• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Barroth vs Barricade (Michael Bay).

Status
Not open for further replies.

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
Barricade was trecking through some random ass forest Scouting for one of the Space Bridge Pillars that some fool had dropped while transporting them to their placements. He found it in some strange nest with an Egg next to it which confused him because as far as he knows, no animal on earth can lay an egg that big. As he approached the Pillar, he was tackled by something hard enough to send him flying. After regaining his Bearings, Barricade looked up to see a strange creature that resembled what the humans called a Dinosaur. This was gonna be harder than expected.

DotM Barricade and Base Barroth Keys are being used and they're fighting in a Forest 12 Meters away from each other.

Barricade knows that the Barroth is stronger and faster than him since he got slammed by it.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Barricade_(Michael_Bay) : 7

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Barroth :

Incon:

Last edited:
Barroth: Higher AP (1.07x), Stat amps, and Stat effect inducement.
Barricade: Higher Range, Lifting Strength, and Skill.

Honestly, I could see this going both ways, but Barricade would most likely try and go for range given he knows the Barroth's strength. He has slightly lower AP but honestly its so miniscule it doesn't really matter in the fight at least until he uses his stat amps, after that the fight'll get more difficult for Barricade. Given the Barroth's size though the starting distance doesn't matter because he'll already be in front of Barricade. So Barricade's gonna have to try and outskill it and maybe use his LS to get the win by pinning him or something, though that'll be difficult given his higher AP and the stat amp that'll make it higher along with his speed so he could honestly just dodge most of his attacks either at range or in close range. And even if that doesn't stop Barricade, he'll have to deal with mud being used to slow him down.

Overall, gonna have to give it to the Barroth because he just has ways to make himself more powerful while reducing Barricade's overall effectiveness.

Barroth: Higher AP (1.07x), Stat amps, and Stat effect inducement.
Barricade: Higher Range, Lifting Strength, and Skill.

Honestly, I could see this going both ways, but Barricade would most likely try and go for range given he knows the Barroth's strength. He has slightly lower AP but honestly its so miniscule it doesn't really matter in the fight at least until he uses his stat amps, after that the fight'll get more difficult for Barricade. Given the Barroth's size though the starting distance doesn't matter because he'll already be in front of Barricade. So Barricade's gonna have to try and outskill it and maybe use his LS to get the win by pinning him or something, though that'll be difficult given his higher AP and the stat amp that'll make it higher along with his speed so he could honestly just dodge most of his attacks either at range or in close range. And even if that doesn't stop Barricade, he'll have to deal with mud being used to slow him down.

Overall, gonna have to give it to the Barroth because he just has ways to make himself more powerful while reducing Barricade's overall effectiveness.
Counted.

Barroth is practically a mindless animal (note in combat, in overall intelligence I have zero clue why he is weak to dragon elemental). No way is it dodging any of barricades’ attacks especially with how big it is. What stop barricade from just back up when Barroth does one of the half a dozen moves that stops it dead in its tracks or has it blindly run off in the wrong direction. Unless barricade is practically brain dead he should just be able to back away and easily snip the barroth to death. The only reason the hunter doesn’t do so is because blow guns have shit range, barricade doesn’t have that problem so once he gets a decent distance away there’s nothing the Barroth can do.

Also people weaker than the barroth easily obliterate their mud armor so that’s not helping at all.

Barroth is practically a mindless animal (note in combat, in overall intelligence I have zero clue why he is weak to dragon elemental). No way is it dodging any of barricades’ attacks especially with how big it is. What stop barricade from just back up when Barroth does one of the half a dozen moves that stops it dead in its tracks or has it blindly run off in the wrong direction. Unless barricade is practically brain dead he should just be able to back away and easily snip the barroth to death. The only reason the hunter doesn’t do so is because blow guns have shit range, barricade doesn’t have that problem so once he gets a decent distance away there’s nothing the Barroth can do.

Also people weaker than the barroth easily obliterate their mud armor so that’s not helping at all.
Well once the Barroth gets enraged, he'll likely be able to close the gap between them and his higher ap and dura would help him with the ranged attacks. Also, while I did suggest that Barricade would try and go for ranged attacks, he's basically never gone for ranged in the movies unless his opponents were already going for ranged. Honestly, he's more likely to go for melee because that's seemingly his forte, which would also make the Barroth fight harder for him given that its a melee based creature that can boost his own melee and reduce Barricade's effectiveness. I only suggested he may go for ranged because it seemed like the most logical thing to do, but even when faced with opponents stronger than himself he still went for melee. Honestly suggesting he'd probably go for ranged was my own fault considering how little he ever does so.

