• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

What of Kenpachi?
Lol, forgot Kenpachi. I didn't say if Byakuya and Kenpachi are there for the hypothetical. I guess Kenpachi definitely adapts in time lol.

Kenpachi 100% has greater AP than Butorenjin, no doubt. He dealt more damage than a masked Black Getsuga to Yammy. Not to be overly ambitious with damage scaling, but I'd find it highly doubtful if he didn't based on the huge chunk he took out of Yammy.

As for Kenpachi vs Gin, I think Kenpachi can probably adapt to it in time, if he doesn't get taken out in one shot. He probably wouldn't get one shot, but a well placed one could, like maybe to the head or something, IDK.

Hollow Mask Shinji/Bankai Komamura might be able to take down hollow mask Tosen
Hollow Shinji is enough for Tosen. Tosen is ****** if he fights Shinji, given how Shinji dodged a full strike from Tosen, and they both basically have the same amp on top of that.

Hollow Shinji definitely gotta be fast enough to deal with Gin. He might unironically be the strongest in the Karakura town war, if you exclude Aizen, Yamamoto, and Unohana (OFC not counting the Sannin, since they only show up in the Deicide arc).

I guess that's my hot take, lol. Shinji underrated fr.

Lol, forgot Kenpachi. I didn't say if Byakuya and Kenpachi are there for the hypothetical. I guess Kenpachi definitely adapts in time lol.

Kenpachi 100% has greater AP than Butorenjin, no doubt. He dealt more damage than a masked Black Getsuga to Yammy. Not to be overly ambitious with damage scaling, but I'd find it highly doubtful if he didn't based on the huge chunk he took out of Yammy.

As for Kenpachi vs Gin, I think Kenpachi can probably adapt to it in time, if he doesn't get taken out in one shot. He probably wouldn't get one shot, but a well placed one could, like maybe to the head or something, IDK.

Hollow Shinji is enough for Tosen. Tosen is ****** if he fights Shinji, given how Shinji dodged a full strike from Tosen, and they both basically have the same amp on top of that.

Hollow Shinji definitely gotta be fast enough to deal with Gin. He might unironically be the strongest in the Karakura town war, if you exclude Aizen, Yamamoto, and Unohana (OFC not counting the Sannin, since they only show up in the Deicide arc).

I guess that's my hot take, lol. Shinji underrated fr.
Worst case scenario Kenpachi can just throw a Ryoudan and Gin turns into paste.

I got a topic for ya'll:

Lets say that Ichigo gets some type of controlled FH form, and is off fighting base Aizen elsewhere, leaving Gin and Tosen to fight the Gotei 13 in the Karakura town war. Could the Gotei 13 (- Yamamoto and Unohana, since he'd already be out and Unohana is a cheat IG. Also no Bleach Sannin members because they'd be cheat picks) beat Gin and Tosen? Discuss.
If gin and tosen uses their Bankai the should win because kyoyaraku wouldn’t want to uses his Bankai earlier because is Allie’s would be close they have no knowledge of gin Bankai abilities plus it one shots every captain there if tosen uses his Bankai instead of resurrection it would give them a bigger advantage as they wouldn’t deal with is hax.

can someone explain to me why aizen and ichigo arent 4D or 5D even though he straight up compares their gap in spatial axis?
People will put forward many different reasons, such as "they are just making a metaphor" or "there is no success to support this", but for me the main reason is that TYBW, that is, the continuation of the series, does not support Aizen's words at that time. True shikai Ichigo or its derivatives, which are basically the same as the transcendental forms in Karakura, do not support the words of Aizen in the Karakura arc, do not comply with those words, and even have many contradictory things.

People will put forward many different reasons, such as "they are just making a metaphor" or "there is no success to support this", but for me the main reason is that TYBW, that is, the continuation of the series, does not support Aizen's words at that time. True shikai Ichigo or its derivatives, which are basically the same as the transcendental forms in Karakura, do not support the words of Aizen in the Karakura arc, do not comply with those words, and even have many contradictory things.
I would argue their ap being up there. But their existence itself is not higher D very clearly.

Where did this come from? It might be like a brain fart moment or something, but I didn't get this in the short extra chapter dedicated to him.
From chapter 0.8. It's a bonus chapter in the end of volume 12, I think. In manga reading sites, it might be chapter 107.5. It focuses on Mizuiro and Keigo when they first met Ichigo and Chad. The first few pages show Mizuiro with a much older woman, with the implication being that they slept with each other. At the end of the chapter, Mizuiro stopped going to that woman. It's a very sweet chapter. I recommend you read it.

