

Well, all of his Pre-Crisis history would not be possible to synchronise with Post-Crisis continuity.

Anyway, we make clear distinctions between different eras with different histories and standards.

But Barry didn't exist in Post-Crisis until after he returned. Like he doesn't have a "Post-Crisis" history until like Final Crisis when he returns. There is nothing to synchronise.

He did exist in Post-Crisis continuity, as part of its history, and characters' memories. The Crisis on Infinite Earths event still happened, it was simply remembered differently, due to history being retroactively changed.

Antvasima said:
He did exist in Post-Crisis continuity, as part of its history, and characters' memories. The Crisis on Infinite Earths event still happened, it was simply remembered differently, due to history being retroactively changed.
Ok? I'm still not really clear but you sound like you know what you are talking about so ok then. Sorry for using so much of your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back