• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Ending on Yhwach being defeated as a cliffhanger is far from bad at all, the alternative is like skipping any added content for Squad 0 to rush Ichigo killing the Soul King, how are mfers going to complain about Squad 0 being rushed in the manga and then still bitch and moan when they aren’t rushed in the anime, like at least be consistent. Cuz rn it’s really just a few man children picking anything to bitch at

ong tho I’ve never seen people cope so hard over episode spoilers, like ffs go outside, take a shower, step away from the computer
I don’t think they’re upset about Squad Zero getting added content. I’m pretty sure it’s because it will end on 4 minutes of comedy which is weird since they’ve been removing comedy scenes to have a much more serious tone. It’s pretty obvious it was intended to end at Almighty up until recently. They probably ran out of time.

From a narrative standpoint, the viewer now believes the bad guy has lost so to them this does not come across as an actual "cliffhanger" because there is nothing hanging over the cliff to leave them with worry.
I don’t think anyone believes or would believe that Yhwach is defeated if I’m being honest. Since this is really only pertinent to anime onlies who haven’t read the manga. I think if it ends with Yhwach being crushed what people are going to wonder is how he comes back from that, since the watcher already knows about the Almighty, and is aware Yhwach hasn’t used it yet.

I don’t think they’re upset about Squad Zero getting added content. I’m pretty sure it’s because it will end on 4 minutes of comedy which is weird since they’ve been removing comedy scenes to have a much more serious tone. It’s pretty obvious it was intended to end at Almighty up until recently. They probably ran out of time.
I’ll give them it’s unfortunate sure, but not temper tantrum worthy. And I have a hard time giving my sympathies when you’ve got these vocal group of Bleach dissenters whining so much that it led to some staff leaving the project cuz they were being harassed a few episodes ago. Like there’s explaining a grievance with something (akin to how IMade expressed his dislike) and then there’s whining like you didn’t get a certain Lego set for Christmas (pm everyone else).

I don’t think anyone believes or would believe that Yhwach is defeated if I’m being honest. Since this is really only pertinent to anime onlies who haven’t read the manga. I think if it ends with Yhwach being crushed what people are going to wonder is how he comes back from that, since the watcher already knows about the Almighty, and is aware Yhwach hasn’t used it yet.
Last Frame is Yhwach falling,completely black with a Big Ass White Kanji on his body

Yeah the "cliffhanger" they left it on wasn't all that great

I would have preferred they ended it at least with Yhwach reawakening his almighty with the Jugram explanation

I don’t think anyone believes or would believe that Yhwach is defeated if I’m being honest. Since this is really only pertinent to anime onlies who haven’t read the manga.
Which is a lot of people. You should see some of the threads for the new season on r/Bleach or r/anime on reddit as a good majority of viewers are actually anime only. I would bet more than half the viewers are anime only with some of the discussions going on in them.

I think if it ends with Yhwach being crushed what people are going to wonder is how he comes back from that, since the watcher already knows about the Almighty, and is aware Yhwach hasn’t used it yet.
They don't really know about the Almighty though. It hasn't been stated in name and to them they don't even understand the significance of Yhwach having multiple pupils in the past.
In all honesty, this could backfire and leave a sour taste in the mouth as they could now believe or expect Yhwach to have an "asspull" moment to comeback and win.

Which is a lot of people. You should see some of the threads for the new season on r/Bleach or r/anime on reddit as a good majority of viewers are actually anime only. I would bet more than half the viewers are anime only with some of the discussions going on in them.

They don't really know about the Almighty though. It hasn't been stated in name and to them they don't even understand the significance of Yhwach having multiple pupils in the past.
In all honesty, this could backfire and leave a sour taste in the mouth as they could now believe or expect Yhwach to have an "asspull" moment to comeback and win.
When I say they know the Almighty, I’m saying they know Yhwach has this weird eye power, not that they know it mechanically. Well foremost the Almighty wouldn’t be an asspull, but more importantly I don’t think placement of cliffhanger will impact whether or not people think Yhwach winning is an asspull or not. Since the cliffhanger doesn’t hold any baring on the mechanics of the fight. Also I’m not going on Reddit 🗿

I don't know how they would have shifted the pacing to make it possible, but a better season ending place would be this:

DuEjIdL.jpg

It should really end on ichibei getting one shot imo. I don't think waiting an entire cour to see a one shot is all that good from a viewer perspective to anime only ppl. They would at least know what the name of his multiple pupil thing is, I look at reactions nobodies know it's significance so seeing it return and being called the Almighty and one shotting Ichibei would be better. Would leave a bit of shock imo. But if you end on a defeated Yhwach I think that's better than ending on an Almighty activation as the latter implies another fight is about to happen and there isnt one

I don't know how they would have shifted the pacing to make it possible, but a better season ending place would be this:
Thats like 2.5 chapters from where it will end in ep26, would probably have to cut some 0 squad stuff to kinds make it fit?

Alright, that's it. But think about Cour 3, they start the first episode with a background on the powers of the King and explain what these eyes are, so it may seem strange now but when the tybw is finished it will be much better linearly for those who are going to watch Bleach for the first time

Also I’m not going on Reddit 🗿
Beautiful concept terrible result. On Reddit I can be downvoted for simply asking questions. Reddit is also a very hive minded place any opinion not the norm gets you obliterated. So you must now how those ppl treat me knowing that. I have a lot of those. Reddit also seems to allow ppl to say vile things. It's internet tough guy at its peak. I've had like 10+ reddit accounts and all have negative karma. I would make alts to get around ppl stalking me because they didn't like me and would auto downvote anything I posted. Trash place. Stopped using it entirely. Reddit low-key destroyed my mental stability or what little I had left.

Beautiful concept terrible result. On Reddit I can be downvoted for simply asking questions. Reddit is also a very hive minded place any opinion not the norm gets you obliterated. So you must now how those ppl treat me knowing that. I have a lot of those. Reddit also seems to allow ppl to say vile things. It's internet tough guy at its peak. I've had like 10+ reddit accounts and all have negative karma. I would make alts to get around ppl stalking me because they didn't like me and would auto downvote anything I posted. Trash place. Stopped using it entirely. Reddit low-key destroyed my mental stability or what little I had left.
Reddit is a dumpster fire more news at 11

Laughs in how they ban you for bringing up anything about Giselle and Kubo calling Giselle a dude multiple times.

If they start adding content and new fights from now on, I'll accept it with open arms. Please explain in advance about Nanao's sword and don't make Lille die to that plot sword or Yhwach die to the plot arrow

From that point onwards in the anime. Knowing that big changes are going to happen, what do you think should change until the end? I think Lille and Gerard's deaths were very forced and abrupt

I'm afraid, afraid that they'll want to cover Tokinada's novel with these 10 extras.
Possibly i mean 10 episodes is almost a whole season on it's own. I don't think theirs room for that much new content unless they gives us a tybw flash back

The next cour is mostly fights and could easily cover the rest of manga.

From that point onwards in the anime. Knowing that big changes are going to happen, what do you think should change until the end? I think Lille and Gerard's deaths were very forced and abrupt
Im fine with Gerard's death id rather him be killed by yhwach then people who scale tiers below him. Lille's death was just bad

Back