This is the page where we see Mizuiro and the woman.
0107.5-001.png
You could argue that the woman is his aunt or something, but these pages:
0107.5-012.png

0107.5-013.png
imply otherwise. What confirms it for me is Keigo's smile after Mizuiro refuses to see the woman. The way I see it, Mizuiro has a bad family, with his mother prioritizing other men over her own son. Mizuiro started going out with women either for money or for affection (I'm leaning towards the second). But after meeting Ichigo and Chad, he realised that he did not need to ***** himself out for affection since he already has people who appreciate him. It's also the main theme of this particular chapter, that being strong connections between people despite everything in your life not going as well as you would want it.

Kira's power is not to double weight. Not as he claims. Kira's power works by "x2" the weight of the soul itself. Is a soul manipulation zanpakutou.

A zanpakutou = your soul

According to Kubo a zanpakutou is weightless to its own owner.

SJ: How can Ichigo swing a sword that looks heavier than he is? Is he secretly working out at home? TK: Well, no. To begin with, a zanpaku-tou isn't something you'd swing with your muscles. Ichigo's zanpaku-tou comes from inside him, so he wouldn't find it heavy. If Ichigo tried to wield Renji's zanpaku-tou, Zabimaru, he'd find it heavy.

SJ: So it depends on the person? TK: Yes. Zabimaru looks pretty heavy, too. Ichigo wouldn't be able to wield him. Renji would probably find the same thing with Ichigo's Zanpakutō, Zangetsu.

However, he was able to affect Matsumoto's zanpakutou. Why? Because of the same reason it can affect matter, and non-living beings, a zanpakutou is made out of Reishi as all-souls in bleach. And everything in Soul Society is made out of Reishi. How does it work on the Living World? Easy, all matter (kishi) has a small soul inside of it and that's how Fullbringers fight. Souls are made of Reishi.

Kira's zanpakutou through power is to manipulate the soul and Reishi.

What would Ichibei's intelligence be ranked as. I personally think he should be Extraordinary Genius due to his knowledge and mastery of Kido (being able to use sacred Kido and use Kido without even saying the number like Aizen) naming every phenomenon in the Soul Society, his experience, and how he oversaw all of Bleach and has over millions of years of experience.

Last edited:
I think EG is fine as Yhwach designated him as one of the war potentials because of his wisdom, given the amount of time he has existed, and how he has been crucial to the founding of the Soul Society. It should at least place him relative with other EG who weren't considered war potentials and don't possess as much knowledge as he does, like Mayuri.
Can't he also see and interfere with zankpakuto worlds/soul reaper inner worlds?

Is there a distinction between konpaku and tamashi? Both of them translate to soul, but I'm curious if there is some context lost due to translation.
So the difference between Konpaku (魂魄) and Tamashi (魂) is:
Konpaku is used to describe spiritual bodies. (so basically dead people such as Soul Reapers and people who reside in the SS.)

Tamashi is used to describe a spiritual essence (think of when Ginjo says Fullbringers can bring out the soul of an object or Ichigo’s spiritual essence within his Shinigami Badge)

Last edited:
So the difference between Konpaku (魂魄) and Tamashi (魂) is:
Konpaku is used to describe spiritual bodies. (so basically dead people such as Soul Reapers and people who reside in the SS.)

Tamashi is used to describe a spiritual essence (think of when Ginjo says Fullbringers can bring out the soul of an object or Ichigo’s spiritual essence within his Shinigami Badge)
I second this

I don't see how Yama without the obscene power gap he has over his opponents (Bankai Kisuke > Kisuke = Shikai Aizen ~< Yamamoto) gets past Kisuke's extensive battle iq and versatility. I'm not even joking that Kisuke has some of the best battle iq feats I've seen in fiction.

I don't see how Yama without the obscene power gap he has over his opponents (Bankai Kisuke > Kisuke = Shikai Aizen ~< Yamamoto) gets past Kisuke's extensive battle iq and versatility. I'm not even joking that Kisuke has some of the best battle iq feats I've seen in fiction.
FR. Kisuke 🐐 Urahara

Mayuri is very exceptional. Kisuke is much more exceptional than mayuri. Shikai yamamoto won't be doing much against either of them.
Kisuke's bankai might counter yamamoto to a great extent

Back