• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

How is this supposed to a be a meaningful insight? We're on VS wiki so I talk about his VS wiki scaling.
Yep you’re right. That’s why you shouldn’t post about anything unless it regards VS wiki scaling.

Saying Ichigo beating base Yhwach isn’t impressive contradicts that yet you felt the need to clarify it

635f7248b4764c1a03edb7edb274ee45.jpg

The impressive argument is stupid since impressiveness is subjective. A layman viewer would find it impressive for someone to beat up base Yhwach, but someone who’s more knowledgeable on the story and the lore of Bleach probably won’t find transcendent level characters beating Bankai Yama level characters that impressive. Albeit, the anime is turbo buffing Squad 0, which in turn may turbo buff strength returned (9 years part of the song) Yhwach, and in domino effect fashion recontextualizes TS Ichigo dominating that Yhwach as impressive to both the layman viewer and the more knowledgeable viewer.

The impressive argument is stupid since impressiveness is subjective. A layman viewer would find it impressive for someone to beat up base Yhwach, but someone who’s more knowledgeable on the story and the lore of Bleach probably won’t find transcendent level characters beating Bankai Yama level characters that impressive. Albeit, the anime is turbo buffing Squad 0, which in turn may turbo buff strength returned (9 years part of the song) Yhwach, and in domino effect fashion recontextualizes TS Ichigo dominating that Yhwach as impressive to both the layman viewer and the more knowledgeable viewer.
There are still casual viewers that think Yamaji can beat 1st fusion Aizen. Hell, there are still people who think he can beat Ichibe.

Not to mention the people who are still coping saying Kenpachi isn't transcendant level in CFYOW-onwards despite having direct statements saying he is transcendant tier in stats. And again, they also think Yamaji beats him.

There are still casual viewers that think Yamaji can beat 1st fusion Aizen. Hell, there are still people who think he can beat Ichibe.

Not to mention the people who are still coping saying Kenpachi isn't transcendant level in CFYOW-onwards despite having direct statements saying he is transcendant tier in stats. And again, they also think Yamaji beats him.
To be fair, some people still think the light novels are non-canon and/or they are "Kenpachi wank fanfiction." They are wrong, but those ideas are still out there.

Also, I just realized. Yamamoto is THE most overrated Bleach character in terms of in-verse scaling. People are quick to say Kenpachi when it comes down to it, but although you can make cases for TYBW, CFYOW Kenny is HIM. Meanwhile people are riding Yama like he's a f#cking mechanical bull. It's ironic how quick they are to throw stones at the Kenpachis, but then when it's time for their judgment they just huddle up and start throwing stones out of their glass house. People are out here making claims that he's transcendant tier or that he could beat Almighty Yhwach (thank GOD the anime fully debunked that, I was praying for that) while they say that CFYOW Kenpachi can't beat Base Yhwach or even Jugram. I would argue Soul Crush kills Jugram, let alone a single swing.

This argument premise is so silly lmao.

Yeah,in the manga, base Yhwach post 9 years of strengh is much more powerfull stat wise than before as he regained his true strengh, even without almighty active, as that strengh is needed to wield the Almighty correctly, according to Jugram.

But in the manga, Jugram say that Yhwach could have used the almighty (opened his eyes) at any time prior, at the cost of ALL his ritters.

But we know the anime changed that with ichibe sealing Yhwach's eyes, "never to open again until your death". So i don't even know if they will rely on the "9 years of strengh" angle anymore and thus stating "base Yhwach" got much stronger.

But instead of a statement we may get a feat. Given that the Ichigo vs Yhwach fight start with Yhwach in base , there is a chance that we see Yhwach stab the Soul King while in base as well, wich would raise his scaling anyway.

Last edited:
Keigo and his sister can apparently just... see Hollows. What the hell? Why did I not remember that? Do people just manifest that power out of nowhere?

Plus, Mizuiro... that boy ain't right. I feel like something very bad once happened to him.

Keigo and his sister can apparently just... see Hollows. What the hell? Why did I not remember that? Do people just manifest that power out of nowhere?
Ichigo has a lot uncontrolled spiritual energy, to the point where, even before becoming a Shinigami, he was flooding the area around him with enough spiritual energy to block out Rukia's spiritual sensing. Keigo is Ichigo's friend. Being exposed to large amounts of spiritual energy can awaken people's spiritual senses. I don't remember his sister seeing Hollows though.

Karin could see the outlines of grand fisher even tho he was camouflaged iirc. She also could see the hollow that chad fought when he unlocked his powers.

Yuzu can't even see ghosts, only somewhat sense their presence

Bro there are still fans that think Yama beats Ichigo let alone ichibē or hogyoku Aizen

Yeah,in the manga, base Yhwach post 9 years of strengh is much more powerfull stat wise than before as he regained his true strengh, even without almighty active, as that strengh is needed to wield the Almighty correctly, according to Jugram.

But in the manga, Jugram say that Yhwach could have used the almighty (opened his eyes) at any time prior, at the cost of ALL his ritters.

But we know the anime changed that with ichibe sealing Yhwach's eyes, "never to open again until your death". So i don't even know if they will rely on the "9 years of strengh" angle anymore and thus stating "base Yhwach" got much stronger.

But instead of a statement we may get a feat. Given that the Ichigo vs Yhwach fight start with Yhwach in base , there is a chance that we see Yhwach stab the Soul King while in base as well, wich would raise his scaling anyway.

Honestly the anime has those dialogues too lol
Yhwach could strip the sternitters of his power because he wasn’t strong enough yet
it’s the same thing, and also in the manga ichibei was the one that sealed Yhwach almighty

About this:

Is this not applicable to Shunsui's Shikai powers? Shunsui's Shikai abilities set up "rules" upon reality and both fighters have to follow them in the fight to cause damage. Lille Barro upon releasing both eyes gets resistance to this power and can work outside of it.

Later, Shunsui's bankai is a "Reality warping" power which forces the rules upon the opponent without giving them the change to follow the rules of the game, as in his Bankai is more of a theatrical play than a game.

Shikai = Law Manipulation
Bankai = Reality Warping

You get what I am saying?

I don't know the reason we haven't give Lille Barro resistance to "Law Manipulation" in his base form with 2 eyes open?

Honestly the anime has those dialogues too lol
Yhwach could strip the sternitters of his power because he wasn’t strong enough yet
it’s the same thing, and also in the manga ichibei was the one that sealed Yhwach almighty
No, the anime refer the Kaiser Gesang song , but so far the "9 years of strengh" weren't confirmed to have passed or not in the anime. We will see if they keep the dialogue that confirm it.

And again no,i don't remember anything in the manga even hinting at Ichibe having sealed anything in the past. Jugram straight contradict this too, by saying Yhwach could have used the Almighty at any time prior.
Please send scan that prove Ichibe sealed the almighty in the manga.

The leaks say that it has a Bleach-like feeling. So it's not only referring to the song, but also the visuals. Which are not yet leaked afaik.
Ah fair enough. I was still hoping the rest of the intro song had that 2000's to early 2010's vibe
We know how the sound was like since the trailer months ago, lol
A small portion of it, yes. Not enough to judge it back then though.

We know how the sound was like since the trailer months ago, lol
Yeah, i know.

But that still doesn't confirm if the 9 years of strengh have passed as of the ichibe fight or not in the anime. If the anime do not keep that statement of jugram (wherer he or another characther says it), then we can't use it and thus no concrete proof of base Yhwach getting a huge stat boost out of it.

For all we know, in the anime, Yhwach waited for the 9 years of strengh to pass before starting his plan but still can't use the almighty because ichibe sealed it.

Back