• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Should Ichigo get power mimicry for this:
This wouldn't be Power Mimicry in how we define it on wiki. While Ichigo is mimicking the abilities of others, it's because he's gained knowledge of how the ability works and uses power already presented within himself to replicate them. Power Mimicry requires you to, without using already present abilities, copy something foreign to yourself, which Ichigo isn't doing.

It's similar to how a boxer replicating another boxer's punch wouldn't be him literally copying the technique, but would rather be him understanding how the punch works and replicating it with attributes he already has.

This wouldn't be Power Mimicry in how we define it on wiki. While Ichigo is mimicking the abilities of others, it's because he's gained knowledge of how the ability works and uses power already presented within himself to replicate them. Power Mimicry requires you to, without using already present abilities, copy something foreign to yourself, which Ichigo isn't using.

It's similar to how a boxer replicating another boxer's punch wouldn't be him literally copying the technique, but would rather be him understanding how the punch works and replicating it with attributes he already has.
So this would be more like technique mimicry like Sukuna

I wouldn't say so, but I don't know the reasoning behind him having it. If it's a comparable situation, he should have it. If it isn't, he shouldn't.
Technique Mimicry (Upon only seeing a technique performed a single time, Sukuna is able to perfectly replicate that technique such as when he learned how to turn himself into a Cursed Object after Kenjaku helped him split his soul into his 20 fingers and restored his burnt out Cursed Technique by destroying parts of the brain and healing them with Reverse Cursed Technique after seeing Gojo do it.[19] Sukuna was also shown to mimic Choso's Piercing Blood technique by using water as a basis[20])
These are Sukuna's justifications. Here's mine on my sandbox:
(Copied some of White's fighting tactics and techniques and applied them to his own. Learned how to use Gran Rey Cero only witnessing it once with Grimmjow 2 years before his fight with Yhwach, fusing it with a Getsuga Tenshou.)
It's barebones for now but you get the picture

Being honest tho, I don't see a lot of people disputing it, I mean his profile rn is doing a huge disservice to just how good his feats are, like figuring out Gin's Bankai in two uses with uneccesary info and having been lied to.

Are we talking about Luffy in Egghead, who thought it was a better idea to throw Kizaru into the air after he was caught with his hand instead of crushing him initially?
Gear 5th Luffy fighting Kizaru in Egghead is like a trained boxer fighting in a senior home, he doesn't need strategy. He literally flattened him and tossed him around like a pizza.

Back