Also this isn't a canon scene but I just wanted to point it out cuz I thought it was funny. In one of the movie comics, Barricade literally tries to drive up to Bumblebee to fight him but hits a random stone pillar while driving and gets heavily damaged and knocked out.

I mean I understand him starting at melee, but if he’s literally about to die I think anyone with average human intelligence or above would change up their strategy and back away.

The amps don’t matter much when most of Barroth’s moves leave him a sitting duck. Especially his moves like when he throws mud off himself, he does that for like 30 seconds and is completely defenseless the whole time.

The only reason the hunter can’t capitalize on the Barroth’s massive weaknesses is because mh has all the monster have a shit ton of health and take around 50 minutes to kill even when you constantly wail on them. Barricade won’t have that problem because hp is a gameplay mechanic so his practically identical ap should allow him to quickly shoot Barroth dead. And while barroth does increase his durability with amps, barricade ranged attacks would have piercing power on their side so a good couple of shots to the head should blow Barroth’s brains out and kill it.

If that's the case then yeah, Barricade most likely wins, though I feel like it would be tough given he basically only goes for melee. I'm not that knowledgeable in Monster Hunter so I was under the impression that him stopping after attacks would only be about like a second at most, but if it's 30 whole seconds for one of my main arguments, then yeah, Barricade most likely takes this if he realizes that melee is a dead sentence.

I'm pretty sure Keeweed wasn't being too serious with Barroth doing a helpless move that lasts 30secs and hunts take 50mins (all are game mechanics btw) they were just examples.

Only one of his attacks last that long. The others are often a couple of seconds, but considering that happens after a large majority of their attacks that give barricade plenty of times he can punch or unload his gun into Barroth.
The moves that don’t have it pause are usually pretty Telegraphed, like even in the cutscenes, and one of his moves is so telegraphed and he commits to it so hard that he often misses and goes way off course.

Though none of that is my main reason for thinking Barricade wins, it just adds a lot to it. I think the biggest problem is once barricade goes for range the Barroth just doesn’t have any options to counter range. Like at all.

I'm pretty sure Keeweed wasn't being too serious with Barroth doing a helpless move that lasts 30secs and hunts take 50mins (all are game mechanics btw) they were just examples.
The 30 seconds is a bit of an over statement, but he still leaves himself open for a long time (still enough seconds for someone to gain very good distance).

I’m voting barricade, but no clue about anyone else.

Well given what you're saying, I'm changing my vote to Barricade. I thought that the flinging mud thing would only take about a second, not something that takes a prolonged period of time. I also didn't think that it would telegraph its attacks. Both of those would allow Barricade to just dodge and attack it either with melee or range, and especially melee given his affinity for it and his skills in it.

So yeah, voting for Barricade.

Some times he can fling mud without much time, but it is poorly aimed, has very poor range, and I don’t even see what it would do here. The reason it works on the hunter is because they’re absolutely covered in it, it would just cover like barricade foot and he can clear it by walking.

If we are just talking about telegraphed attacks then the move I’m referring to is when he shakes a lot of mud off himself. It’s a really crappy move and I have no clue why it’s even in the games since I’ve literally never been hit by it, but it leaves the barroth very open and he does it somewhat often.

I just went to watch a video of the Barroth, which I honestly probably should've done before this, my bad, and most of his attacks seem to be pretty easy to dodge and make him stop after for like 2-3 whole seconds and they're usually telegraphed pretty heavily because it winds up for like a second so yeah, Barroth just seems a lot worse than Barricade. My bad for not doing this sooner.

Tbf several MH profiles are grossly outdated/missing. As mentioned on another thread many 9-As need to be downgraded to 9-B, many monsters are missing abilities (e.g: underground mobility, natural weaponry, reactive evolution for deviants, etc), important monsters haven't been indexed and The Hunter hasn't been updated with new stuff he got in the most recent MH game.

Anyway I'll change my vote for Barricade FRA.

Barricade picks up the Space Bridge Pillar from the nest of the fallen creature, weary in case another one shows up after he finally managed to put this one down. It hit harder than him but he was able to out wrestle it and put it down with some well place shots from his guns. As he called for Transport, another Barroth did show up but it got instantly obliterated by the firepower of the Decepticon Dropship coming to pick him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back